I am at 23.70% / 18.50%/ 4.21. I may be perceived to be on tilt because I have dropped two buy ins at the table. My only hand against this villain was when I had pocket 8's and he had raised pre-flop. An ace hit and he checked it to me and I fire two barrels (knowing he hated the ace) but he called me down anyways with kings.Villain is at 27.88% /5.77%/ 0.63.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)MP ($48.65)Hero ($30.10)SB ($17.70)BB ($25.45)UTG ($28.45)Preflop: Hero is Button with 6s.gif, 8s.gif. 1 fold, MP calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.2, 2 folds, MP calls $0.95.Flop: ($2.75) 5c.gif, 9h.gif, qh.gif(2 players)MP checks, Hero bets $1.75, MP calls $1.75.Turn: ($6.25) 7h.gif(2 players)MP checks, Hero bets $5, MP raises to $15, Hero can't believe that his action card had to be a effing heart and reflects on how bad he is running and thinks that his unluckiness may influence this decision in a negative way.

Insta-muck. By check-calling the flop, then check-raising when the heart comes, he's basically telling you he has a flush. You're drawing dead unless you think he's bluffing. Against a villain with an AF of 0.63, I have to say this is an insta-muck. The fact that you have the straight is irrelevant at this point. It's just a question of whether you think he's bluffing.

fold

Hero can't believe that his action card had to be a effing heart and reflects on how bad he is running and thinks that his unluckiness may influence this decision in a negative way
I think a FYP would look like this:
Hero stacks off cause he's tilted
This is not unlucky, this is a bad play. They are different.
Hero can't believe that his action card had to be a effing heart and reflects on how bad he is running and thinks that his unluckiness may influence this decision in a negative way.
The other night, a really tight passive villain turned a flush on my pair of queens and he checked. I checked behind because I knew he had a flush. The river gave me top two pair. He bet about 35% of the pot. I called because I didn't know any better because hey fookin A lookie it's top toooz I have to call at least. He flipped over a flush. Top two, good as it is, doesn't beat a flush in 2008. Or 1908. I know this. I don't know what all this means for your hand.
I think a FYP would look like this:This is not unlucky, this is a bad play. They are different.
Was referring to my unluckiness in previous hands that lead to me playing bad, not my unluckiness in this hand.
You are raising 86s on the button after someone limps? Sounds tilty to me...
If he raised 86s from the BB, I'd be more inclined to agree with you. He has position and is using it. It's the right play.
If he raised 86s from the BB, I'd be more inclined to agree with you. He has position and is using it. It's the right play.
It's better to raise from the BB. That way he knows no one has a hand that's good enough to raise and he can continuation bet first.
It's better to raise from the BB. That way he knows no one has a hand that's good enough to raise and he can continuation bet first.
Welcome to the forum.No. :)Having position is much more important than risking one of the blinds waking up with a big hand after he raises on the button.
Hi. On the internet, this leak seems huge. Live, it's a little less so. Wait. ... No, it's still huge.
Hi. On the internet, this leak seems huge. Live, it's a little less so. Wait. ... No, it's still huge.
Sklansky says to raise with crap in the blinds sometimes. Until you've written a book or at least banged Brandi, I'm going to go with his advice.

I think raising the button with 58s certainly can be tilt a sign of tilt, but you can't really tell from the hand history itself. Ask yourself why you did it. Are you hoping to hit a miracle flop and you're just trying to increase the stakes? Or is your reputation such that you can continuation bet and when a lot of times?

Sklansky says to raise with crap in the blinds sometimes. Until you've written a book or at least banged Brandi, I'm going to go with his advice.
You said: Raising from the blinds with crap is better than raising on the button with crap because you feel that if it gets to you in the BB and nobody's raised yet, nobody likely has a big hand.Sklansky says: Raise with trash from the blinds sometimes to balance ranges.The two are not equivilant.
You said: Raising from the blinds with crap is better than raising on the button with crap because you feel that if it gets to you in the BB and nobody's raised yet, nobody likely has a big hand.Sklansky says: Raise with trash from the blinds sometimes to balance ranges.The two are not equivilant.
Yeah, well screw Sklanksy then.It's about free money. If none of those bitches want the pot, then I'll take it. Free money.
Yeah, well screw Sklanksy then.It's about free money. If none of those bitches want the pot, then I'll take it. Free money.
Dude, don't know if you're drunk, high or what. But in 10 posts you've posted some of the most random babble I've ever had this misfortune to read.I don't post a lot because I don't like regurgitating advice that has been given or will be given again. You are in no danger of this whatsoever. These are just fantastic. Someone sig this latest one. I would but I'm off to bed now.