Home Game Gun Etiquette And Other Decisions

So El guapo and mhoward, do you both agree that everything that is illegal that people will do anyway, regardless of what it is, should just be made legal, since people will do it anyway?
In order for laws to be effective, they have to make sense to the people to whom they apply. I go with the philosophy that you should have unlimited individual freedom, up the point you encroach on another person's freedom. I think people in American generally agree with this (save for the extremes of both left and right). That's why people play poker and smoke pot on their own time, there's no good reason they shouldn't be able to. Also see prohibition of alcohol.Outlawing things that should be allowed creates a supply void. It usually gets filled by criminals, and I don't thing anyone will argue that there is any good part of that. Pulling back the restrictions on these things is going to have a better impact all around. Pot is a good example: selling products in a legitimate business environment provides better, safer products, generates revenue for the gov't through sales tax, and takes money out of the pockets of street dealers, which may or may not get siphoned up to the top of a larger criminal enterprise. The tax payers are also no longer footing the bill to jail people for posession of pot for personal (including medical) use.
  • Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you truly are a Psychoanalysis Professional
Of course I'm not. :club: Let me give you some insight that may or may not help.Wise & revered frog-jedi: Responsible you are not.Ego-cursed chronic masturbator: Dude! How can you say that?1? What gives you the right to judge me!!?! Look at this here - this was me acting responsible!!1! Wtf would you know?! Me and millions like me share the same view!!Wise & revered frog-jedi: <Wipes excess exclamation marks from his face and removes chronic mastubator's foot from his own mouth> Beyond you this lesson is I fear---Wise & revered frog-jedi: Repsonsible you are not.Capable & worthy gun owner: Where did I go wrong?Wise & revered frog-jedi: Mistaken I may be.
Of course I'm not. :club: Let me give you some insight that may or may not help.Wise & revered frog-jedi: Responsible you are not.Ego-cursed chronic masturbator: Dude! How can you say that?1? What gives you the right to judge me!!?! Look at this here - this was me acting responsible!!1! Wtf would you know?! Me and millions like me share the same view!!Wise & revered frog-jedi: <Wipes excess exclamation marks from his face and removes chronic mastubator's foot from his own mouth> Beyond you this lesson is I fear---Wise & revered frog-jedi: Repsonsible you are not.Capable & worthy gun owner: Where did I go wrong?Wise & revered frog-jedi: Mistaken I may be.Really Stoned Guy: Let's all smoke weed!
fyp
...and carrying a gun to a Home Game is nowhere near the most retarded idea I've had on this Forum...http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...c=95392&hl=Just thought I'd give you a real reason to ridicule me.
I think it's a very good Idea....... I'd probably watch such a channel if there were a bunch of players like this:poker_tilly.jpg
  • 3 weeks later...

have to bump this. i really shouldn't have watched this... but some shit in there reminds me why i hate gunsLINK REMOVED BY BOBNOTE:THIS IS NOT A RICKROLL. IF IT IS IM GOING TO SHIP YOU $100 ON ANY SITE. IF YOURE A FAINT HEARTED PERSON I RECOMMEND YOU TO NOT WATCH THIS! REALLY, IM SERIOUS, DONT WATCH IT! YOU WILL MOST PROBABLY HAVE NIGHTMARES! IM NOT JOKING. _DO_ _NOT_ _WATCH_ _THIS_ . THIS VIDEO WAS HORRIBLE AND MY HEART IS STILL RACING. Pot Odds RAC is right. short description: you'll see people dying.however i figured this was the right place to put it in. i saw some of the things in there and was immediately reminded of this thread. it's not related to this thread directly at all, but still, you'll see.

have to bump this. i really shouldn't have watched this... but some shit in there reminds me why i hate gunsLINK REMOVED BECAUSE I IN NO WAY WANT TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH THISNOTE: IF YOURE A FAINT HEARTED PERSON I RECOMMEND YOU TO NOT WATCH THIS! REALLY, IM SERIOUS, DONT WATCH IT! YOU WILL MOST PROBABLY HAVE NIGHTMARES! IM NOT JOKING. _DO_ _NOT_ _WATCH_ _THIS_ . THIS VIDEO WAS HORRIBLE AND MY HEART IS STILL RACING. however i figured this was the right place to put it in. i saw some of the things in there and was immediately reminded of this thread. it's not related to this thread directly at all, but still, you'll see.
Instead of making people guess if they want to watch it, how about a PG synopsis?
have to bump this. i really shouldn't have watched this... but some shit in there reminds me why i hate gunsNOTE: IF YOURE A FAINT HEARTED PERSON I RECOMMEND YOU TO NOT WATCH THIS! REALLY, IM SERIOUS, DONT WATCH IT! YOU WILL MOST PROBABLY HAVE NIGHTMARES! IM NOT JOKING. _DO_ _NOT_ _WATCH_ _THIS_ . THIS VIDEO WAS HORRIBLE AND MY HEART IS STILL RACING. however i figured this was the right place to put it in. i saw some of the things in there and was immediately reminded of this thread. it's not related to this thread directly at all, but still, you'll see.
I will not see sine you just told me not to watch it! Like I'm gonna fall for that one...
couple people get killed.
Folks.This is a Faces of Death sort of Video. It isn't a "couple people get killed" video or even some sort of anti gun thing. It is clip after clip of horrific deadly accidents, terrorist bombs, suicides, homicides caught on tape, several terrorist murders, some war footage of guys being shot, even a graphic clip of a live pig having its head cut off by someone with a chainsaw and then thrashing in a bloody mess for no other apparent reason than someone thought it would be fun to film it.For the life of me I have no idea what would compel someone to compile this video, much less post it with a soundtrack on Utube. Likewise I have no idea what would compel someone else to find it, view it, and then post a link to it on a Poker Forum even if it does have some relevance to the gun debate.

Actually, I thought quite a bit more about this, and I think I understand the point Travis was trying to make. That Violent Death is disturbing. I am guessing this thread made an impression on Travis and he associated it with violent death in general and Gun violence specifically. He is reminding us that Violent death is very disturbing.Point made.

Georgia town has mandatory gun ownership lawI've read about this before but forgotten about it.Cliff's notes.In 1982 town passes law requiring head of household to own gun and ammunition. Population increases from 5,000 to 30,000. Crime rate is consistently low.I would not be in favor of this law only because it's government mandating people do something. However, exceptions are allowed for objectors and people who can't afford to comply. Also, nobody has been convicted of breaking the law, even though estimates of gun ownership are around 50% of households right now. So, I wouldn't spend any energy trying to repeal it.I thought it was worth mentioning for the fact that it seems the whole town has seemingly defied the odds and not killed each other by way of spontaneous gun fights in the street :club:.