Getting Maximum Value

Full Tilt Poker Pot-Limit , $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter, Courtesy of PokerZion.comSB ($16.65)BB ($25.35)UTG ($8.45)MP ($25)Hero ($41.60)Preflop: Hero is Button with 7s, 8s, Kd, 4s. 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.85, SB calls $0.75, BB raises to $3.4, Hero calls $2.55, SB folds.Flop: ($7.65) 4c, 4h, 7h (2 players)BB bets $3.8, Hero ??????????????????????????????????I obviously flopped gin here and am unsure how to extract maximum value. I've been playing fairly loose aggressive from the button. Villain plays very straight forward and is obviously representing Aces or possibly kings. Should I smooth call and hope he bets again on the turn or make a pot size raise?

I would probably not open this hand, even from the button. Maybe if my King were suited... As for how you played it. If you want to raise this from the button I guess you should be calling the 3 bet from the BB.On the flop I would just go ahead and raise the pot. I don't like slowplaying underfulls on the flop. Also since you have been playing aggressively, might as well stick with the same formula when you do hit big.

meservery pretty much nailed it. I fold it preflop. Calling the 3bet is iffy as well - you're playing it only for low straight value and positional considerations at that point. Once you hit that flop, I raise, but less than full pot. I usually try to click the slider over around 75-80% of pot - probably to about $11 - 12 here and obv calling off the stack if he shoves.

Never call this raise from the button? Even if you're %100 sure he's repping aces?
If you want to raise this from the button I guess you should be calling the 3 bet from the BB.
Can we ever be 100% sure?But yeah, if he'll go broke with an overpair when you flop 2 pair and ur willing to get it in on that type of flop...
Does anyone think about flatting the flop and potting turn?
I do unless I have specific notes on villain that says they will go broke with overpair/flush draws on scary flops. The only thing that will raise this flop at 25 is a xxx4 or xx77. Only the loosest of the loose will raise it with the nut FD. I don't see a reason to raise this flop in position. Valuetown him the rest of the way if he checks turn.
  • 1 month later...