Fulltilt's Ironman And Rakeback

I saw a reference to this issue in another recent thread..........Does anyone know how much the Ironman medals effect your rakeback totals ? Is there anyway to reduce the loss ? For example, if I have already earned bronze for the month and if I cash out my rakeback on February 28th or 29th, they award the medals March 1st, right ? Will they just deduct it from March's rake ? What if I don't play there until April ? Will they carry the debt forward or start from a clean slate ? Can you opt out of Ironman altogether ? How ? I've seen where you can opt out of the Ironman Plus medals. Do they deduct as you earn the medals......or when you cash them in, like they do on points ?Thanks in advance !

I am pretty sure that the Ironman does not have any effect on your rakeback. I haven't noticed it if it does.
I didn't think so, but someone was trying to convince me otherwise.

Here are the facts as well as I know them and how I understand them.Using Ironman Medals to buy things does not affect your rakeback.Using the things you buy them with does.For example: When you buy a $600 bonus, when you clear that bonus $600 is deducted from MGR.When you buy 25k FTP Points, their value is deducted from MGR when you use them on an item.For the freeroll:The amount of (Total_Prize_Pool / #_Of_Entrants) is deducted from your MGR no matter how you finish.

lol, funny i saw this topic, me and scottyno were talking about this today, i didn't know but i assumed the bonuses and the ftp points if you used them would count against you, but anything else wouldn't.thanks for the post zim, i'll have to like this to scotty.

Late to the party but directly from raketherake faq:

How does the Ironman promo at Full Tilt affect me?Iron medals only affect your rakeback if you exchange the medals for Full Tilt points and then spend the points in the FT Store.Last update: 12:39 PM Monday, January 7, 2008
I'm still not sure if it affects your rakeback to get something from the ironman store though.
Here are the facts as well as I know them and how I understand them.Using Ironman Medals to buy things does not affect your rakeback.Using the things you buy them with does.For example: When you buy a $600 bonus, when you clear that bonus $600 is deducted from MGR.When you buy 25k FTP Points, their value is deducted from MGR when you use them on an item.For the freeroll:The amount of (Total_Prize_Pool / #_Of_Entrants) is deducted from your MGR no matter how you finish.
This is true...thats how FTPDoug explained it on 2+2