I hit the ace, but I'm facing an all in. Too early to get involved with a marginal hand? Or am I way far ahead the majority of the time?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero (t2350)SB (t970)BB (t1010)UTG (t1710)MP (t1520)CO (t1440)Preflop: Hero is Button with Aheart.gif, Kspade.gif. UTG raises to t40, MP calls t40, 1 fold, Hero raises to t150, 2 folds, UTG calls t110, MP calls t110.Flop: (t480) Qspade.gif, Aclub.gif, 5spade.gif(3 players)UTG checks, MP bets t1370 (All-In), Hero folds, UTG folds.Final Pot: t480

If opponent has AsXs and played it this fast I'd be surprised. What if opponent bets 200, you raise right? Probably with a plan to put him all-in. All I see is that he's done it for you. Instasnapfistpumpleapdancecall.

What if opponent bets 200, you raise right? Probably with a plan to put him all-in.
I like this thought process
There is a big difference between hoping the opponent calls your all in and calling an opponents all in.
In a situation where we have him covered and we have TPTK I don't really care how the money gets in the middle as long as it does.And my point was if villain makes a more reasonable size bet, what would we do? We would raise 100% of the time, if villain were to shove we'd snap call. In this scenario the shove just came first and I am pretty happy about it.

This is one of those hands where the buy-in level becomes relevant. If this is micro stakes, people make stupid plays like this with a whole range of hands. In fact, you'll probably only see stupid moves like this at micro stakes.Before folding to such a huge overbet you have to ask yourself what range of hands he is likely to play this way. The chances of this being a hand that has you beaten here is incredibly slim because if he's holding AA, AQ, or QQ, he would be trying to extract more money rather than open-pushing 3x the pot. The minraise from UTG and flop push also makes 55 very, very unlikely. So why would a player make such a ridiculous push on the flop like this? With what kinds of hands would he minraise from UTG and then make this flop push?This is most likely a flush draw, probably something like AsJs. He's hoping to push you off your better Ace or double through if you call and he hits his nut flush.

Nobody re-raised you PF, so you're holding looks pretty good. I'd suspect a flush draw more than anything, but it's worth thinking about before you pop your chips in...

i actually think without read you are ahead and behind here 50% of the time. some players do this with something like A5,AQ,55 or something and hope you have an a, and some do it with a worse A or a flush draw. without a read on villains tendencies this is a call, because of randomness.

$20 and lower buy-in's, Instasnapfistpumpleapdancecall.>$20... I don't think I fold either. Buy-in plays a huge part in my decision here... but I just don't see how a hand that pushes here is ahead of us, why wouldn't they check/raise?