88 Facing Weird All In Action

Just a push sessionPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t2000 (5 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Button (t29369)Hero (t31985)BB (t10808)UTG (t41199)MP (t26426)Preflop: Hero is SB with 8spade.gif, 8club.gif. 2 folds, Button calls t2000, Hero raises to t6000, 1 fold, Button calls t4000.Flop: (t12800) Qheart.gif, Kspade.gif, 2diamond.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets t22000, Hero folds.Final Pot: t12800Should I have shoved PF?

Without any reads on the button, I'd just shove preflop. Your hand will most likely not improve on the flop and you're OOP for the rest of the hand and stack sizes make a CB a dicey proposition.

complete and see the flop. I think you can open raise 88, but raising a limper doesnt work well with these stacks...either you give him no brainer calling odds or you pot commit yourself. 15bb is borderline to shove with, so Id take the cheap way out with the complete.

With the BB being so short, I prefer jamming here, even though it is a little OTT.Calling is ok IMO, but I think you lose a bit of value from your hand that way as it's hard to play after the flop, especialy with these stack sizes.

Without the limp this would be a raise/fold. If you have no read on the limper then shoving to isolate is probably right, assuming hes trying to see a cheap flop. Obv if he has a history of limp/push you would fold.

Without the limp this would be a raise/fold. If you have no read on the limper then shoving to isolate is probably right, assuming hes trying to see a cheap flop. Obv if he has a history of limp/push you would fold.
Since this is a turbo and the blinds are a-comin, I would be going for a push here and inch closer to top chip position. Since it's his tourney life, he can't call here. So push and pick up the dead equity (Huge at these blind levels). He probably had a garbage king here. The second best option is Copernicus' suggestion of completing. Try to hit your set and take someone out (allow BB into the hand where he will pay you off with any connection of the flop) Maybe the board comes 247 with no flush draws and now all the sudden short-stacked BB makes a desperate push with his 4 or 7. With the K high board that came you check/fold easily and only lost 1000 chips.Either play wouldn't be bad.

yeah, like Copernicus said, the "raise the limper" doesn't rly work with these stacks. I personally like pushing here tho, as opposed to calling. It's very close, and I think it comes down to a matter of style