I've just got PT3 up and running and have put in my hand histories that i've gathered so far (just over 1000 hands)I've tightened up a little on my range in the past 2-300 hands maybe, and these are the figures:VPIP 24.2PFR 16.8W$WSF 36.67WTSD 22.5AF 2.22AFQ 42.12Attempt to Steal 34.5Fold BB to Steal 74Fold SB to Steal 81Ok, i'm a total n00b to all these kind of figs and am gonna do some reading up on it, but how's that looking? Anything I should look to change (there's some more info I can add if it'll help) Or anything I should look at in the loooooads of figures you can see! Just found out i've lost the most money on A8sAny help appreciated

(just over 1000 hands)
Not a big enough sample to provide reasonable convergence on anything but VPIP and PFR really.
W$WSF 36.67
Way too low. That needs to be at least 40. Value bet better and fire more turns.
AF 2.22
A little too low imo. Get that up a little to 3ish.
Fold BB to Steal 74
Too low. Stop playing hands OOP.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...howtopic=117977

Cheers for the input dude

Too low. Stop playing hands OOP.
Is that num a %age? So I should be folding more that 74% of my BB's?To get the AF up, is that just a case of betting more (as you said, fire more turns) - are the VPIP and PFR around ballpark?I'll have a read of the link cheers

Interesting bit in your thread that i'm working thru:

In situations where, say, you c/bet TT or A9 on a Q96cc board, don't check back on a blank turn, keep betting. This is a major leak in many players games, and it is identifiable in PT. Fire second barrels with AK on boards like 8532 when called on the flop. Identify these areas to keep up your aggression on the turn. It's more profitable to bet the turn and check the river with a weak made hand than to check the turn and call the river
I think that applies alot to me... Alot.Not found out how to chart AF by street yet but i'm wondering if it'll tell the tale

Bit of a bumpWhat stats d'you find really useful in the HUD - i've added CBet%, Folds to CBet and Calls PFR at the moment, I always like to check the Folds to Steal in SB and BB of the ppl to the left of me too.

Most important ones in rough order:VPIP - obviousPFR - obviousPostflop Aggression - Should be fairly obvious. If it's <1.5 then they are trappy/passive and call a lot. If it's >5 then they are very aggressive. They will be raising with draws, betting flops thinly, betting turns with draws, betting rivers rather than check/calling.Steal% - This is really important. If there's a guy that's 18/14 with a steal% of 35, when he raises UTG he has a very strong hand. If he had a steal% of 22 his range would be a lot wider UTG. It essentially gives an indication of how positionally aware someone is.W$WSF - If it's low, they don't value bet thin. They don't make aggressive moves postflop, they don't checkraise bluff. If they checkraise you on the turn or river they have a monster. If it's >44% they are usually fairly good postflop players. They semibluff, they bluff, they value bet thinly. It is loosely related to AF and to steal%.Fold to c/bet - More important than c/bet% because if you're playing well you should be in a position to c/bet more than them. You should be making them react to you. This stat tells you how often you can c/bet, and how thinly. If it's only 30% then you know they are calling with any pair or draw, so you can usually keep betting middle pair on a blank turn. If it's 80% then you can cover your eyes when the flop comes down and bet with anything, but when they call/raise, your JT on T52r is not going to be good very often at all.C/bet - this tells you if they are going to be firing air at you, or if they will give up a lot. If they are c/betting 40% of the time you know they have something when they bet. If it's >95% you can raise with air/gutshots/draws/etc. a fair amount of the time.The others stats are good to have, but I think these are the most important/vital ones. Oh, and obviously number of hands is good so you know how useful the other numbers are. You should be able to fit these onto any HUD layout quite easily.

