If You Were Born In The 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s

You're full of shit.OK, but not about this. This is actually an issue I've been wrestling with for my kids. How do you teach them the value of working until every muscle aches when they have everything they need in life, including college paid for, by age 10?
Make them work for it. Seriously, that's the answer, and being cognizant of the problem is half of the battle. In some ways I think I have a bit of a lucky break- my kid is a mix of me and her mom and we are both highly intelligent. So, while she loves T.V. and video games she is also batshit crazy when she plays and loves to read and writes in a journal, all kinds of stories, very imaginative. She is 6. Compare her to her cousins, who have the same amount of babying if you will and it's just sad. They refuse to do anything but play video games, when they go play with there friends they sit on the ground outside and...play video games. They never read or write, well, except for the one who can't seem to focus on his homework and sits there and just stares at a sheet of 10 problems for an hour. He will then come up to you and try to get answers- if you ask him how to do it, he will tell you!! He just wont do it for himself. Conversation? Good luck. Articulating a thought is apparently the hardest thing imaginable. They are not retarded. They just don't want to think, and it's sad. Up and down the block, kids like that are everywhere. Great post, Governor.
Seems to be an oversimplification of complex social issues.Maybe Im just retarded.
^^^ New siggy for me...."maybe Im just retarded" Shall we vote? lol
^^^ New siggy for me...."maybe Im just retarded" Shall we vote? lol
I demand that you make a new thread, with poll, asking whether or not I am retarded. I guarentee victory. In the sense that I will get attention and touch myself to it.
Seems to be an oversimplification of complex social issues.Maybe Im just retarded.
That's just it. The issues aren't all that complex. That is the beauty of the simplicity. You actually may be retarded. I never met anyone who believed everyday was his birthday. I did date this girl once who thought everyday was her dads birthday, but she had been in an accident and had a brain disorder. Terrible ordeal involving a cow and a tree.

Kids! They are just impossible to control!Kids! With their awful clothes and their rock an' roll!Why can't they dance like we didWhat's wrong with Danny Kaye?What's the matter with kids today!

Every generation hates the one after it for some reason. The greatest fear most people have is the fear of change. It's a little sad.
Obv has no kids.
The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas. We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL! And YOU are one of them! CONGRATULATIONS!
Well we all (by "we" I mean "you") fucked up somewhere, since it's the parents' fault that the kids are all so horrible these days. So...yeah.
We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem.
Is this really something to brag about?
Is this really something to brag about?
Hell yes. It's called developing skills through trial and error. I swear next time I see my nephews cry because the t.v. isn't working right I will punch them.

OMG i can't even begin on how true this all really is. First off, i think most of this falls on the fact that parents don't have time to be parents anymore. Mainly because the cost of living forces both parents to work. With that being said, the fact that it is now illegal to spank/discipline your child creates a whole bunch of issues. I'm not advocating that people beat their children, but i got the belt when i got out of line as a child and i never did it again. I was taught respect and was disciplined was i was bad. I was never physically beaten and the only thing that ever got bruised was my ego, but the lesson was always learned. If I ever swore in front of my parents i litterally had my mouth washed out with soap, to this day i DO NOT swear in front of my father (and i'm in my mid 30s). I see a lot of teenagers on a regular basis, and they have absolutely NO respect for anybody or anything. I couldn't even imagine what a teacher goes through in a typical day. They have no authority to discipline at all anymore. When i was that age, they sent us to the principal's office, that actually meant something, especially if they called our parents. Its truly disgusting to see children now, and to think, in 30 more years, this is the generation that will be taking care of us. SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT.

I have a (nearly) six month old boy. My dad sent this to me while my wife was pregnant. It made me sad then, it makes me sad now.My wife is already eyeing fluorescent yellow reflective vests for him to wear while playing outside. sigh.
please tell me that last part is a joke. Please.
Make them work for it. Seriously, that's the answer, and being cognizant of the problem is half of the battle. In some ways I think I have a bit of a lucky break- my kid is a mix of me and her mom and we are both highly intelligent. So, while she loves T.V. and video games she is also batshit crazy when she plays and loves to read and writes in a journal, all kinds of stories, very imaginative. She is 6.
This can't be true. Don't you believe in the bible? High opinion of yourself though, that's admirable.Sorry, sometimes I can't resist.
OMG i can't even begin on how true this all really is. First off, i think most of this falls on the fact that parents don't have time to be parents anymore. Mainly because the cost of living forces both parents to work.
I don't believe that this is the case now any more than in the past.
fact4804201_fig1.gif
Inflation?