Is Poker's Popularity Declining?

Technically, FTP's Winners Choice on Saturday, but that's player's choice of live event.
Technicality. I'm talking about direct buy-in.and I've LOL'd @ BG twice in this thread.
Hmm?Online sats direct to event? There are none.
Exactly, that's why I don't buy that $1M loss in 1st's payout is from the loss of online pokah satties.
Silly girl, trying to beat Balloon guy
NEVER try to beat BG........just wondering how long it would be till you made it into the thread and set it all straight. (Why don't I have a "bows to BG" smiley thingy on here? BOB!!!! GET THIS FIXED ASAP!!!!)
Exactly, that's why I don't buy that $1M loss in 1st's payout is from the loss of online pokah satties.
I don't either.As far as I know, there aren't any other big live events right now - the EPT Copenhagen just finished.

Who's waking up Bob? So much conflict going on and we've gone from pottery to sweaters. And to beat it all, DN has the nerve to try to play poker in the middle of all this.

Here is my contribution:1. Too many events scheduled.2. European players staying in Europe (EPT)3. There is a million WSOP events so people might be just saving up to play that instead of WPT events.4. No more Partypoker in USA (less satellite winners?)
Dude your signature pics private parts have to be getting cold, maybe I can warm them for her? Oh, and yeah, poker is declining in popularity.
Who's waking up Bob? So much conflict going on and we've gone from pottery to sweaters. And to beat it all, DN has the nerve to try to play poker in the middle of all this.
LOL anarchy!!Oh, and poker is on the decline, get ready for the next hip thing:Cornhole!Wikipedia, for the lazy...
Don't touch her you sonofabitch
damn, son, you have been driving the men wild tonight, haven't you? :club:

Pokerstars is getting record numbers as far as turnouts and prizepools BUT, I think it shows that good players are seeing online poker as the best way to make money playing poker. I still think that live poker is on its way out for people who strictly want to make a good living playing poker. Many of the guys who grinded the live cash games and tourneys throughout the 70's 80's 90's and early 2000's know that making a living playing live can be grueling. Now you have young guys making 500k a year playing 100 sngs a day simply by maintaining a 50% or better ROI. Even myself, an avid live player, is playing more online now than I play live, simply because of the convenience and +ev factors. I love playing 5 tables at once, it keeps me focused and on my toes. I seriously think that most of the guys who have found online poker as a better way to earn a consistent living are the ones who are staying away from the live events that they used to find themselves playing. Everyone knows that there is a huge variance level in the live 10k buyin tournaments and one way to increase your edge is to grind online MTT's all day.I know that the above statement does not pertain to all poker players, obv. But I do think that people are realizing that online poker is the best way to make money (if you are a truely winning player and not just one guy who had a nice cash in a live event like we have all seen come and go tons of time in the last 5 years).

I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don’t have poker, and, uh, I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq everywhere like, such as and I believe that they should, our education over here in the US should help the US, er, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future for our children.
Thank you Miss South CarolinaRack 'em!
damn, son, you have been driving the men wild tonight, haven't you? :club:
I think I have gotten at least 30 PM's from people asking who she is. A couple from people who joined the forum just to ask.

Poker is bigger than ever. But online play is hurting some tournament play. Especially smaller buy ins. People would rather play on the tournaments that are just as much online, and they usually get more money online because there are more people on online tournaments.