Why I Hate Preachers.

Bingo, bango, bongo- agree completely. If that is his heart. If it's not, and it's arbitrary because it's just what he was told, than I saved him quite a bit.
Certainly we agree that tithing a certain amount is no where to be found in the NT, because it's not. It doesn't even make sense that someone would think that it would be there, if they really understood what freedom in Christ is. Only crazy legalists would think that you need to tithe a certain amount. But you also must know that Jesus talked about money more than any other subject... and giving to God is definitely important. The way you are arguing against herokids crazy thinking is making it look like you don't think giving money to God is important at all.
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly we agree that tithing a certain amount is no where to be found in the NT, because it's not. It doesn't even make sense that someone would think that it would be there, if they really understood what freedom in Christ is. Only crazy legalists would think that you need to tithe a certain amount. But you also must know that Jesus talked about money more than any other subject... and giving to God is definitely important. The way you are arguing against herokids crazy thinking is making it look like you don't think giving money to God is important at all.
Not at all. It's important. If you read the posts, he kept hammering on that 10%, even going so far as to work the angle of "If you don't trust the church then you should give 10% to your favorite charity." Giving is definitely important, even better I would call it a privilege, because you are giving to your brothers and sisters in christ more often than not.
Not at all. It's important. If you read the posts, he kept hammering on that 10%, even going so far as to work the angle of "If you don't trust the church then you should give 10% to your favorite charity." Giving is definitely important, even better I would call it a privilege, because you are giving to your brothers and sisters in christ more often than not.
fuck them!! They have the the reward of eternal life to look forward to! Me, this world is all I got! Give to me instead!
I must say that I am FAR below 10%. Last year I only gave my church around $3000, and I actually feel pretty guilty that I'm not giving more... and not guilty because I think that God doesn't love me or thinks I suck, but because I feel like I could give more sacrificially. Then again, I know that God wants me to be a good steward and doesn't want me to be in debt. I know that God doesn't care either way, as long as he knows it's on my heart to give more.
I must say that I am FAR below 10%. Last year I only gave my church around $3000, and I actually feel pretty guilty that I'm not giving more... and not guilty because I think that God doesn't love me or thinks I suck, but because I feel like I could give more sacrificially. Then again, I know that God wants me to be a good steward and doesn't want me to be in debt. I know that God doesn't care either way, as long as he knows it's on my heart to give more.
But you gave what you could while still being responsible to your family, taking all things into consideration, and gave it gladly, happily, wishing you could give more, That is all God is looking for. Perfect thought process.
No, I don't see why. Please explain.
it stems from you coming off like a total d-bag.while I disagree with almost everything lois says, he is not intellectually dishonest about his faith. and I can admire that even if we fundamentally disagree on just about everything.
it stems from you coming off like a total d-bag.while I disagree with almost everything lois says, he is not intellectually dishonest about his faith. and I can admire that even if we fundamentally disagree on just about everything.
exactly. Exactly right. Lois doesn't use cheap, pathetic rhetorical tricks, he doesn't hit you up for money, he doesn't try and trick you into going to xian websites. He has his beliefs, and he articulates them ( crazy though they may be) clearly and honestly.
But you gave what you could while still being responsible to your family, taking all things into consideration, and gave it gladly, happily, wishing you could give more, That is all God is looking for. Perfect thought process.
Then He's not too happy with me
See, I can't even practise perfect posting processes