Say your in the BB in a Sng or something...and have a marginal hand like j10s....if someone moves all in and everyone folds to you, at what point is it right to call...if the there is 1500 in the pot and to call the all in you have to risk another 1500, do you do it?Clarify...blinds are 300 & 600... I guess thats 2 to 1 isnt it? May be a stupid question, I just never knew that arbitrary line where calling is the right thing to do. 2 to 1, 3 to 1? And does that line change significantly with the hand say...68 vs j10 or 35 vs q8...thanks fo your help.

It depends on the situation (Don't you hate hearing that?). How much do those extra chips mean to you? The more chips you have, the more you can gamble. It also depends on the player who is making the move. Would that person move in without a big hand like a high pocket pair?There isn't always an easy answer. 3-1 on your money, calling is simple here with J-10s or 8-6s. 2-1 is where it gets tricky. You just have to look at your situation as far as chip counts and the player.

thanks for the reply... I suppose there are always many variables and unfortunatly this case is no different. I was playing the other day in 20 person homegame and was the chip leader...was BB and called an all in and had the best hand preflop but was beat ..oh well. someone made the comment " I dont know if Id have called with that hand." I was getting just over two to one.....It got me wondering about at point the hand doesnt even matter. BTW, the hands were j9s vs 78o lost to 8 on turn..

thanks for the reply... I suppose there are always many variables and unfortunatly this case is no different. I was playing the other day in 20 person homegame and was the chip leader...was BB and called an all in and had the best hand preflop but was beat ..oh well. someone made the comment " I dont know if Id have called with that hand." I was getting just over two to one.....It got me wondering about at point the hand doesnt even matter. BTW, the hands were j9s vs 78o lost to 8 on turn..
Again, I'd have to know blinds and chip counts before I could say as to whether or not gambling with a J-9s is alright there. Mathematically though, it is unless the player is extremely tight (apparently he wasn't, since he moved in with 8-7off).

Huge difference between pushing and calling.Think of the hands people push with.AK, AQ, AJ late in a game, sometimes A10 (occasionally worse hands if they are bad players) and virtually any pocket pair.You are a complete dog to pocket pairs 10 10 on up. You are about 40% to win against Ax, and you are a coin flip to any pocket pair 9's or lower.You are behind 99% of the time. I don't mind someone pushing all in with J10 late in a tourny when they are getting desperate and the blinds are large (push for the steal), but calling with something like that is a huge mistake. There is virtually no situation where you are favored to win with the exception of a terrible bluff, like pushing with 72 or what not.