The Old Qq In A 3 Bet Pot Bit

QFT, never ever raise that flop without the intention of getting it in. Raise folding is the worst line you can take.Ewww, I actually got angry at that post desmoines, please tell me it was a level.For the hand, I like a 4 bet pf against a habitual 3 bettor, even if you get a fold, maybe it will slow him down. On flop I probably raise call a shove, calling is ok.Turn is gross, need to be playing to make a decision as I would want a read, and your one line isn't enough for me. But calling is not horrible because you've said you've seen him barrell multiple streets.River is really really interesting. You really need to know what level villain is on to get the right move, because he is repping a really narrow range if he's competent, that is, JJ or the nut flush. If villain is good his range widens to include AA and AK. But it's still a really narrow range that he is betting for value on the river. I'm tempted to call this river as played, but I'm very likely wrong.Very interesting hand, nice post.EDIT: after seeing the stove results, I like a raise on the flop even more.
This is exactly what i was thinking, and I was not sure he was good enough to push AA or AK here. I timebanked for some time, but the river shove looked too bluffy to me. Meh Im a calling station so i called.He had Ad Ts
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is exactly what i was thinking, and I was not sure he was good enough to push AA or AK here. I timebanked for some time, but the river shove looked too bluffy to me. Meh Im a calling station so i called.He had Ad Ts
POW Hi Five!
QFT, never ever raise that flop without the intention of getting it in. Raise folding is the worst line you can take.Ewww, I actually got angry at that post desmoines, please tell me it was a level.For the hand, I like a 4 bet pf against a habitual 3 bettor, even if you get a fold, maybe it will slow him down. On flop I probably raise call a shove, calling is ok.Turn is gross, need to be playing to make a decision as I would want a read, and your one line isn't enough for me. But calling is not horrible because you've said you've seen him barrell multiple streets.River is really really interesting. You really need to know what level villain is on to get the right move, because he is repping a really narrow range if he's competent, that is, JJ or the nut flush. If villain is good his range widens to include AA and AK. But it's still a really narrow range that he is betting for value on the river. I'm tempted to call this river as played, but I'm very likely wrong.Very interesting hand, nice post.EDIT: after seeing the stove results, I like a raise on the flop even more.
This really didnt get enough love. This is a great thought process. On the river when he shoves he is repping like 5 hands JJ, ATcc+ and thats it. What other hands push for value here? I think most Kx and even AK here c/c, so does AA. So since his hand range is sooo narrow and its a perfect card to bluff shove I think we have to call after the way we played this hand.The villains though process to me in the hand is as followed:Flop: Oh a paired board I have to c-bet this cause this doesnt hit his range very often.Turn: Hmm he only called so he is floating me light or has a K lets see if I can take this away for cheap without committing my self here.River: Bah he seem so weak just calling both streets, he cant have a K cause he would have raise the turn. I have to shove to win and theres no way he can unless he has the nut flush or a full. <shoves>
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm really glad I read this, Drew sucks at story telling so I couldn't fully grasp the hand when he told it to me. Against a villain like that I don't see how you fold the river. He is nitty but doesn't know how to let a hand go as Drew said he bet every street without getting to show down and why should he stop now if it keeps working. He has developed a table image that says "if you don't have the nuts you don't have the balls to call me." Plus I've taken the line of the villain many times and Drew has the villains thought process exactly street by street. I would add more but I'm afraid I'll level myself till my head explodes.

Did anyone notice the flop call, turn call line cost just as much as the raise / fold line on the flop? And we ended up in a worse spot on the river than we had on the flop .. considering calling a shove on a suited, paired board with pressure holding QQ.
What calls us when we raise the flop? It's basically raising for info which is a no-no.