Why Phil Hellmuth Will Win The Lapc

I actually just read the op, but you should def know better than to make a bet so silly. You're giving away money.
It's $25 bucks bro. Not a big deal. All it is for me is a little Wed. night entertainment.
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hes got 16 bbs. I don't think he's too worried. I'm sure he has been in similar types of situations tons of times before and knows just how to handle it. He has 30 years of experience going for him.

Hes got 16 bbs. I don't think he's too worried. I'm sure he has been in similar types of situations tons of times before and knows just how to handle it. He has 30 years of experience going for him.
Everyone except for Ivey and Montgomery are at about the same level he is, so he should be fine.
I'd take Ivey over Hellmuth.
Yep. I'd take Hellmuth over 5 internet qualifiers.. With Nam Lee and Phil Ivey in the mix, I'd take the field all..day...long...
just don't pull a zmoney when it's time to ship the $25
No idea what you are talking about but our $25 is between Scotty and me. Please respect that.

Hand #129: Wei Kai Chang Eliminated in 7th Place ($172,370)Wednesday, February 27, 2008 11:33 PM PST The blinds are still at 40,000-80,000, with a 10,000 ante.Hand #129: Nam Le has the button in seat 5, Chang moves all in from middle position for 820,000, and Hellmuth calls from the small blind with AQ. The look on Chang's face tells us that he is dominated, and he shows KQ.The board comes 43229, and Hellmuth wins the pot with his ace high. Wei Kai Chang is eliminated in seventh place, earning $172,370.The final six players will take some time to verify their chip stacks and fill out their WPT bio sheets. We'll have official chip counts soon. But this looks to be a historic final table with Phil Ivey, Phil Hellmuth, and Nam Le. Stay tuned. Hellmuth should be 2nd in chips

BOOM! Just what I needed. I was just thinking to myself that I hope PH knocks out the bubble boy so he can have chips going into the FT.Gonna be fun. I'm gonna give Scottyno a run @ his $25.Off to bed now for real.Jon

Hand #129: Wei Kai Chang Eliminated in 7th Place ($172,370)Wednesday, February 27, 2008 11:33 PM PST The blinds are still at 40,000-80,000, with a 10,000 ante.Hand #129: Nam Le has the button in seat 5, Chang moves all in from middle position for 820,000, and Hellmuth calls from the small blind with AQ. The look on Chang's face tells us that he is dominated, and he shows KQ.The board comes 43229, and Hellmuth wins the pot with his ace high. Wei Kai Chang is eliminated in seventh place, earning $172,370.The final six players will take some time to verify their chip stacks and fill out their WPT bio sheets. We'll have official chip counts soon. But this looks to be a historic final table with Phil Ivey, Phil Hellmuth, and Nam Le. Stay tuned. Hellmuth should be 2nd in chips
The WPT producers must be so happy.
So this means Phil Ivey retains the insane feat of making a WPT FT every time he's cashed in a WPT event. That's just insane.
He hasn't won one yet thoughChip counts, looks like Ivey's lead isn't as overwhelming as it once was.Seat 1 - Quinn Do - 1,450,000Seat 2 - Nam Le - 1,180,000Seat 3 - Phil Hellmuth - 2,380,000Seat 4 - Phil Ivey - 4,100,000Seat 5 - Charles Moore - 1,510,000Seat 6 - Scott Montgomery - 2,680,000
I'll still take the other Phil.
You keep saying that but your opinion means nothing if you aren't willing to put your money where your mouth is.

I dunno why everyone is saying that this FT is "historic". It's a tough FT but its not like Hellmuth and Ivey have never been at the same FT before.That said if anyone wants to bet Hellmuth vs Ivey with the field being a wash I'll bet up to 100

I dunno why everyone is saying that this FT is "historic". It's a tough FT but its not like Hellmuth and Ivey have never been at the same FT before.That said if anyone wants to bet Hellmuth vs Ivey with the field being a wash I'll bet up to 100
Sorry, i'm in the middle of a 12 hour session at Potowatomi right now, checking the forums from my phone sucks. I'll check back when I get home but i'm not really in a mood to gamble anymore on this without odds imo.
I'll take Ivey

woops i forgot i'd say i'd take ivey (mostly because it was directed to hubdub), but if anyone else likes hellmooth i'll bet it.

I really don't understand why more people don't think Hellmuth is going to win or at least has a 50% chance of shipping it. I mean come on, it's Phil Hellmuth and his resume speaks for itself. Everyone knows Ivey is world class, but so is Nam Le imho. Everyone just loves to jump on the Ivey bandwagon because a lot of people don't like PH because of his table antics. But nearly all of the solid poker players out there recognize that PH has skills on a level most will never attain.Let me ask FCP this, if you replaced PH with Daniel Negreanu, would you still pick Ivey as the clear cut favorite? I don't think many would, even though I think Ivey is a better player than DN. But go ahead, jump on the Ivey bandwagon, everyone is doing it.