Shaq Traded To Suns

i cant take most of this seriously. wade shot all those free throws because he kept getting fouled. Mavs absolutely gave away that series by allowing the Heat to be the aggressor for the last four games. and they missed a bunch of big free throws. really you are better than this....this nonsense was old when the kings used to whine about the lakers and it is more tiresome now.if a mavs fan wants to bitch about game 5, 4th quarter.....well I will nod my head and pretend to be sympathetic. otherwise, please.
I'm not a Mav's fan at all, don't get me wrong. But it gets tiring to see the NBA magically crown Michael Jordan's successor at the foul line in big game. That year it just happened to be Wade in the crosshairs. I *love* this game, and it scares the hell out of me when I see $#!t play out like the WWF at times. I *remember* watching the Suns/Spurs series thinking "WTF is this?", and then the Donaghy scandal hit in the offseason and that was a dark, dark day for me.I'm not a conspiracy guy. Wade's a total stud. Well played by Miami. That said, my Spidey-Sense was tingling from 1/2way through game 3 on. And I have no idea why the NBA would even prefer the Heat over the Mavs anyways. Stern knows how good Cuban is for the league, despite their squabbles. And Wade's partner in crime was Shaq, who has made an entire career out of getting 1/4 of the calls he should as he gets pounded on night in and night out. Even on the Lakers, Shaq was black and blue by the 4th quarter and usually also in foul trouble himself. I'm officially rambling, I'll stop it here.
oh, heat lost in OT to the Nuggies tonight......23 pts, 18 boards for Marion. Thanks Phoenix.
And believe me, as a Blazer guy, I was pulling for you guys the whole way. :club:
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just trying to make a case for the sake of argument. I don't actually believe everything I said. Although I wouldn't be totally shocked to see Marion go to Memphis if they're the only team that offers him the money he wants, as he's already said he's just as happy being the best player on a bad team as opposed to what he was in Phoenix on a good team.

Marion can't be the best on a bad team. He's gonna be 2nd fiddle to Gay at Memphis. He just doesn't have the skillset to be the go-to-guy. Oh well, some people know who they are and some don't.

Marion can't be the best on a bad team. He's gonna be 2nd fiddle to Gay at Memphis. He just doesn't have the skillset to be the go-to-guy. Oh well, some people know who they are and some don't.
Again, why would he go to Memphis? Why not be the 2nd guy in Miami to Wade? Perfect weather, proven GM, proven star and they have the cap room to sign him now. Plus, he clearly fits with Wade as he is averaging like 19 pts and 15 boards since coming to the Heat. Put one more good player around those two (high draft pick, ftw) and get rid of team cancers Ricky Davis and J-Will and you are good to go.LOL, at Bill Simmons loving the Shaq trade. That is like the kiss of death lately. I am with John Hollinger, I just dont see it for Phoenix. The heat are already winners though so I wouldnt mind seeing Shaq do some things in the desert.
LOL, at Bill Simmons loving the Shaq trade. That is like the kiss of death lately. I am with John Hollinger, I just dont see it for Phoenix. The heat are already winners though so I wouldnt mind seeing Shaq do some things in the desert.
I agree with his reasoning, which is rare because I can't stand Simmons.While Marion might be happy now on the Heat, he wasn't happy in Phoenix so they at least got something for him in return and the locker room is probably in better shape. They may even match up better against a few western teams than they did before.
Again, why would he go to Memphis? Why not be the 2nd guy in Miami to Wade? Perfect weather, proven GM, proven star and they have the cap room to sign him now. Plus, he clearly fits with Wade as he is averaging like 19 pts and 15 boards since coming to the Heat. Put one more good player around those two (high draft pick, ftw) and get rid of team cancers Ricky Davis and J-Will and you are good to go.
Because Marion is on record as saying he would rather be the #1 option and lose than be on a winning team and not get the ball as much. If you're unhappy being 3rd fiddle on a team like Phoenix that just pushes and scores all the time, I doubt much changes when you play on a worse team and get the same amount of looks. My point is though, that he's not good enough to be a #1 anywhere, so he should realize that and be content as a top 30-40 player in the league.
I agree with his reasoning, which is rare because I can't stand Simmons.While Marion might be happy now on the Heat, he wasn't happy in Phoenix so they at least got something for him in return and the locker room is probably in better shape. They may even match up better against a few western teams than they did before.
Agree with the reasoning for trading Marion (both with you and Simmons). Disagree with who they got. I am fine with trading marion and getting some value if he is a malcontent....but there were better deals out there for him I am sure. They could have even traded for a different O'Neal and it would have been a better fit (Jermaine, obv).Probably could have pried away another decent young player from Indiana in the process. It is usually a bad sign (as Simmons points out then ignores) when you make a trade that the other team says yes to in 0.0004 seconds (as the Heat did in this trade).
It is usually a bad sign (as Simmons points out then ignores) when you make a trade that the other team says yes to in 0.0004 seconds (as the Heat did in this trade).
Or it just works out for both teams. Either way it will make the Suns playoff run really interesting. People do seem to be forgetting that when the Lakers were they premiere run and gun team in the 80's that a very old Kareem was still starting for them and fitting in just fine even though he wasn't as fast as he used to be.
Agree with the reasoning for trading Marion (both with you and Simmons). Disagree with who they got. I am fine with trading marion and getting some value if he is a malcontent....but there were better deals out there for him I am sure. They could have even traded for a different O'Neal and it would have been a better fit (Jermaine, obv).
Marquis Daniels anyone? I liked him in Dallas, he's done nothing in Indiana.
Or it just works out for both teams. Either way it will make the Suns playoff run really interesting. People do seem to be forgetting that when the Lakers were they premiere run and gun team in the 80's that a very old Kareem was still starting for them and fitting in just fine even though he wasn't as fast as he used to be.
Thats because it's easier for a big dude to run than pound it inside.
I agree to an extent (with you and Lois) but Kareem's game and Shaq's game could not be more different. Shaq doesnt have the skyhook. The Shaq I watched the last three months is completely washed up, has zero explosion when he jumps (which causes him to miss so many bunnies), and is a joke defensively. He cant guard the pick n roll and his shot blocking ability is nowhere near what it used to be (Mourning was the shot blocker on the team). He picks up careless fouls.Now, maybe, maybe he is so mad that it motivates him and we see a Shaq renaissance of sorts. I will guarantee you one thing though.....anyone who has actually watched Shaq play this year (I have seen almost every game) thinks the Suns gave the Heat a huge gift.
Now, maybe, maybe he is so mad that it motivates him and we see a Shaq renaissance of sorts. I will guarantee you one thing though.....anyone who has actually watched Shaq play this year (I have seen almost every game) thinks the Suns gave the Heat a huge gift.
I don't disagree that the Heat made out in the deal, but to say there is no upside to the Suns side of things is a bit short sighted.

I don't think there's anyway anyone can predict how this is going to turn out for the Suns.They were showing clips from Shaq at practice in Phoenix, and was matched up with Sean Marks. Marks was making Shaq look like Sean Marks playing against Shaq.

I agree with his reasoning, which is rare because I can't stand Simmons.
You really can't stand Simmons? I would think his love of pop culture and NBA Basketball alone would make him a favorite of yours. Really, this kind of shocks me. :club:
Marquis Daniels anyone? I liked him in Dallas, he's done nothing in Indiana.
Post-RumbleintheHills Indiana is where NBA players go to die. I saw Mike Dunleavy Jr. on the back of a milk carton. I'm serious, his DAD is on ESPN more than he is at this point, and Sportcenter doesn't exactly pull strings to get sub-.500 Western Conference teams airtime.