Vt For Online Play

Hi,Has anyone used PokerVT and found an improvement to their online play?The small ball videos are priceless - but would this work in online rooms and not live games.thanks,Matt

For tournaments?The scope to use smallball online is less as the levels progress faster and the chip stacks are typically smaller

Hi,Has anyone used PokerVT and found an improvement to their online play?The small ball videos are priceless - but would this work in online rooms and not live games.thanks,Matt
Matt, I know we talked about live play on my thread but I want to say that I have tried over and over to use SB online and I have had very little success. and I do mean VERY little success. I suck! Daniel has an entire section devoted to online SB play. It has $10 heads up and larger cash games that I am no where near ready to try. Maybe they'll have the guys do a step by step where, what, when and why for small stakes cash games and small tournaments using SB for guys like us. Good luck Matt!
Matt, I know we talked about live play on my thread but I want to say that I have tried over and over to use SB online and I have had very little success. and I do mean VERY little success. I suck! Daniel has an entire section devoted to online SB play. It has $10 heads up and larger cash games that I am no where near ready to try. Maybe they'll have the guys do a step by step where, what, when and why for small stakes cash games and small tournaments using SB for guys like us. Good luck Matt!
If your table selection is good...ie you seek out loose/passive tables, you probably are incorporating small ball into your game far more than you realize, even at low limits. The natural "style" of a loose/passive player is very closely aligned with small ball pre-flop, and when you go with the flow of the table you are playing small ball pre-flop. The reason they are the most profitable opponents is not only do they allow you to small ball preflop, but when they hit their hands they dont punish you, but when you hit your hand they pay you off.Of course, deep stacks are still needed, and for that reason tables with 50bb minimum buy ins are much more amenable to small ball then tables where short stackers are buying in for 20bb.
If your table selection is good...ie you seek out loose/passive tables, you probably are incorporating small ball into your game far more than you realize, even at low limits. The natural "style" of a loose/passive player is very closely aligned with small ball pre-flop, and when you go with the flow of the table you are playing small ball pre-flop. The reason they are the most profitable opponents is not only do they allow you to small ball preflop, but when they hit their hands they dont punish you, but when you hit your hand they pay you off.Of course, deep stacks are still needed, and for that reason tables with 50bb minimum buy ins are much more amenable to small ball then tables where short stackers are buying in for 20bb.
You have said something that I have been a total idiot for not observing. Since I am very, very new to online play I have not even paid attention to the avg pot and such that is on the site. If I would simply choose the tables with small avg pots I would have a greater deal of success. I do this when I play the few cash games I play in so why hasn't it hit this wasted mind to do that online! That's a good point that needs to be made for the online guys to teach table selection, hands. position..... all of it. Thanks copernicus! Great post.
You have said something that I have been a total idiot for not observing. Since I am very, very new to online play I have not even paid attention to the avg pot and such that is on the site. If I would simply choose the tables with small avg pots I would have a greater deal of success. I do this when I play the few cash games I play in so why hasn't it hit this wasted mind to do that online! That's a good point that needs to be made for the online guys to teach table selection, hands. position..... all of it. Thanks copernicus! Great post.
Actually you want tables with large average players/flop AND LARGE average pots, not small. What that combination indicates (obv youll have to verify from actual play, the stats could have been skewed by a couple of monster pots) is a loose table where at least a couple of players are willing to put in big money. Lots of players PF means loose/passive pre flop, since even at loose/aggressive tables the raising limits the number of players.

Thanks for the response,After speaking to a few people, and some good advice from 1 person on these forums in particalar, I've put PokerVT on hold, although I want to learn about tournaments and live play, my immediate aim is online ring games. I've only been playing for a week, and it was reccomended to me that I sign up for Deuces Cracked - which seems like it has all of the information that I need to make some money online.When I've got to the stage I want to be at for online play, I'll probably get PokerVT as well just to learn about tournament play/small ball tactics.Matt

Thanks for the response,After speaking to a few people, and some good advice from 1 person on these forums in particalar, I've put PokerVT on hold, although I want to learn about tournaments and live play, my immediate aim is online ring games. I've only been playing for a week, and it was reccomended to me that I sign up for Deuces Cracked - which seems like it has all of the information that I need to make some money online.When I've got to the stage I want to be at for online play, I'll probably get PokerVT as well just to learn about tournament play/small ball tactics.Matt
Matt Just to let you know , I had some improvement in my online games and my live cash games using the small ball approach from poker Vt actually doing much better in live cash games. it's a great program once you navigate around it.
Paul, I don't think they will ever do mirco / small limits on PokerVT.DN has a course in "Q&A" with DN that is titled, "If you sat down in a low limit no limit cash game, how would you play against a bunch of amatuers that call everything to turn a profit".Check that out and you will have all you know to play the Micro / Small.
Paul, I don't think they will ever do mirco / small limits on PokerVT.DN has a course in "Q&A" with DN that is titled, "If you sat down in a low limit no limit cash game, how would you play against a bunch of amatuers that call everything to turn a profit".Check that out and you will have all you know to play the Micro / Small.
I'm more into 2-5 nl or 10-20 limit the few times that I go to live cash games. It's not exactly micro but it's definately not 100-200. I'm just trying to tell Matt that it's a lot tougher to play SB on the smaller games, especially small games online. It's kinda like when you are in a tournament that starts with 5-10. They won't lay down for 25 but when it gets to 100-200 and you put 500, they have to think about it. The videos of Alex and Paul are small stakes but not SB, as far as I can tell. I just think that most of the guys that are signing up for this are small stakes players. If you can't use SB on 1-2, which is what guys like Matt are probably playing, then we need to get some instruction on a step by step, how to play it. I don't think I'll ever be the guy that can sit down online and make a fortune, but that's just me.
I don't think I'll ever be the guy that can sit down online and make a fortune, but that's just me.
I doubt that's true mate - just like your tourney game it just takes hard work, if I can turn my game around, i'm sure you can too