It's a good thing to have fun for sure Daniel. And it's good to know that you've enjoyed your times "on stage" because you're one of the funniest and best commentators I've seen in a long time. I'd say that it's okay to break to rules occasionally as long as you don't let it become a habit. You're at a stage in your life where you should be able to relax and kick back a bit. But there comes a time when you have to exercise the self-discipline to get yourself back on track. Here's hoping that you do better in these next few tournaments AND have fun too. :club:

I think you can make all the fun you want, as long as you keep your tells to yourself.Don't answer questions, that can reveal anything about your play.But why wouldn't you have a bit of a laugh during those hours. You can sit at one table with 9 guy's for 8 hours, nobody can be quiet for that long.At Least, I Can't.I don't see the crime in talking and laughing, as long as everyone realizes it's still a sport,about winning. Be yourself, but be closed. don't tell anything about cards, strategy's or winnings.They could pick it up as a tell.

I disagree with this. Why pay the money to enter the tournament if you aren't going to do your best? I know Daniel is in a position where he can do that, but from my perspective, I would either go on the trip to Europe with a decided purpose, to either have fun and not worry about breaking rules, or to go and try to be successful in the tournament.

He didn't say that he entered the tournament with the intention of not doing his best. What he said was that he did let other influences in that caused him not to. And since those experiences were valuable also, he wasn't going to beat himself up about not doing well in the tournament. From what I read in his blog, I'd expect that he's going to settle down for the next one and get back on track. But geez if you're going to go to Europe, why hunker down in a hotel room and not have any fun? Life's too dam short not to experience it while you can appreciate and enjoy it. And it's not like he can't afford it.

Agreed,Why only the hard work, but none of the joy.Daniel has done pretty good for him self allready, and he will achieve much more.But you still need to enjoy it a bit. So if he wants to go, and have a beer with a few mates, why not?He didn't beat himself up about it, why should we?

I'm not saying he shouldn't have had fun, I just don't see the point of wasting money on a buy-in if you are going to allow yourself to allow those influences in. I'm also not saying that he knew that he would stay out when he bought into the tournament, but he also didn't make the decision not to allow those influences in. And don't get me wrong, I'm not judging the guy, and I'm certainly not against having a good time. Just for me, if I had invested whatever the buy in for the tournament was, I would want to be as successful in that tournament as possible. That's all I'm saying.

I'm not saying he shouldn't have had fun, I just don't see the point of wasting money on a buy-in if you are going to allow yourself to allow those influences in. I'm also not saying that he knew that he would stay out when he bought into the tournament, but he also didn't make the decision not to allow those influences in. And don't get me wrong, I'm not judging the guy, and I'm certainly not against having a good time. Just for me, if I had invested whatever the buy in for the tournament was, I would want to be as successful in that tournament as possible. That's all I'm saying.
You don't win tournaments by caring about the buy in. That's the exact recipe for losing. It's a weird line to walk, sure, but it is what it is. I wouldn't be surprised if his deal with Stars covered his buy-ins anyway. That's pretty standard from what I hear. Then, it's not even about the tournament, or it doesn't need to be. It's about showing up, smiling, wearing the Pokerstars.net logo and doing his job, which in this case is just putting a face to a brand.

Just like sports, a lot of times people lose their hunger when they've won before. I think Daniel probably doesn't have the same intensity for some tournies as he does in others. I would imagine the WPT Championship, WSOP Main Event and HORSE and the NBC Heads Up, Daniel will sleep and eat right the night before all events. Because he has a strong desire to win them all. But he has enough money where the 10K probably doesn't mean that much to him, so he has too much fun to be successful sometimes. It's his choice. He's earned it. (Much like Sundin!!) Sorry for the cheap shot at the end :club:

Seems to me winning is fun.You even said so when you won your first WPT event. "It's so much more fun than second"You got weeks between tournaments to have fun.Anyone ever see Tiger kick it in to neutral and coast?

Seems to me winning is fun.You even said so when you won your first WPT event. "It's so much more fun than second"You got weeks between tournaments to have fun.Anyone ever see Tiger kick it in to neutral and coast?
I bet that answer is yes. I'm pretty sure Tiger doesn't always have his A-game or his A-Concentration.