No reads on the bb.I played this differently than I normally would. Just wanted some feedback.Absolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $0.25/$0.58 playersConverterPre-flop: (8 players) Hero is Button with 2 :5c A :club: UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 3 folds, Hero raises, SB folds, BB 3-bets, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.Flop: 9 :D 6 :ts A :D (9.4SB, 3 players)BB bets, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.Turn: J :4h (6.2BB, 3 players)BB bets, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.River: 6 :D (8.2BB, 2 players)BB bets, Hero raises, BB calls.Results:Final pot: 12.2BB

I think A2o is mathematically on the very edge of the worthwhile stealing range from the button, but I'm not 100% and I would have folded it preflop.I don't think theres much value in a river raise.

Hmmmmm...I quite like it, as long as he'll keep firing, AND call a raise with KK, QQ, TT, Jx, etc.The beauty is that we literally never get 3b by a worse hand here, so it's an easy fold to a 3b.

First of all, you should never, never, never fold pre-flop to the 3-bet. Yeah, you're way behind, but the pot is 8:1 to call. So, you're committed. You've just got to hope for a flop of two-pair or three ducks or better. Pairing or tripping your Ace is not a good thing.It sounds like you were experimenting, but overplaying weak Aces will devastate you're bankroll. At this limit, the early limp is likely a weak or medium hand. So, raising late isn't hideous. However, the hand selection is. A2off is not good. If you pair the Ace, can you really be confident that you're ahead? Especially here, where you were 3-bet, and have two opponents. I would have mucked it on first sight.That being said, you should have raised the turn, and repped the flush. Just calling lets the villian have control, meaning your pair of Aces will have to hold up, to win. If you raise the turn, he'll probably call (or he won't and you win!). Now, you've taken command. Then he'll, likely, check to you on the river. Where you will fire out again, giving you a shot at winning with a fold. If he calls then you're in the same boat as they way it was played. You do not want a showdown here.

I hate every street.A2o, even in position, sucks. the best we can hope to be is 50/50 with a hand that misses most flops and we get into lots of bad situations with....like heresince we got to the flop, raise it to charge whatever UTG is coming along withby the turn, we can go wa/wb when utg folds, though BBs willingness to bet out both streets usually says were behind.the turn raise is horrible, imo, without a read that says he will call with less than we have.

That being said, you should have raised the turn, and repped the flush. Just calling lets the villian have control, meaning your pair of Aces will have to hold up, to win. If you raise the turn, he'll probably call (or he won't and you win!). You do not want a showdown here.
it's not about winning pots. it's about making the best play possible given the information.youd win the most pots by bet/raising every time it was your turn to act. but youd also go broke.if we can make him fold a better hand on the turn, then we should, but thats read dependent.if we make him fold KK on the turn, then that's bad if we could've gotten another bet or two from him.also, if he does have KK or QQ or TT, we do want to see a showdown. we've probably won an extra bet or two, we get to see what he will 3-bet preflop with, and it may give us an image we can exploit later (assuming we're not usually raising A2o).

Oh ya, I fold after a limp, but I'd raise from the button if folded to me, although I hate A2o.I should clarify what I meant earlier, about the river raise. Standard is to just call down, but against certain players I like the delayed river value raise, but it's kinda tricky to know when to do it, and I'm not even sure.

looks like I butchered it.. hah, nothing new. It could be that I'm used to raising A2 HU so this seemed like a good spot to me, but I'm lacking.Thanks guys

That being said, you should have raised the turn, and repped the flush. Just calling lets the villian have control, meaning your pair of Aces will have to hold up, to win. If you raise the turn, he'll probably call (or he won't and you win!). Now, you've taken command. Then he'll, likely, check to you on the river. Where you will fire out again, giving you a shot at winning with a fold. If he calls then you're in the same boat as they way it was played. You do not want a showdown here.
I can get behind this analysis

preflop is fine. river is close from a pure hot cold equity perspective. if i was gonna play it different i would raise the flop looking to check behind river. as is, i'm behind the river raise. it's not the way i play, but examining it, it doesn't look like a bad play from my perspective.Board: As 9s Js 6c 6d equity win tie pots won pots tied Hand 0: 42.308% 33.65% 08.65% 315 81.00 { 88+, A7s+, KJs, QJs, JTs, A8o+, KJo, QJo }Hand 1: 57.692% 49.04% 08.65% 459 81.00 { A2o }edit: just ran it through stox ev. raising the river has more positive equity than just calling assuming we fold to a 3bet and villain calls with any pair, which i think he kind of has to here.

preflop is fine. river is close from a pure hot cold equity perspective. if i was gonna play it different i would raise the flop looking to check behind river. as is, i'm behind the river raise. it's not the way i play, but examining it, it doesn't look like a bad play from my perspective.Board: As 9s Js 6c 6d equity win tie pots won pots tied Hand 0: 42.308% 33.65% 08.65% 315 81.00 { 88+, A7s+, KJs, QJs, JTs, A8o+, KJo, QJo }Hand 1: 57.692% 49.04% 08.65% 459 81.00 { A2o }edit: just ran it through stox ev. raising the river has more positive equity than just calling assuming we fold to a 3bet and villain calls with any pair, which i think he kind of has to here.
You range is too wide for a player at 25/50 cent full ring. He also is not betting all those weaker hands on the river imo.

why do people think preflop is fine?A2o is way too weak with a limper. I'd steal with it, sure.but with a hand this weak, against 2 or 3 opponents, even in position i dont like it.we miss a ton of flops and even when we hit our A we're behind a lot.

even when we hit our A we're behind a lot.
not true.(well define "a lot"What is true though, is we probably aren't winning big pots with just TP.We are susceptible to RIO with this holding.
why do people think preflop is fine?
i'll recant.i ran a few scenarios and it looks like it's a fold preflop. although, it's probably a lot closer than most of you think, and against the correct villain it's a raise.if BB hand range is too wide, it's probably not by much. and when i ran the simulator i added weight to the stronger part of the range.