Villain is pretty aggro 23/17/3 and I'm sure he's iso raising limper. I can either 3bet it or being the flophappy person I am, coldcall.Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $3/$65 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $1065CO: $622Button: $332.35Hero: $622BB: $570Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with Q :club: T :D UTG (poster) checks, CO raises to $30, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG folds.Flop: 3 :D 8 :D K :D ($96, 3 players)Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks.Turn: J :) ($96, 3 players)Hero bets $66, BB folds, CO calls.River: 3 :) ($228, 2 players)Hero realizes OMG! I can represent a flush! and bets $198

I think you get called by AJ here way more than logic would dictate that you ever should.Really, the only thing that you're repping is 8s full, KJ or a flush. Other than that, the line looks pretty bluffy IMO to most players. I doubt you play KQ like this and the board's just too disconnected to have many other strong hands.

I find people rarely believe that someone has backdoored into a flush but I suppose the checked flop makes it a bit more believable. Still not a huge fan though...

He's not totally relying on representing the flush, because it's very likely that the villain isn't all that strong.I just think that for a loose aggro player like the OP, he will run into a lot of problems when he's only realistically representing a very small slice of a hand range against a villain who's smart enough to figure this out.All this being said, we still have Q high and can't win at showdown. I think a c/r bluff would be better in this spot since an aggro villain would likely bet a lot of hands as well as bluffs on the river.

Even against an aggro player I don't really like calling OOP here preflop. I would be more apt to raise or fold but as played with an aggro player giving a free turn against multiple players in a pot that he VPMI and cold calling that board on the turn would make me a bit nervous. I think I like a c/f or c/r on the river best as played.

Villain is pretty aggro 23/17/3 and I'm sure he's iso raising limper. I Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with Q :club: T :D UTG (poster) checks, CO raises to $30, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG folds.Flop: 3 :D 8 :D K :D ($96, 3 players)Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks.Turn: J :) ($96, 3 players)Hero bets $66, BB folds, CO calls.River: 3 :) ($228, 2 players)Hero realizes OMG! I can represent a flush! and bets $198Villain says "Nope, you didnt do it....I raise"
FYPvillain is aggro because he has a gambling debt to pay off in 5 days
Villain is pretty aggro 23/17/3 and I'm sure he's iso raising limper. I can either 3bet it or being the flophappy person I am, coldcall.Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $3/$65 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $1065CO: $622Button: $332.35Hero: $622BB: $570Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with Q :club: T :D UTG (poster) checks, CO raises to $30, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG folds.Flop: 3 :D 8 :D K :D ($96, 3 players)Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks.Turn: J :) ($96, 3 players)Hero bets $66, BB folds, CO calls.River: 3 :) ($228, 2 players)Hero realizes OMG! I can represent a flush! and bets $198
What are you representing that the villain can call the turn but fold the river? I know you're saying flush, and since the flop was checked, it's one increment more believable. But I don't ordinarily buy it. If I'm the villain, and I'm sitting on AK, and checked the flop to let you catch up, I have a really tough time dumping my hand now.
What are you representing that the villain can call the turn but fold the river? I know you're saying flush, and since the flop was checked, it's one increment more believable. But I don't ordinarily buy it. If I'm the villain, and I'm sitting on AK, and checked the flop to let you catch up, I have a really tough time dumping my hand now.
People don't not bet AK on a 3 way flop at 3/6 NL.I like my double negative.
FYPvillain is aggro because he has a gambling debt to pay off in 5 days
Wacky Wednesdays ftwI'm weak so I c/f, but I like this play

awww if you quote desmoines I can actually see his posts. lol shieky, <3 :Deveryone here is making me doubt myself : ( Villain thought and ended up folding. And yeah, this is an easy vbet w/KQ imo. Easiest bet/fold ever

I think you get called by AJ here way more than logic would dictate that you ever should.Really, the only thing that you're repping is 8s full, KJ or a flush. Other than that, the line looks pretty bluffy IMO to most players. I doubt you play KQ like this and the board's just too disconnected to have many other strong hands.
let's hope my logic is right :club: ONE TIME!

Before I read Acid's post, I liked your play, but after thinking it over, I agree that I don't see AJ folding this river very often. I'm guessing he bricked or was trying to hero call you to a cheap showdown.

I think my line's pretty strong if you think about itwhat am i coldcalling preflop, then betting the turn and river with? besides QT obviously : )
Coldcalling preflop - A rather wide range of medium strength handsBetting turn and river - A rather wide range of medium strength hands?AJ is the nuts vs a donk like you here :club: