What Is Your Range For Defending Blinds?

Due to discussion a few of us were having earlier, how weak of hands will you defend from the blinds in a short handed PL game when facing min or 2x raises?I'm sure now that I've looked over hands I've played in I think I'm defending maybe a bit too much and costing myself a few bets. Just wondering what ranges you all might play or if you have any certain range when in this situation

this isn't holdem where you play weak hands against raises when you're in the blinds with the philosophy that you will lose less than if you hadn't played them. that said, i can imagine a game where you would have to worry about this sort of things to eek out a profit. i would not play in such a game,

So you are saying you have no range in the BB you will defend with in general? (obv there would be exceptions)I will say to a min raise I will play any four unless they are all middle cards. I know I'm not the only one who have people in l8 position raise in unopened pots with a wide range of hands so I would think you would have to defend sometimes no?

yep. i will never defend my blind to defend my blind. the blind pressure is so low compared to the mistakes people will make against you in normal hands that you definitely don't need to. and to be honest im not sure if doing so is even profitable (calling with crap like a469 or something). there is a concept that im reading about in mason malmuths poker essays where he talks about situations that are either a little profitable or very unprofitable. this to me falls into that. his example was raising ajo under the gun in lhe if that helps at all.

there is a concept that im reading about in mason malmuths poker essays where he talks about situations that are either a little profitable or very unprofitable. this to me falls into that. his example was raising ajo under the gun in lhe if that helps at all.
I agree with what anti is saying in general, especially because this is not limit hold'emanti - how do you like Poker Essays? I've read them all.