Steal% - This is really important. If there's a guy that's 18/14 with a steal% of 35, when he raises UTG he has a very strong hand. If he had a steal% of 22 his range would be a lot wider UTG. It essentially gives an indication of how positionally aware someone is.
Just playing with the HUD at the mo', but can't find steal % - I guess becuase you use another prog Simo? D'you know what the PT equivalent is?
Just playing with the HUD at the mo', but can't find steal % - I guess becuase you use another prog Simo? D'you know what the PT equivalent is?
Steal% is on every HUD. Might be under "Attempt to Steal"

Bumpaments - i've got my sample range up a little, would love any comments - over the past 2000hands i've been trying to take on board what was said and am firing more turns, below are the stats as i stand now and beneath that are the original ones I posted:Hands 3250VPIP 21.85PFR 17.06W$WSF 40.81WTSD 25.4AF 2.51 3BET 4.09FOLD TO 3BET 68.18ATT TO STEAL 34.05FOLD BB STEAL 85.23FOLD SB STEAL 85.48FLOP AF 2.68TURN AF 2.25RIVER AF 2.52

VPIP 24.2PFR 16.8W$WSF 36.67WTSD 22.5AF 2.22AFQ 42.12Attempt to Steal 34.5Fold BB to Steal 74Fold SB to Steal 81
Bumpaments - i've got my sample range up a little, would love any comments - over the past 2000hands i've been trying to take on board what was said and am firing more turns, below are the stats as i stand now and beneath that are the original ones I posted:Hands 3250VPIP 21.85PFR 17.06W$WSF 40.81WTSD 25.4AF 2.51 3BET 4.09FOLD TO 3BET 68.18ATT TO STEAL 34.05FOLD BB STEAL 85.23FOLD SB STEAL 85.48FLOP AF 2.68TURN AF 2.25RIVER AF 2.52
They look pretty solid. I'd like to see the aggression factor turned up a touch, but mostly that's looking really good. A lot smoother than before.
They look pretty solid. I'd like to see the aggression factor turned up a touch, but mostly that's looking really good. A lot smoother than before.
Was hoping you'd chime in mate, ta - cool, that's good to hear they're in the right direction :club::ts Just need to keep applying it and see if I can get an upward slope now..... - first 1000hands I probably donked off a BI through tilt and another getting my feet back into cash - hope I can turn it around, my FT bonus is keeping me afloat at the moment18813175014.jpg
Was hoping you'd chime in mate, ta - cool, that's good to hear they're in the right direction :club::ts Just need to keep applying it and see if I can get an upward slope now..... - first 1000hands I probably donked off a BI through tilt and another getting my feet back into cash - hope I can turn it around, my FT bonus is keeping me afloat at the moment18813175014.jpg
Yeah, the first 1k hands are pretty bad, but since then you've been pretty steady overall. 3k hands isn't much to go on though, so just keep putting in the hands and the results will come with experience.Getting your stats right is one thing, learning to actually play good poker is another entirely. You should play the hands as best you can and let the stats sort themselves out.
Getting your stats right is one thing, learning to actually play good poker is another entirely. You should play the hands as best you can and let the stats sort themselves out.
Aye, that's why i've been sticking HH's up, to see what i'm doing wrong/right - hopefully i'll click before I go broke, lolMy AF dips a little at the turn, is that summat I should look at d'you think?
Aye, that's why i've been sticking HH's up, to see what i'm doing wrong/right - hopefully i'll click before I go broke, lolMy AF dips a little at the turn, is that summat I should look at d'you think?
Your aggression factors should drop from flop to turn to river.Something like 4/2.6/2, with like 3 overall would be good.
Can someone (simo?) tell me what Attempt to Steal measures? What is the formula?
According to PT, it's the percentage of times you open the pot preflop with a raise when folded to you in either the CO or the button.
Make more continuation bets when you are the preflop raiser.
I'll have to see if there's a stat for this somewhere but I thnk I c-bet about 70% of the time..?
I'll have to see if there's a stat for this somewhere but I thnk I c-bet about 70% of the time..?
I would think that your flop af would be higher then.