The Official Asdfjkl; Thread (08/09 Fchl Champion)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Are you tired of the silly same old excuses and horrible results?"[insert picture of the Lost Cause]"Are you tired of poorly run governments....eeeeek I mean fantasy hockey teams?"[insert picture of Halifax Money Shots]"Are you tired of the same old politics that just don't work in today's society.... I mean fantasy hockey leagues?"[insert picture of Hartford Whalers]"Well now you have a choice, on October 10th, when it's time to make a decision on which team to support, vote for the asdfjkl; Yes we can!!!!!"I'm Ottawa Biatch and I approve of this message.

The asdfjkl; will likely be calling up a farm prospect within the next few days. The rest of the FCHL have absolutely no idea who it is. Be afraid. Very afraid.
*cough* Marc Staal *cough* *cough*

The asdfjkl; were actually going to call up Antti Pihlstrom. It hasn't been made official yet, but it looks as though he is going to be the final cut by 2pm on Wednesday. Sad news the asdfjkl;

Pihlstrom still on the bubble. The Preds cut Josh Gratton and have two more cuts to make. On the bubble are Hornqist, Jones, Pihlstrom, and Ward. Hornqvist is likely a lock. I hope Pihlstrom makes it, but everyone has been saying Jones likely will get the final spot :(Lisin made the team though for Phoenix which is pretty sweet. On a sad note, Pushkarev got released from Dallas, which means he is likely going to Russia :club:

The asdfjkl; obviously won our first game against the lame Tulane Flyers. Tonight is a tougher test against the Whalers. Line-ups for tonight.Hartford Whalers Patrick Marleau Jason SpezzaKeith TkachukAlex Kovalev Markus Naslund Vincent Lecavalier Brian RafalskiDan HamhuisMathieu SchneiderJay Bouwmeester San Jose Sharksasdfjkl;Sidney CrosbyMarian HossaRick NashOlli JokinenAnze KopitarJonathan CheechooAnton BabchukBruno GervaisKeith BallardJohnny OduyaNew York Islanders

• 2 weeks later...

Weekly updates:Since the start of the year. the asdfjkl; have made a few pickups and promotions.Adds:Tyler Kennedy - Pittsburgh ($1.00)Mike Komisarek - Montreal ($0.25)Kyle Quincy - Los Angeles Kings ($1.00)Marc Staal - New York ($1.00) [ promoted from farm ]The team started off the year 1-2, but has won 3 in a row against 3 of the tougher teams in the FCHL, and is now at 4-2. The standings looks like this:Division SupremeBroadway 4-1-1 Altona Maroons 4-1-1 asdfjkl; 4-2-0Royal Oak Fearsome Beavers 3-3-0 BlackDevilHawks 0-6-0 Tugnutt DivisionTulane Flyers 4-2-0 The Injured Reserve 3-3-0 Halifax Moneyshots 3-3-0 Kansas City Reserves 1-4-0 Blindsides 1-5-0 Gilmour DivisionShaftsbury Wheat Ales 3-2-0 Ottawa Limidonks 3-2-0 Newmarket Hurricanes 3-2-0 Lost Cause 3-2-0 Whalers 2-3-0 The asdfjkl; are really starting to get it together as Crosby is back into a groove, Semin is one of the league leaders, and Cheechoo is resurrecting his career.

The team started off the year 1-2, but has won 3 in a row against 3 of the tougher teams in the FCHL, and is now at 4-2.
wait wait wait... you beat me just a night or two ago... you're not actually including me in the "three in a row" figure, are you?
  • 2 weeks later...

