Spotting Weakness Live

hey, im generally an Online player, I do occasionally play live, but most of the time i just play online, i play alot and I have a pretty decent idea of picking up when a player is considered a 'weak' player while playing online. Is there anything I haven't picked up in online play that I might pick up playing live that would help determine what player is weak.Thanks

He's doing something to project strength. That's far and away the most reliable tell you'll find when someone's weak. Obviously, the less experienced your opponent is, the more reliable this tell.

The vomit one is a pretty strong tell i bet. More importantly i'm looking for things too look for in a weak player as a whole, as opposed to the individual hand, cant see the guy's cards so its not always easy to tell if they been getting big draws and missing them or if they're just weak players. Things like that im looking for.

Pick up a copy of DN's latest book... he talks about this.Basically he says to not be as concerned with body language and concentrate more on betting patterns. Doyle Brunson once said that he could beat a weak player without ever even looking at this own cards. He wasn't being cocky...just stating that playing the person is often a more powerful tool than playing your cards if that person is weak.So..in short.. look for betting patterns that may define your opponent.

There are many different types of weakness to spot and they will differ from player to player.One basics is to realize if a player thinks he has a good enough hand to call a shove or not. There are certain instances with specific players that I've played with at at least once when I know they will call a shove and give me their whole stack.That's value

So much of this depends on the limit and game you are playing. But it never ceases to amaze me the way people seem to actuall "perk" up when they get a hand. Or go back and check there whole cards 2-3 times. People who don't play a lot of live poker are like open books but you are still best served by playing pretty straightforward poker against them.