• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that he's anywhere near a true pro's level, but I did hear that Affleck is actually a pretty decent player.  Definitely better than anyone on Celebrity Poker, aside from Gordon.  haha450-1 is pretty freakin' outrageous.  Do they assume he's going to charm people into letting him win?  Or maybe they figure that while his career is beginning to dive and he lost J.Lo., he's bound for some incredible luck?
I saw Spiderman made it to the final table of a big event....I have never seen Affleck do anything
Not that he's anywhere near a true pro's level, but I did hear that Affleck is actually a pretty decent player.  Definitely better than anyone on Celebrity Poker, aside from Gordon.  haha450-1 is pretty freakin' outrageous.  Do they assume he's going to charm people into letting him win?  Or maybe they figure that while his career is beginning to dive and he lost J.Lo., he's bound for some incredible luck?
I saw Spiderman made it to the final table of a big event....I have never seen Affleck do anything
Affleck's record's actually a little more impressive. He won a pretty decent sized tournament in California, actually. Ice

is that lots of woman and closeted guys are betting on him, and they adjusted the odds LOL the idea that afflack has a better shot to win than anyone on that list is laughable... he's odds or winning are more like 30000 to 1

GO PHIL!Do you think Ivey will win a braclet this year at the WSOP?
I think he'll probably win at least 2.
whoa thats pretty bold but hope you're right that would make 6 braclets at that age is godly
GO PHIL!Do you think Ivey will win a braclet this year at the WSOP?
I think he'll probably win at least 2.
whoa thats pretty bold but hope you're right that would make 6 braclets at that age is godly
Well, considering he has made the last 4 final tables of major buy in events, i'm not so sure its that bold. He has clearly refocused his energy on tourneys recently after playing side games for the past few years.
Well, considering he has made the last 4 final tables of major buy in events, i'm not so sure its that bold.  He has clearly refocused his energy on tourneys recently after playing side games for the past few years.
last.....4.....final....tables...of ..major events.... :shock:

Check out this sick beat Phil put on Van Alstyne...Phil Ivey takes out James Van AlstyneJames Van Alstyne goes home in 3rd place tonight with $164,350 after being taken out by Phil Ivey.All three players were in the pot for the large blind bet. The flop came 8sTcAd. Van Alstyne bet $15,000 on the flop. Ivey raised the bet to $65,000. Van Alstyne re-raised to all in and was called by Ivey. Van Alstyne turned over two pair T's and 8's. Ivey turned over one pair of A's with a 5 kicker. The turn came 2s and the river 2c gave Phil Ivey the winning hand. :evil:

Hand 279 - Ivey has the button, he limps, Lisandro raises $30,000 more, and Ivey calls. The flop comes 5c-3s-2s, and both players check. The turn card is the 10h, Lisandro bets $70,000, and Ivey calls. The river card is the Qc, and Lisandro studies the board for a while before betting $150,000. Ivey looks at the board, then at Lisandro, then he says, "I'm all in." The crowd rises in anticipation, wondering if this could be the last hand. Lisandro takes his time before calling. Lisandro shows Jc-10d for a pair of tens, and Ivey shows 9d-2d for a pair of twos. Phil Ivey has been eliminated in second place, earning $299,360.Jeff Lisandro wins the World Series of Poker Circuit Event at Harvey's Lake Tahoe, winning $542,360 and a gold-and-diamond ring.Ivey for Carplayer Magazine ;"There are certain technical skills that you need to play poker. You have to know that certain plays are losing plays and others are winning plays. You have to know there are some hands that you automatically fold. You don’t need to play a nine-deuce from up front."I know it was HeadsUp and its diff. but still very weak hand to decide a TOURNAMENT with!!I dont like this secision at ALLLLLL!! Ivey , Ivey ........!

Reading this thread makes me sick, I don't think any of you have any idea how good most of the top players are at all unless you play with them. "He is definitely best in world by miles"How can any of you say this ?

Reading this thread makes me sick, I don't think any of you have any idea how good most of the top players are at all unless you play with them.  "He is definitely best in world by miles"How can any of you say this ?
Because 95% of the Pros say so, u moron !!He is right now the best Pokerplayer out there!