Official I Joined A Gym Thread

I guess it's just me but I try to follow a more zen like approach to those types. Whenever faced with that type I would just not resist anything that they did therefore making it look like he was overzealous to the rest of the class. Sometimes people followed suit and they eventually learn to go slower since he is not getting any type of feedback from his drills. Just something to think about as I am sure you are figuring out that any good martial arts person thinks more with his mind rather than force.
I didn't do anything immediately. I'm pretty passive (kinda hard to imagine that) and it takes a lot to annoy me. The professor came over when he saw him trying to wrench that arm bar super-deep and told him to take it easy, but he continued to do it after he walked away. I just figured it was taking along time for that information to travel to his brain, so I just wanted to place his head on the ground so that he might get the message faster.
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NICE JOB SAL!
got the abs done too, but it's gonna be a bitch getting back on that bike. I DON'T WANNA.
I didn't do anything immediately. I'm pretty passive (kinda hard to imagine that) and it takes a lot to annoy me. The professor came over when he saw him trying to wrench that arm bar super-deep and told him to take it easy, but he continued to do it after he walked away. I just figured it was taking along time for that information to travel to his brain, so I just wanted to place his head on the ground so that he might get the message faster.
I agree with this.
That's just an all around funny part of your post.
lol

Worked mainly on the back today, some really tough exercises in there, followed by 15 minutes on the mats where I did 50 crunches, then 25 things where I hold the trainers ankles and try to kick her then she throws my legs at the mat and I do it again without letting my feet hit, then 30 more crunches, then 20 more of the other things, then like 50 side crunch things on each side. Very brutal session, she kicked my ass today.

today being almost a month post surgery we worked a little more on my abds. I can really feel those muscles , wow. Arms, legs and most other groups are doing very well. Same goes with the cardio, tread mill I can handle hate that stair climber. wow, big changes in my measurements too awesome to see that. I am even laughing at my chest , and I am not going to explain why. Tomorrow is a 1 hour session in the pool. Looking forward to that.

Standard 5x5 Weds and added 1 set of 1 rep to maxSquat1x5x1851x5x2251x5x2451x5x2751x5x2951x3x315Bench1x5x1851x5x2051x5x2251x5x2451x5x2751x1x295Deadlift1x5x2051x5x2251x5x2751x5x3151x5x3451x1x365ChinsHanging Leg RaisesJiu-Jitsu for an hour later on this evening. Getting over a cold of some sort that was leaving me really weak after workouts, but feeling a little bit more back to normal.

Standard 5x5 Weds and added 1 set of 1 rep to max
I have to admit that when I see people post their weight-lifting routines I just sort of stare at the entire post without reading any specific sets and go, "Jesus, that's a lot of numbers."

4 days in a row at the gym for me.Was pretty bad yesterday w/ Cinco de mayo (food wise), but I did like an hour of cardio before dinner.Did another 50 minutes today. 20 treadmill and 30 elliptical.No lifting since I did sun/mon a bit. I still don't have a good set routine for lifting, but I'm still trying to just get my body into a place where I can do a decent routine and not die. Plus I have a weight loss bet with Cardcore, so cardio is pretty big at the moment.

