Chat Does It Hurt Your Tourney Play?

I had an uber donk at my table raising almost every hand I call him out on it calling him an idiot etc etc than the guy proceeds to give me 2 bad beats either I'm thinking the site didn't like my chat or I created a bad vibe which led to my demise. So I'm considering keeping chat off in my future tournies but ironically chat has never hurt my cash game success so my question goes out does not chatting in a tourney help your play?

level?
This was a $25 mtt
level=joke
sorry Mr Baller we all can't be so rich especially with proper BR mgmt
For some reason, this makes me happy. Oh, and I final tabled another MTT tonight. Maybe THAT'S why I'm happy. I think I found a new online niche.
sorry Mr Baller we all can't be so rich especially with proper BR mgmt
lol nonono...level MEANS jokeWhen you level someone, you are playing a joke on them.He was asking if you were serious or joking...I am definitely NOT a baller!!! (well a $10 baller i guess)
yeah but you probably deserved yours
I got a warning and I was the one who reported someone...I deserve mine? pshhhAll I did was rail like a maniac...oh thats what you did too, no?
I got a warning and I was the one who reported someone...I deserve mine? pshhhAll I did was rail like a maniac...oh thats what you did too, no?
i have no idea what i did, just remember being upset about it later

well this thread went bad but I'm going to be experimenting with keeping chat off during tournies since I got to try something b/c I'm tired of grinding low limit cash games also I run so bad that I can't even add an image to this thread without it saying i have dynamic image codes :club:

well this thread went bad but I'm going to be experimenting with keeping chat off during tournies since I got to try something b/c I'm tired of grinding low limit cash games also I run so bad that I can't even add an image to this thread without it saying i have dynamic image codes :club:
OK, here is a serious answer. Nothing good really comes from talking to the bad people. As onlyme said, Dont tap the glass. I don't mind having a chat ban as now when people ask me "did you have ____ there?" and I dont answer, it frustrates them and they call me names, thus effectively tilting them in a sense.No chat FTW
when that happens, where's what you do.. right click on the image, and save it onto your harddrive. then go to www.imageshack.us and upload the image from your hard drive.. when you do that, you'll get a page full of addresses where the image is now hosted. Copy the very bottom URL, then paste it in the "insert image" thingy and viola