My Card Collection

Where would someone go to do this?I'm assuming that, were it to be authenticated, we'd be looking at a value of a few hundred? Ish?
Authentication for a book like this, I would recommend:http://www.spenceloa.com/However it can get pricey to do this.Best guess on this with authentication is $500-$750. Damn I feel like I am on Storage Wars.
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have day 1 complete at the Expo.   It was a very uneventful day since the turnout was low. I believe that the fight between 2 guys in the industry is going to get nasty and another show is going

Otto and I enjoy it. We spend the whole weekend together and have a blast. We don't make a lot of money from it. We only do it for the love of the hobby   Because of doing this we have met a lot

The show I think was a success. We had a regular win the signed derozan jersey. Thank god he won since 3 guys I have never seen came in at the last second. When the draw was over they left. Peopl

You could also contact Upper Deck and see if they'd be interested in buying it. It's definitely something they would consider cutting up for hockey cards.

Its worth something to someone for sure..If it was something similar from the 80s, I seriously be interested in buying it. My childhood memories are filled with those guys..Add a Ballard, King Clancy and John Brophy signature I would be all over something like that..Probably spend a few hundred at least.However I have no connection to the 60s..I would think there is a market though.

Its worth something to someone for sure..If it was something similar from the 80s, I seriously be interested in buying it. My childhood memories are filled with those guys..Add a Ballard, King Clancy and John Brophy signature I would be all over something like that..Probably spend a few hundred at least.However I have no connection to the 60s..I would think there is a market though.
Yeah, I almost want her to just put it up on eBay as is, and offer a refund if someone tries to get it authenticated and it comes back. More likely to sell directly to a collector that way, without giving up a huge percentage for certification fees and to a dealer for their cut.She's confirmed it has 20 signatures, and can make out Horton, Keon, Armstrong and Imlach.
Yeah, I almost want her to just put it up on eBay as is, and offer a refund if someone tries to get it authenticated and it comes back. More likely to sell directly to a collector that way, without giving up a huge percentage for certification fees and to a dealer for their cut.She's confirmed it has 20 signatures, and can make out Horton, Keon, Armstrong and Imlach.
It can be listed on ebay in a way that lets people make an offer on it. Just list it at a high Buy It Now price and let people make offers. There is no obligation to accept any offer and this will give you some idea as to what it might fetch on ebay.
Without authentication. I am guessing maybe $100-$200 at best.
Without authentication. I am guessing maybe $100-$200 at best.
I think you underestimate the power of the Kool-Aid passion.Depending on condition of autos that Tim Horton sig alone might fetch $100+.
I think you underestimate the power of the Kool-Aid passion.Depending on condition of autos that Tim Horton sig alone might fetch $100+.
Actually very true. Tim Horton's auto can fetch some big coin.

Tim Horton is a special case..There are millions and millions of people out there that go to Tim Horton's everyday and never know that he was a Toronto Maple Leaf.

It can be listed on ebay in a way that lets people make an offer on it. Just list it at a high Buy It Now price and let people make offers. There is no obligation to accept any offer and this will give you some idea as to what it might fetch on ebay.
Good to know - I haven't used eBay forever. That was actually my suggestion to her, since an eBay listing can give you a good idea, and only costs a few bucks if you don't sell.Authentication sounds somewhat expensive, though might be worth it for her to save a few bucks, and just have Horton, Armstrong and a few others verified. I was hoping there was a store in Toronto where she'd be able to take it in and have it verified there.
  • 5 weeks later...
If anyone is in the area on Jan 7th, please please please come by the 1st GTA Saturday Cardshow:http://www.facebook.com/pages/GTA-Saturday...105563239559302I am co promoting this with a fellow vendor and it is our 1st show ever. Tables are fully booked but I am having nightmares of no customers coming out.
i will try and drop byEDIT:After checking address, more likely ill be there..If it was west end, chances drop
i will try and drop byEDIT:After checking address, more likely ill be there..If it was west end, chances drop
Come it is right off the 401 and Vic Park.Bring the whole hockey team.
If anyone is in the area on Jan 7th, please please please come by the 1st GTA Saturday Cardshow:http://www.facebook.com/pages/GTA-Saturday...105563239559302I am co promoting this with a fellow vendor and it is our 1st show ever. Tables are fully booked but I am having nightmares of no customers coming out.
Gonna try to come by. Also sent it to a couple of friends of mine who are "buyers" in this hobby, and a couple of whom who buy for their kids.Doesnt hurt that Johnny's is around the corner, and Ill be able to get a burger with my kid once Im done. Trying to give my kid and I extra incentive to be there. :club:

funny its right beside the Armenian Community Center. I use to do shows there when it was called The Viscount Hotel I think it was every wednesday. Good Luck, weather looks decent on the weekend so you won't have to worry about storms discouraging potential visitors.

funny its right beside the Armenian Community Center. I use to do shows there when it was called The Viscount Hotel I think it was every wednesday. Good Luck, weather looks decent on the weekend so you won't have to worry about storms discouraging potential visitors.
Gonna try to come by. Also sent it to a couple of friends of mine who are "buyers" in this hobby, and a couple of whom who buy for their kids.Doesnt hurt that Johnny's is around the corner, and Ill be able to get a burger with my kid once Im done. Trying to give my kid and I extra incentive to be there. :club:
Thanks for the support. Arp, come on out and I will rig it that you win one of the door prizes.
I might join you at Johnnys..I havent had one in a while..

Just got back from Wayne's show..It was fun, hadnt been to a show in a whileWe ended up winning a door prize..Box of O Canada cards...Olympic theme cards from 3 or 4 years ago..We just opened them all and we got three special cards.Joe Sakic game used jersey cardTessa Bonhomme Game Used Jersey cardGillian Apps autograph.Cool stuff

whos tessa bonhomme? she sounds hot. u got any picks?gillian appes doesnt sound hot. she sounds like a tom boy.
She's from Sudbury.You're welcome.