4 days in a row at the gym for me.Was pretty bad yesterday w/ Cinco de mayo (food wise), but I did like an hour of cardio before dinner.Did another 50 minutes today. 20 treadmill and 30 elliptical.No lifting since I did sun/mon a bit. I still don't have a good set routine for lifting, but I'm still trying to just get my body into a place where I can do a decent routine and not die. Plus I have a weight loss bet with Cardcore, so cardio is pretty big at the moment.
Heavy lifting aids in losing weight. Get on a 5x5 or SS program. Stronglifts.com is a pretty decent site to get you going.
Heavy lifting aids in losing weight. Get on a 5x5 or SS program. Stronglifts.com is a pretty decent site to get you going.
Yeah, I do know it does, been trying not to go too hard early on. It's about a week and a half in. I'll go check that out though.
4 days in a row at the gym for me.
Nice. Good week so far, keep after it. Tonight was just one of those nights where I felt off during my run. Went 25 minutes, as I planned, but had to slow down quite a bit toward the end. Only got 3.4 miles. Tomorrow is strictly abs and then back for another run on Friday.
Nice. Good week so far, keep after it. Tonight was just one of those nights where I felt off during my run. Went 25 minutes, as I planned, but had to slow down quite a bit toward the end. Only got 3.4 miles. Tomorrow is strictly abs and then back for another run on Friday.
I really need to get started with some ab workouts, but god, even basic ones wipe me out after like 2 minutes.
i've always wondered, why 5x5? Are the first 3 sets more of a warm up since they are significantly lighter weight than your max? if you can do 6 reps at the max weight, do you go for it? or do you just do five regardless?

Went to the gym yesterday. I was in a foul mood and the one thing I like about the gym is that is a good stress reliever.Did 30 minutes on the treadmill on Random Incline Setting at 3.3mphThen I wanted to see how far I could run at 5.2mph. I got .25 miles before I felt like I was going to cross a threshhold I didn't want to cross. I will try that each couple times a week and see how that goes. Can't hurt.Then did 15 min on the elliptical because all the machines I wanted were being used. Woke up to my lowest weight in years. 174.5

I really need to get started with some ab workouts, but god, even basic ones wipe me out after like 2 minutes.
I hear ya. I've been better about abs lately but they still suck and I still hate them. So, you know, why not do some more tonight?
Went to the gym yesterday. I was in a foul mood and the one thing I like about the gym is that is a good stress reliever.
Very, very true.Nice work on the weight.
I'm currently wearing jeans that are size 30-30. suck it fatties, suck it long and suck it hard.
I will not. I haven't bought any new jeans/pants/shorts/anything with a waist for over a year. I honestly don't remember what I bought last time, but I've historically been in the 33-32 range. The jeans I have on now are a bit loose, but I have no idea what their waist is. I should go to somebody's office and ask them to check the label for me. Is it weird to not know what waist size I wear? Like if I went into a store and a salesperson asked me what size jeans I wear, I wouldn't have an answer.
damn I wanted in that side bet lolhe lost 14 lbs last weekgl Kurt you will need itI went to my 1st swimming exercise class today, thinking no problem, joinned the intermed. class level. I belong to the swim team at school and was a lap swimmer so I thought that would be a good entry level. WRONG lol. dumb decision. I was thinking since I was an expert swimmer and have been at lower level programs before I would not benefit at that level. I guess being post surgery it was a very dumb move. But give me a couple a weeks and I will be back up there lol. One thing there is a hot tub there as well. As I needed it after last nights NegO session, I felt the neck and shoulder muscles big time last night. So my plan as of now the gym M-W-F and the Pool T-TH, Sat, Sun walks and in home weights. With extra work outs as needed

My back and abs are hurting today, but still went in for my leg workout today, very brutal again.. I think my trainer gets a kick out of pushing me to my limit on everything. I think I've gained a couple pounds from eating like shit lately, but it's hard to say since my dookie schedule has changed from pre workout to post workout, and I have no clue how much dookie weighs. I was very stressed out last week and drank a lot as well... so next week I'll try to get back on it. No workout tomorrow, off to Toronto to meet up with the hockey forum, play poker at the hockey hall of fame, and drink lots of beers for the weekend!

No workout tomorrow, off to Toronto to meet up with the hockey forum, play poker at the hockey hall of fame, and drink lots of beers for the weekend!
You'll be at the Westin right? We should work out Sat morning! lol or not.
You'll be at the Westin right? We should work out Sat morning! lol or not.
Yeah... do they have a gym? Maybe we should wait and see how we feel in the morning.. but if I'm not that hungover I'd be up for a cardio!