Sitting Down With Some Fat Cats

I posted a line about this in the lo-c thread, but thought I'd put it here on it's own to get more opinions/advice maybe?I've been invited to play in a $10-$20 limit game 1/2 holdem 1/2 O8 (min buy in $300) Apparently about half buy in for that and others 1k. I've got permission to play from the wife so now it's just a matter of when I want to take my shot. I plan on practicing a bit more of limit holdem online as I don't play it near as much as O8, but other than that anything anybody?

40 big bets is $800. you really shouldn't lose that much. play really tight during the holdem rounds. you just have to break even. i can almost promise you that they are worse at o8 than holdem. not that i'm a lhe god or anything, but if you want i can sweat you during a session of lhe and tell you what i think. pm me, im free tomorrow evening.

40 big bets is $800. you really shouldn't lose that much. play really tight during the holdem rounds. you just have to break even. i can almost promise you that they are worse at o8 than holdem. not that i'm a lhe god or anything, but if you want i can sweat you during a session of lhe and tell you what i think. pm me, im free tomorrow evening.
I read "I can almost promise you that you are worse at o8 than holdem" I proceeded to sit my whole lunch hour smoking pall malls and wondering why does he think I suck at O8 so bad and is he right? why didn't he ever say anything? How's come nobody said anything? How the hell am I winning every week in our Friday night game? lmaowent from very confident to self doubt in one comment that wasn't even made. maybe I respect your game too much....LMAO!
I read "I can almost promise you that you are worse at o8 than holdem" I proceeded to sit my whole lunch hour smoking pall malls and wondering why does he think I suck at O8 so bad and is he right? why didn't he ever say anything? How's come nobody said anything? How the hell am I winning every week in our Friday night game? lmaowent from very confident to self doubt in one comment that wasn't even made. maybe I respect your game too much....LMAO!
don't let this get around too much, but im sort of a life time loser at limit omaha8. although it could just be that i haven't tried very hard. i am -$600 at 2/4 over like 1200 hands although i am marginally up at every other limit. but yea, you misread it, lol. anyway, about the lhe hands you posted. two main themes1) think about their whole range and try to get as much value as you can from it. imo you missed two turn raises.2) do not call raises with kq, jq, jt, aj, at, aj, kt, all off suit, etc.... however, first in you can raise with those hands and you can raise a bunch of limpers with those hands. the first thing is not such a big deal if you are playing against people who suck. the second will kill you no mater how badly they suck.

ok, thanks for the advice :club: I always have issues with letting my blinds go, but being dominated with those type of hands makes sense to me so I will def. be making an effort to correct the leak. What range do you have for defending blinds in LH? I know it prob depends on a few diferent things but could you elaborate?

ok, thanks for the advice :club: I always have issues with letting my blinds go, but being dominated with those type of hands makes sense to me so I will def. be making an effort to correct the leak. What range do you have for defending blinds in LH? I know it prob depends on a few diferent things but could you elaborate?
for defending blinds you really are looking for hands that can win in a showdown without improvement. after that you are looking for hands with visibility so you can make bets and raises for value. 22 can win in a showdown, but its hard to get a raise in with it on a BB street unless you flop a set. playing live you probably will not have to worry about defending your blinds.