Sunday 100k...bubble With Aks

I can't pull up the hand history since it wasn't on my account but basically here's the details...Sunday 100k, 3600ish get paid, 3900 left, Blinds 500/1000 with whatever the ante was (100?)I'm on the button with 22k, BB has 50k. I've seen the BB defend his blind often and make a few preflop re-raises, the only re-raise that got shown down was AJ.Folded around to me, I raise to 4k with AK hearts, SB fold, BB re-raises to 10k.What do I do here? I assumed the point was to accumulate as many chips as possible at this point in the tournament to make a decent run deep into the money. My internal argument for folding was that I would be left with 18k (which was just above average) and wouldn't be crippled by the 4k loss. If I won the pot though, I'd be in the top 200 with a 45k stack and a threat to go deep.Any thoughts?

Your were correct to raise with AK on the button but when a tight player in early position reraises you, you have to be able to fold. He/she could have JJ, QQ, KK, or AA. If you hit on the flop, its very possible that your opponent just hit a set and you end up on the rail. Best case scenario you are in a race and thats not what you want to put your tournament life on. You made the right decision. Good players lay down AK. Hope this helps.

Your were correct to raise with AK on the button but when a tight player in early position reraises you, you have to be able to fold. He/she could have JJ, QQ, KK, or AA. If you hit on the flop, its very possible that your opponent just hit a set and you end up on the rail. Best case scenario you are in a race and thats not what you want to put your tournament life on. You made the right decision. Good players lay down AK. Hope this helps.
This is not a "tight player in early position", this is a BB defending against a button raise and his range is known from prior plays to include AJ. There is no way folding is a good play here. Youre a 55:45 favorite against TT+,AJ+.

I figured shoving was the right play here. It seemed like such an easy decision, until the BB turned over aces and I'm out on the bubble. I just wanted to see what you guys had to say about it. Thanks for the input.

Extremely unlikely that you will be up against AA.Chances you get AA: 220 to 1Chances your opponent gets AA on the BB when you are dealt AK: Waaaaaaaay slim.You did the right thing. It's decisions, not results...(lol)

the only thing that would scare is his small reraise.. usually if a biggerstacks reraises a smaller stack he will try to bully him off the pot. most of the times if he tries to comit u to the pot like that he has aces or kings and wants ur action for sure.still almost impossible laydown though.. ??any thoughts?

Yeh this is really horrible advice sorry, 'good players lay down AK' is just a really retarded blanket statement to end all blanket statements.
I figured shoving was the right play here. It seemed like such an easy decision, until the BB turned over aces and I'm out on the bubble. I just wanted to see what you guys had to say about it. Thanks for the input.
Eugh that's pretty brutal, but shoving is 100% the right play there, just really sucks that he he had the one hand in his range that has you soul crushed.

I like how my advice was considered bad by some idiots. When I replied, Jesse had not said that his opponent had AA. And if you read my reply I said a tight player who raises from the blinds obviously has a huge hand or is trying to take down the pot with a move. I play poker for a living and do very well for myself but when you take afvice from idiots you end up on the rail. Sheiky and Copernicus if you think that my advice was horrible advice, than you obviously are a losing poker player and your welcome to come play with me at my card club anytime and anyday.

I like how my advice was considered bad by some idiots. When I replied, Jesse had not said that his opponent had AA. And if you read my reply I said a tight player who raises from the blinds obviously has a huge hand or is trying to take down the pot with a move. I play poker for a living and do very well for myself but when you take afvice from idiots you end up on the rail. Sheiky and Copernicus if you think that my advice was horrible advice, than you obviously are a losing poker player and your welcome to come play with me at my card club anytime and anyday.
Bad decisions are bad decisions, whatever the results. You cant possibly put him solely on big hands here. If your advice were from a cash game perspective then it has some merit. In a tourney its awful, and you arent winning very many.
wow...why don't you go head and sit the next couple of plays out tiger?
You play live poker? Why am I not suprised???

The advice was bad because you are calling the BB a tight player when I said he showed down AJ after reraising the same amount preflop.You made a retarded blanket statement about good players folding AK.

I strongly disagree with you. When stacks are this shallow, it's no time to lay down AK. Reraising all in is the play here, so you get all five cards to hit (that is, if you even need to hit: villain could have AQ or also have AK, maybe even KQ) and you can't get bluffed out by villain if you miss the flop. Only AA has you totally dominated, and you can't call his range that small.
Talk about results-oriented thinking. Someone else made a comment about not being surprised that you play live poker; I assume that's because live poker players have the rep (sort of the opposite of online players) of being weak-tight. (At least this is what David Sklansky says.) And your advice is the epitome of weak-tight. You can't worry about big bad aces all the time. So sometimes you get burned; but most of the time you will not be. And again, stacks are not at all deep--making this an easy shovel. (Now, if this were some kind of qualifier, where you could just back into getting the same prize as the other 3600, that would be different.)