****official Chicago Cubs****

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A sweep of the Brewers would be sooooooooooo nice since I'm going Thursday and that would be the clincher.
QFT
The fat lady wearing the cheese hat is warming up...for the buffet line
FYP...You just descibed every female in Wisconsin.

Question:So I watched the end of that Brewers/Cubs game yesterday, and heard that song they play and the fans sing at the end of the games. What the hell are they singing? I hear something like 'Go Cubs go', and then the 2nd verse it's almost like all the fans are drunk (obv) and don't know the words and they kinda mumble them in unison.

Question:So I watched the end of that Brewers/Cubs game yesterday, and heard that song they play and the fans sing at the end of the games. What the hell are they singing? I hear something like 'Go Cubs go', and then the 2nd verse it's almost like all the fans are drunk (obv) and don't know the words and they kinda mumble them in unison.
That's pretty much it.The song is terrible anyway. I wouldn't worry about it. Pretty much everyone knows this much... "Go, Cubs, Goooo, Go Cubs goooo, Hey Chicago, What'ya say? The cubs are gonna win today!" That's about it.

Few pics from the game yesterday. Pic of us on the field before the game100-0002.jpgMy buddy caught a ball during batting practice100-0004.jpgThe flags with the NL standings above the scoreboard100-0005.jpgCrowd shot after Soto tied the game in the 9th with 3-run HR100-0008.jpgAfter Lee wins it in the 12th, time to break out the W's100-0011.jpg

These are the full lyrics, but the crowd usually only sings(or knows) the chorus.Baseball season’s underwayWell you better get ready for a brand new dayHey, Chicago, what do you sayThe Cubs are gonna win today.They’re singing …Go, Cubs, goGo, Cubs, goHey, Chicago, what do you sayThe Cubs are gonna win todayGo, Cubs, goGo, Cubs, goHey, Chicago, what do you sayThe Cubs are gonna win today.They got the power, they got the speedTo be the best in the National LeagueWell this is the year and the Cubs are realSo come on down to Wrigley Field.We’re singing now …Go, Cubs, goGo, Cubs, goHey, Chicago, what do you sayThe Cubs are gonna win todayGo, Cubs, goGo, Cubs, goHey, Chicago, what do you sayThe Cubs are gonna win today.Baseball time is here againYou can catch it all on WGNSo stamp your feet and clap your handsChicago Cubs got the greatest fans.You’re singing now …Go, Cubs, goGo, Cubs, goHey, Chicago, what do you sayThe Cubs are gonna win todayGo, Cubs, goGo, Cubs, goHey, Chicago, what do you sayThe Cubs are gonna win today.
These are the full lyrics, but the crowd usually only sings(or knows) the chorus.Go, Cubs, goGo, Cubs, goHey, Chicago, what do you sayThe Cubs are gonna win todayGo, Cubs, goGo, Cubs, goHey, Chicago, what do you sayThe Cubs are gonna win today.
The bolded is what I thought people were mumbling, but I did think they said something about Chicago. That song has been stuck in my head for 2 days now; we better not end up playing you first round or else I'll annoy myself with it lol.Speaking of which, _if_ the Cubs and Dodgers play, I will most likely have 2 seats available down the LF line if any Cubs fan is interested. I could probably make a lot more selling them online (or scalping them at the stadium), but I'll give FCPers first shot.That being said, it looks like the east will produce the WC, so we will most likely play the Mets if we get in.
The bolded is what I thought people were mumbling, but I did think they said something about Chicago. That song has been stuck in my head for 2 days now; we better not end up playing you first round or else I'll annoy myself with it lol.Speaking of which, _if_ the Cubs and Dodgers play, I will most likely have 2 seats available down the LF line if any Cubs fan is interested. I could probably make a lot more selling them online (or scalping them at the stadium), but I'll give FCPers first shot.That being said, it looks like the east will produce the WC, so we will most likely play the Mets if we get in.
Yeah, Milwaukee looks like melted cheese right now. We'll prob get the WC, and you guys the NL East champs.