I totally agree with you and i guess PokerVT > CR, when it's released. Before it'll be released will probably take a while though. Early april at best it seems, but these kinda things just get delayed often. Nothing against DN, but all the programming and stuff just often takes longer than expected. It's the same with videogames.So i'm just gonna subscribe to CR for half a year and in half a year if PokerVT is out and if the subscribers say it's that much better, i might switch. But i'll see in half a year.
FTW. Good plan.

You guys can get a month free if you sign me up as new member or something right? If some1 will explain to me how this works and wants a month free CR then let me know.

I honestly have no clue about other training sites. I've heard good things though. Card Runners and the like seem to do great business. I suspect that one of the things they do well is working on volume as opposed to dealing with an individual. Daniel is one of the few poker players that I know who not only plays the game well, but he can also explain his actions in fairly great detail. That is an amazing quality. From a technical perspective, that alone is reason to sign up for Pokervt.I honestly don't think that Daniel would start a training site unless he believed that he could do something better than others have done in the past. Clearly this won't be as cool as s7s training :club: , but I'm sure he will do an amazing job.
have you considered doing any steve7stud training stuff for daniel's new site? im so intrigued by what exactly it might be that you teach people that i would pay for a subscription even though im sure it couldn't be as detailed as your private coaching.
have you considered doing any steve7stud training stuff for daniel's new site? im so intrigued by what exactly it might be that you teach people that i would pay for a subscription even though im sure it couldn't be as detailed as your private coaching.
I'm pretty sure that would be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to do. I haven't had any personal training but I've read a lot about the S7S coaching, and it seems to be very much an individual 'one-on-one' type instuction and guidance. Trying to incorporate that into a general poker training site might be a totally futile process.Although, I think I read that JC (PrtyPSux), helped with PokerVT. Maybe he can comment in this thread a little about it?
You guys can get a month free if you sign me up as new member or something right? If some1 will explain to me how this works and wants a month free CR then let me know.
Seems like i just need a CR username. Any takers?

Like I said I don't necessarily think that DN is failing at these ventures but rather that he's running bad in business deals.

I'll take issue with a few of the things that you've mentioned above.
Poker Mountain you agree w/me but point out it wasn't DN's fault.Stacked you agree w/ me.Book you agree w/me (it's way late is all).
Saying nobody liked the DVD is way off base. It did exactly what it was designed to do from an instructional standpoint and MTV was happy with the sales. A short DVD isn't supposed to tell you everything about poker.
Yeah, I should have qualified it more. Pretty much no one on this site liked it, IIRC. Doesn't mean it's bad or didn't sell but wasn't targeted at experienced poker players. I don't think many (any?) DVDs really are. However if we're using past examples to judge whether people here should wait for Poker VT it's perhaps a bit relevant.
I'm not directly involved in Poker VT but I know how much work is going into it before the launch. There are quite a few quality online training sites and Poker VT is going to be one of them and it's going to try some new ways to present the material, not just the same old videos. As far as I know Poker VT is still on schedule to launch late Spring which was the plan from the start.
I'm not saying that Poker VT won't be quality. I'm not saying that Poker VT will be late (though I'm taking the over on the launch date). Ok I'm not saying that Poker VT will be late through any fault of DNs. :club: I don't think you can really deny however that:- DN has at best a mixed track record with these kinds of projects- PokerVT is entering a fairly crowded market - CR/PXF/StoxAlso while he may be "going to try some new ways to present the material, not just the same old videos" I haven't heard/seen any of that.I wish DN all the best with Poker VT. I hope that when it launches it will launch to rave reviews and I'll be happy to sign up. Realistically though Poker VT is going to have a tough road to success and since I have no way of knowing that it'll be much better than CR when it launches I wouldn't recommend to someone to wait for Poker VT over going with CR now.
I'm debating CR or Stox. Stox mostly because of the Ed Miller "Poker Made Simple" series they're running. I've seen videos from both the were either demo or downloaded (cough*torrent*cough*pokerbay*cough). I'm surprised that Stox doesn't seem to get mentioned as much. They seem to have quality stuff. CR however is probably the largest and I believe the first and has the biggest stable of top name instructors.
I signed up for stox a few months ago and love it. The poker made simple series, so far, is really basic stuff. Bryce is an absolute beast, and his classroom videos really are great. Ive watched all of his videos and I don't even play LHE.
I considered it. His agent got ahold of my agent and they could never come to an agreement. sw?I actually just talked to Daniel about his training, and I know he is really excited about it. I'm pretty sure that our focus in regard to training is pretty different though. A long time ago someone asked me if I wanted to turn my training program into a commercial site. I had no real interest in doing that. I try and stay in touch with each of my students as often as I can through chat, e-mail and live sessions. That is something that is quite difficult when you are running a larger site.I still believe that when it comes to tournament poker, Daniel is one of the very best, if not the best in the world in explaining the how and why. People should get a lot out of his site.
I considered it. His agent got ahold of my agent and they could never come to an agreement. sw?I actually just talked to Daniel about his training, and I know he is really excited about it. I'm pretty sure that our focus in regard to training is pretty different though. A long time ago someone asked me if I wanted to turn my training program into a commercial site. I had no real interest in doing that. I try and stay in touch with each of my students as often as I can through chat, e-mail and live sessions. That is something that is quite difficult when you are running a larger site.I still believe that when it comes to tournament poker, Daniel is one of the very best, if not the best in the world in explaining the how and why. People should get a lot out of his site.
eh worth a shot. i guess what you teach wouldn't work in that format, which makes me all the more insanly curios just what it is. you still answering questions in that thread in strat? i have a few i'd like to ask. i guess another time when im not tired im just gonna post them and you can go answer them if you feel up to it.
  • 4 months later...