umm.... this is my life!

*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to g0lfa [6d 5s]dipper28: folds smooooth: folds southsidrstl: folds takeudown: folds turbodog69: folds BoardPlayer: calls 50g0lfa: raises 150 to 200Grindin: folds $commyway: calls 150BoardPlayer: calls 150*** FLOP *** [8c 6c 5c]$commyway: checks BoardPlayer: bets 800 and is all-ing0lfa: raises 585 to 1385 and is all-in$commyway: folds *** TURN *** [8c 6c 5c] [6h]*** RIVER *** [8c 6c 5c 6h] [7c]*** SHOW DOWN ***BoardPlayer: shows [9c Ts] (a straight flush, Five to Nine)g0lfa: shows [6d 5s] (a full house, Sixes full of Fives)

really loose table and sensed weakness on the button. Im tryin to pick up every bet that i can without much risk. i took a stab at the blinds with my 5 6 and hit a great flop. Normally i would hesitate calling all my chips with bottom 2 with draws out there like that, but i was nearly certain i had my player crushed, and i was right. he moved in with a gutshot and a 9 high flush draw and the rest is fcked up history

You had the advantage, 54/46.. What a terrible beat.  That's like complaining about your 88 being cracked by AK.
On the turn? Maybe you should check your calculations again, bud. A 1-outer going to the river... More like 45-1.
You had the advantage, 54/46.. What a terrible beat.  That's like complaining about your 88 being cracked by AK.
On the turn? Maybe you should check your calculations again, bud. A 1-outer going to the river... More like 45-1.
You both are calculating odds at the wrong time. The money went in on the flop, not pre-flop or on the turn. 6-5 had a 54.3% chance to win when the money went in, that's all. Not a bad beat.
You both are calculating odds at the wrong time. The money went in on the flop, not pre-flop or on the turn.
It doesn't matter. If you seal a boat on the turn, and are killed by a one-outer, it's still a bad beat. It doesn't matter when the money went in.EDIT: By your logic, if the money goes in preflop 6-6 vs 7-8, the flop comes 7-7-8 and then running sixes, this is not a bad beat because the money was in preflop. This is illogical.
You both are calculating odds at the wrong time. The money went in on the flop, not pre-flop or on the turn.
It doesn't matter. If you seal a boat on the turn, and are killed by a one-outer, it's still a bad beat. It doesn't matter when the money went in.EDIT: By your logic, if the money goes in preflop 6-6 vs 7-8, the flop comes 7-7-8 and then running sixes, this is not a bad beat because the money was in preflop. This is illogical.
That's just a matter of opinion that we differ in then. To me, you get your money in with whatever the current odds are. Those odds take care of the rest. And you are correct, if the money goes in with 6-6 against 8-7 pre-flop and the board falls in that manner, it isn't a bad beat to me. If the money goes in on the flop? Absolutely yes.
You both are calculating odds at the wrong time. The money went in on the flop, not pre-flop or on the turn. 6-5 had a 54.3% chance to win when the money went in, that's all. Not a bad beat.
I calculated it wrong? How did I get the exact same number as you then? :club: I agree with your definition of a bad beat though. What matters is the odds when you get the money in.If it's all in preflop with AA vs 23, a board of 222-A-A is NOT a bad beat.
You both are calculating odds at the wrong time.  The money went in on the flop, not pre-flop or on the turn.  6-5 had a 54.3% chance to win when the money went in, that's all.  Not a bad beat.
I calculated it wrong? How did I get the exact same number as you then? :club: I agree with your definition of a bad beat though. What matters is the odds when you get the money in.If it's all in preflop with AA vs 23, a board of 222-A-A is NOT a bad beat.
My bad, I misread your post. I thought you were calculating pre-flop odds somehow. Multi-tabling and posting simultaneously will do that I guess.