Dont Really Have A Name For This Hand

2-5 NL 8 handed.entire table has played about 20 hands so far.Hero - 500Villain - 400Donkey - 500. (donkey has been lag, and shows signs of possible lag-tard characteristics.)Hero is Cutoff with Kh,Qhvillain limp, MPlimp, 1 fold, Donkey raise to 20. Hero call, button fold, sb fold, bb fold, villain call. MP fold.flop Qd, 8c, 2s. villain check, Donkey bet 60. Hero call, villain call. turn 8svillain check, donkey check, hero?

villain check, donkey check, hero?
Anything we bet is going to swell up this pot with the villain who may be trying to trap the donkey. You could make it $150 if you have a good read on the villain.You're probably chopping with the donkey ... donkey
Anything we bet is going to swell up this pot with the villain who may be trying to trap the donkey. You could make it $150 if you have a good read on the villain.You're probably chopping with the donkey ... donkey
ok.hero check behind, river Kvillain bet 100, donkey fold. hero?

Turn bet would definatley be valuable info... Especially if the donkey has no credit, if the villain is playing the hand with you as the aggressor his play will then give us far more insight into his hand... thing is we may be raising for info we already know... It's a difficult spot on the river... can't raise because he'll only call, more likely reraise if he has you beat... There's a good enough chance he has AK to call... could have a suited 78/89, and then with his play 22 and 88 are in range... Hands too strong to fold, to vulnerable to raise with the way the hand was played, imo, but if I'm wrong I really want some feedback, to help me correct my thought processes... thanks :club:

what would villain limp with from ep and flatcall behind your call on the flop that has an 8? i think nothing if he isn't loose or bad enough to openlimp with 78 suited or something from UTG. the only logical hand that beats you here are deuces full. i call and cry if he has A8 suited. also: raise the flop.

I like the way it was played. I think I would have raised the turn (steal looking raise than can be called by donkey with wide range), but don't mind check because of villain. Obv call on the river.

why are we playing this hand so passively?
KQ is not the hand I like to play for entire stacks without specific reads. Having position is our opportunity to keep the pot size acceptable for our hand
KQ is not the hand I like to play for entire stacks without specific reads. Having position is our opportunity to keep the pot size acceptable for our hand
you dont have to play for stacks. a minraise to 120 should do fine on the flop, it will get the villain away for sure if he doesnt have a GOOD hand (AQ[unlikely], 88 , 22), if villain STILL flatcalls behind we have plenty of folding equity left for check/folding to any river but a Q. if you get headsup with the donk play for stacks.
a minraise to 120 should do fine on the flop
What will call our minraise on flop that we have beat? For villain: i see none; for donkey: any queen (but i think he dumps all pocket pairs lower than Q)What will fold to our minraise that have us beat? I see none.I feel raising flop is info gathering bet.On the other hand I see villain calling 60 with some hands that we have beat and I think that donkey can continue to play poker pairs (or even 87) aggressively after we've flat called.

First post. New member.I think hero should have raised the flop with this hand, now you have to call the river.One thing to keep in mind is whether the river K is a spade for the flush, and if you can put villain on spades. Maybe AQ planning to check/raise the turn? But most likely would have raised the flop with that, so maybe KQs or JQs depending on villain's starting hand req. All in all, you have to call and pray on the river now, but if the river is a spade, one extra decision to make there. I don't think 88 or 22 is likely since you would have seen more action.

What will call our minraise on flop that we have beat? For villain: i see none; for donkey: any queen (but i think he dumps all pocket pairs lower than Q)
we don't want a call from villain. we want to isolate to get headsup against the donk. tp 2k doesn'T play all that well against 2 opponents. against the aggrodonk ,though, you can stack.AND we lose less money if we are good enough to check fold if villain calls behind our minraise on the flop, than with calling the 100$ bet on the river.

Is it me or is this like the most standard situation ever? We raise KQ preflop, get a couple of callers, flop TP 2nd kicker and someone donks into us on a dry board.Just raise his damn flop bet. Since you didn't do that, bet the turn. Since you didn't do that, call the river. Standard.

Is it me or is this like the most standard situation ever? We raise KQ preflop, get a couple of callers, flop TP 2nd kicker and someone donks into us on a dry board.Just raise his damn flop bet. Since you didn't do that, bet the turn. Since you didn't do that, call the river. Standard.
Donkey raised preflop.Doesn't change much though. OP is walking a fine line between getting it HU and encouraging a LAG tard to continue bluffing.I prefer the raise the flop line, however after the Villain calls the flop (whether it's Donkey's bet or our raise) I'm wanting to get to showdown cheap and checking behind on turn.
Donkey raised preflop.Doesn't change much though. OP is walking a fine line between getting it HU and encouraging a LAG tard to continue bluffing.I prefer the raise the flop line, however after the Villain calls the flop (whether it's Donkey's bet or our raise) I'm wanting to get to showdown cheap and checking behind on turn.
Ok, so I misread the OP a little. It doesn't change much of anything because the only thing I read wrong was the preflop action. I still raise the flop and still bet the turn.

I agree with a lot of you.What hands will donkey have here that will call a raise? He's been aggro, but not a true call station. He also has shown down a couple decent hands, and AQ is def not far fetched. Also, villain is in the hand. And there is absolutely no draws on this flop that would allow villain to c/c a bet & call.. Unless he has something.so I called expecting villain to fold. and expecting Donkey to fire the turn regardless. But villain called, and that set off alarms.so the turn checks through, and river is a K. villain leads 100.. donkey looks at me, and says "well with you behind I def cant call" and I make the callHe tables 2,2. and donkey had 10,10. I see some merit for raising the flop. If its HU, I 100% agree. Although I really thought, Villain either completely misses this flop, or hit it perfectly. and I didnt need to raise to find that out

Ok, so I misread the OP a little. It doesn't change much of anything because the only thing I read wrong was the preflop action. I still raise the flop and still bet the turn.
Are you betting the turn if you raise the flop and are called by villain or only as played?
Are you betting the turn if you raise the flop and are called by villain or only as played?
I mix it up. If a guy coldcalls a bet and a raise there, I'm usually just done with the hand. Sometimes I'll make another turn bet to set the price for my showdown since if I check behind on the turn, he's betting more rivers anyway. But mostly I'd just bet the turn as played and much much less if the villain coldcalled a bet and a raise on the flop.