bad slow play? (pp 1/2)

I virtually never slow play but I figured if i can't slow play this hand then what can I slow play? Am I right? It was a loose table and i was almost positive someone would bet the flop.Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converterPreflop: slowplayer is SB with :clubsj: :heartsk: UTG calls, 3 folds, slowplayer completes, BB checks.Flop: (4 SB) :hearts2: :clubsk: :spadesk: (4 players)slowplayer checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 bets, slowplayer calls, BB folds, UTG calls.Turn: (3.50 BB) :hearts10: (3 players)slowplayer checks, UTG checks, MP2 bets, UTG calls, MP2 calls.River: (9.50 BB) :heartsa: (3 players)slowplayer bets, UTG calls, MP2 calls.Final Pot: 12.50 BB

I virtually never slow play but I figured if i can't slow play this hand then what can I slow play? Am I right? It was a loose table and i was almost positive someone would bet the flop.Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converterPreflop: slowplayer is SB with :clubsj: :heartsk: UTG calls, 3 folds, slowplayer completes, BB checks.Flop: (4 SB) :hearts2: :clubsk: :spadesk: (4 players)slowplayer checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 bets, slowplayer calls, BB folds, UTG calls.Turn: (3.50 BB) :hearts10: (3 players)slowplayer checks, UTG checks, MP2 bets, UTG calls, MP2 calls.River: (9.50 BB) :heartsa: (3 players)slowplayer bets, UTG calls, MP2 calls.Final Pot: 12.50 BB
I think you played it perfectly. nh
raise KJ pre-flop from any position.bet the flop. if you get raised pull a stop and go (call then C/R the turn)if he just calls the flop bet, lead the turn.

yes.want to argue more about it?want me to link you to 10+ posts where wrto and KDawg say the same thing?or maybe 100 threads from 2+2 that say the same?i promise you, this isnt an argument you want to get in to.you are wrong.people that know a lot about SSHE are goin to tell you that.

raise KJ pre-flop from any position.
That's a good point since no one has raised into you. I hadn't seen that before. You definitely want to raise PF in that situation. The rest of the play was still very nice IMHO.

I dont like a preflop raise... i'd raise the flop though,if you get three-bet then call and bet on the turn.

I believe Sklansky said to never slowplay trips. A set yes, trips and two pair no. However, the board is in no way coordinated and I can't fault your play here.
yes you canhe played it wrong
yes.want to argue more about it?want me to link you to 10+ posts where wrto and KDawg say the same thing?or maybe 100 threads from 2+2 that say the same?i promise you, this isnt an argument you want to get in to.you are wrong.people that know a lot about SSHE are goin to tell you that.
WRTO is the one who told me not to raise UTG with KJo
WRTO is the one who told me not to raise UTG with KJo
no he didnt.and if he did, he was wrong. or it was a long time ago. i had a conversation with him just yesterday about KJ. ive posted about 5 KJ hands in the last week. go look at them.get out of the kiddie pool and learn how to play KJ.
raise KJ pre-flop from any position.bet the flop. if you get raised pull a stop and go (call then C/R the turn)if he just calls the flop bet, lead the turn.
not too comfortable raising KJo yet. although i suppose im probably best here with 2 limpers.
not too comfortable raising KJo yet. although i suppose im probably best here with 2 limpers.
thats a good responde amarillo. i can respect that.KJ *is* a hard hand to play post-flop. the difference between good players and very good players lies in marginal hands like these.i would reccomend digging up past KJ hands you have or searching for other KJ hands so you can get more comfortable with the hand.at least you recognize it IS a raising hand

Fellas... just figured I'd put up WRTO's starting hand guide posted in January. Not too long ago, but maybe it's changed since then. Here he does not recommend raising with K-Jo from UTG. Now, I agree with the raise in the OP's situation (from the CO) 100%... I'm just trying to set the record straight.********************************************************************************************************************************************You're missing out on alot of money...Everyone plays there starting hands different, but you could open up a little. This is my starting hand guide, not yours, not Daniel's....mine. So don't take any of this as God's word. EP: play: AA-77, AKs-A9s,Any broadway thats suited (e.g. QJs, KTs, JTs), AKo-AJo, and KQo raise: AA-TT, AKs-AJs, AK0-AJo, KQs, and KQo MP: play: Same as EP + 66-22 (if someone has limped in already), T9s-87s, K9s-J9s, KJo, A7s-A2s. Raise: Same as EP + 99. (personally, I think I could raise more hands here(e.g. QJs, KJo) but I don't....wouldn't mind some input on that). LP: play: Same as MP + 76s-54s, ATo, KTo, QTo, and JTo....very rairly Kxs and T9o-T8o (if it looks like it's going to be 8 handed and no raise pre-flop) raise: same as MP unless i'm opening--then I will raise any hand I play. If I'm facing a raise: Any position I re-raise AA-TT AK (suited or not) and AQs. I fold AJo, but call with AJs and KQs and AQo. I muck everything else. I probably spew too many chips calling raises with AQo.... _________________I have no life, so I respond to your post.

Fellas... just figured I'd put up WRTO's starting hand guide posted in January. Not too long ago, but maybe it's changed since then. Here he does not recommend raising with K-Jo from UTG. Now, I agree with the raise in the OP's situation (from the CO) 100%... I'm just trying to set the record straight.********************************************************************************************************************************************You're missing out on alot of money...Everyone plays there starting hands different, but you could open up a little. This is my starting hand guide, not yours, not Daniel's....mine. So don't take any of this as God's word. EP: play: AA-77, AKs-A9s,Any broadway thats suited (e.g. QJs, KTs, JTs), AKo-AJo, and KQo raise: AA-TT, AKs-AJs, AK0-AJo, KQs, and KQo MP: play: Same as EP + 66-22 (if someone has limped in already), T9s-87s, K9s-J9s, KJo, A7s-A2s. Raise: Same as EP + 99. (personally, I think I could raise more hands here(e.g. QJs, KJo) but I don't....wouldn't mind some input on that). LP: play: Same as MP + 76s-54s, ATo, KTo, QTo, and JTo....very rairly Kxs and T9o-T8o (if it looks like it's going to be 8 handed and no raise pre-flop) raise: same as MP unless i'm opening--then I will raise any hand I play. If I'm facing a raise: Any position I re-raise AA-TT AK (suited or not) and AQs. I fold AJo, but call with AJs and KQs and AQo. I muck everything else. I probably spew too many chips calling raises with AQo.... _________________I have no life, so I respond to your post.
This has changed.i am positive that since he started playing 5/10 he has changed a lot of things.
I've always heard KJo in early position is junk? Not arguing with you Absolute, but is this anywhere in SSHE? I've never raised with KJo UTG.
from my experience [and my stats] KJo is a very tricky hand.there is definitely a Smasharoo mentality to fold or call KJo in EP, but I really think this is ABC, weak/tight poker.you have to get comfortable with hands like this. KJ0 and 99 are the hands I have been having the most difficulties with, and I only brought up wrto in this discussion because I have talked with him a few times about it and shown him some KJo and 99 hands. but if he says im wrong, im still going to argue. i think this is a raise.i really like the phrase "get out of the kiddie pool" for hands like this.KJ is a group 5 hand for sklansy in Hold'em For Advanced Players, BUT you have to understand the variation that is involved when playing small stakes hold'em.if you are a good post-flop player, you should be showing profit raising KJo in early position.