The asdfjkl; have an off night tonight and a much needed break after 2 heart-breaking high scoring affair losses with the Limidonks and Alberta Maroons. The asdfjkl; have a record of 6-5, but just have been unlucky with their opponents. They are the 3rd highest scoring team in the FCHL right now. Current standings at the moment. Division SupremeAltona Maroons 8-2-1 Broadway 7-3-1 asdfjkl; 6-5-0 Royal Oak Fearsome Beavers 5-5-0 BlackDevilHawks 2-9-0 Tugnutt DivisionThe Injured Reserve 5-4-1 Tulane Flyers 5-5-0 Blindsides 4-6-0 Halifax Moneyshots 4-6-0 Kansas City Reserves 1-8-1Gilmour DivisionWhalers 7-3-0 Shaftsbury Wheat Ales 6-4-0 Ottawa Limidonks 5-5-0 Lost Cause 5-5-0 Newmarket Hurricanes 5-5-0

• 2 weeks later...

The recent points per game average show that the asdfjkl; are 2nd highest in the entire league. 1. Hurricanes - 49 ............(3.26/per game).........3rd last week 2. asdfjkl; - 50.5 .............(3.16/per game).........4th 3. Broadway - 50 ..........(3.13/per game).........2nd 4. Maroons - 49 ............(3.06/per game) ........ 1st 5. Lost Cause - 44.5 ............(2.97/per game).........5th 6. Whalers - 43.5 ................(2.9/per game).........6th 7. Wheat Ales - 46 .........(2.88/per game).........7th 8. Blindsides - 35.5 ...........(2.22/per game).........8th 9. Moneyshots -29.5 ............(1.84/per game).........9th 10. Donks - 26 ............. (1.73/per game)..........11th 11. IR - 27.5 ................. (1.72/per game)..........12th 12. Flyers - 25 ............... (1.67/per game)..........10th 13. Beavers - 21.............. (1.31/per game)..........13th 14. BDH- 14 ................... (.88/per game)............14th 15. KCR - 7 ....................(.44/per game).........15thUnfortunately, luck has not yet been on their side as they are only 9-7, and in 7th spot in the league, and 3rd in their division. The owner of the asdfjkl; has decided to give up on drinking for this week so that he can focus on getting the team back on track. The schedule for the next 4 games look like this.Nov 12 - against The Halifax MoneyshotsNov 13 - against The Tulane FlyersNov 14 - against the Royal Oak Fearsome BeaversNov 15 - against the BlindsidesAll four games are on the road, but the asdfjkl; still believe in themselves. This is where change can happen believes the Biatch from Ottawa. After the next 4 games, our goal is to move up 3 spots into atleast 4th place. Yes we can, yes we can!!!

The asdfjkl; would just like to say that the team is undefeated when the owner no longer drinks and is sober. Although this sacrifices his facebook social status, since he rarely will be tagged in any photos now, it is for the better of the team. Everyone has to make sacrifices. Onto tommorow and the Tulane Flyers

Line-up change for tommorow as well. Olli Jokinen I have decided to bench (against Minnesota) in favour of the hot Mikhail Grabovski (against Edmonton). Our lineup looks like for tommorow:Sidney Crosby Mikhail Grabovski Marian Hossa Alex Tanguay Anze Kopitar Daniel Alfredsson Michael Komisarek Bruno Gervais Kyle Quincey Marek Zidlicky New York Islanders GoaltendingThe Tulane Flyers line up is: Jarret Stoll 0 Jeff Carter 0 Ruslan Fedotenko 0 Michal Handzus 0 Owen Nolan 0 Saku Koivu 0 Philippe Boucher 0 Sergei Zubov 0 Kimmo Timonen 0 Roman Hamrlik Montreal Goaltending

The asdfjkl; can only get stronger with Mustang support. Grabovski will be huge tonight. The Tulane Flyers have no chance if Grabovski can go beserk like usual.
fwiw I offered the same gift of bertuzzi to mike yesterday and he turned me down flat. can't say I didn't try to make it harder for ya...
Did he send you another crazy counter trade back? lol
no, I just told him that bert would have a no trade clause but would be basically entirely free... that was the end of the discussion. I kinda wanted to just make him admit that he's doing everything possible to lose, which is becoming more and more obvious.he had vyborny playing against nell, btw...