Bob Knight Retires

Unless he has some personal or health issues this is pretty retarded to do in the middle of the season. As the leader of the team he is definitely letting them down. Its not as bad since his son is taking over, and the plays will stay the same, it is still pretty bad though.

Unless he has some personal or health issues this is pretty retarded to do in the middle of the season. As the leader of the team he is definitely letting them down. Its not as bad since his son is taking over, and the plays will stay the same, it is still pretty bad though.
What if at this point he feels he just can't give a full effort to the team and feels it's not fair to the kids so he's stepping down in favor of someone who can? I don't see it as 'pretty bad'.

I read he thought this over with his wife all day Sunday. It sounds like he has finally just worn down and doesn't have the passion he once did. With Tech naming Pat as the successor in 2005, I'm sure he felt the transition would be fairly smooth. He really has nothing else to accomplish in his career.-Most wins all time-3 National Championships-Olympic Gold Medal-The last undefeated season (which may stand forever with the one and done era upon us)-Resurrected a flailing program in Texas TechAsk almost any player who played for Knight and they will tell you they would do almost anything for the man (with the exception of Neil Reed). Many people don't agree with him or like him, but he is one of the greatest coaches of all time. He taught the game of basketball and the game of life to all his players.

I read he thought this over with his wife all day Sunday. It sounds like he has finally just worn down and doesn't have the passion he once did. With Tech naming Pat as the successor in 2005, I'm sure he felt the transition would be fairly smooth. He really has nothing else to accomplish in his career.-Most wins all time-3 National Championships-Olympic Gold Medal-The last undefeated season (which may stand forever with the one and done era upon us)-Resurrected a flailing program in Texas TechAsk almost any player who played for Knight and they will tell you they would do almost anything for the man (with the exception of Neil Reed). Many people don't agree with him or like him, but he is one of the greatest coaches of all time. He taught the game of basketball and the game of life to all his players.
Agreed