Make An Aggressive Play On The Bubble?

Lost the HH but situation450 places paid, 470 people left.I'm currently sitting about 30th in chips with a sizeable stack. Been taking quite a few pots unchallenged recently and in any showdowns in the last hours I've shown down good hands.Table has been super tight generally.Blinds are 500/1k .Hero - CO - 65k BB - 40k - 2nd largest at table.Folded to me, 8d 7d, I raise it up to 3k. The BB calls.Flop:Kd 8 4d.So I've picked up mid pair and FD - what's your move here?It's checked, I bet 4.5k as a continuation and get quite quickly called.Turn is a blank , checked - what do you bet here.I figure he has KJ+ or possibly a flush draw - seems unlikely due to my flush draw, can I get him off this due to the impending money bubble? Don't see this being a set, I think I'd have had resistance by now.1.Put him to a decision for all his chips?2.Check?3.Raise 1/3-1/2 pot?

I would take the free card in this spot. He's the only player who can put a big dent in your stack, don't risk it.Any 8 or 7 and you will probably beat him, as well as any diamond. If he misses and checks the river, you can get a cheap showdown UI.

peel one off, you believe you've got any 7/8/diamond so why risk being put to a decision if he crai on the turn. His snap call on the flop and check on the turn basically should buy him the next two cards unless you've got a set...and it's very possible he's got one already with his line.

How could this line be a set for the Villain with a flush draw out there, Al? Man, your advice is just plain bad today.Villain c/c on the flop and checks the turn. There's diamonds out there, why the hell would anyone play a set like this? It looks more like villain has a flush draw as well or possibly A8. I don't like a push because he only calls with something that has you crushed. I like a bet in this spot, about 1/3 to 1/2 the pot. Maybe more tho because I just don't see this guy having a set or KJ+ in the BB and checking the flop and turn. He's gotta have either a better flush draw, a weak K or a better kicker on his 8. Yeah, I'd bet something here.Craiger's advice isn't bad either tho. I could actually go either way, but lean towards betting.

How could this line be a set for the Villain with a flush draw out there, Al? Man, your advice is just plain bad today.Villain c/c on the flop and checks the turn. There's diamonds out there, why the hell would anyone play a set like this? It looks more like villain has a flush draw as well or possibly A8. I don't like a push because he only calls with something that has you crushed. I like a bet in this spot, about 1/3 to 1/2 the pot. Maybe more tho because I just don't see this guy having a set or KJ+ in the BB and checking the flop and turn. He's gotta have either a better flush draw, a weak K or a better kicker on his 8. Yeah, I'd bet something here.Craiger's advice isn't bad either tho. I could actually go either way, but lean towards betting.
So by your estimation we're behind at the moment in the pot on the bubble...and you suggest making a weak lead of less than half the pot with a hand that pretty much has to fold to a shove with only one card to go? Doesn't make sense...CONTROL THE POT SIZE!!!Just a question...what is your line if the villain shoves your 1/3 pot bet on the turn???*There's 16k in the pot at this particular point and the villain has about 32k remaining*

I was 80% sure he had KQ/KJ. Wondering if there was a bet that could get him off that. I don't think that 1/3-1/2 pot is good, you are pot committing him with essentially a draw (albeit a good one ~30%)In this occasion I actually put him all in, he went into the tank for most of his time bank and eventually called with KQ, the river was the fantastic Qd. I honestly thought he would fold it.In retrospect I think checking is definitely the correct play, you are getting a free draw to the winning hand with 9 diamonds + 2 8s + 3 7's = 14 outs (probably) and you can reevaluate the river if you miss.I was just trying to abuse the bubble with the shove but it was probably a little reckless given he could really make a hole in my stack.Do you think a reraise is an option if you check the turn. The river is an blank and he bets into you?Probably far too aggressive but I think that play looks like a better hand than top pair played throughout.Probably thinking far too much for a $5R tournament.

I was 80% sure he had KQ/KJ. Wondering if there was a bet that could get him off that. I don't think that 1/3-1/2 pot is good, you are pot committing him with essentially a draw (albeit a good one ~30%)In this occasion I actually put him all in, he went into the tank for most of his time bank and eventually called with KQ, the river was the fantastic Qd. I honestly thought he would fold it.In retrospect I think checking is definitely the correct play, you are getting a free draw to the winning hand with 9 diamonds + 2 8s + 3 7's = 14 outs (probably) and you can reevaluate the river if you miss.I was just trying to abuse the bubble with the shove but it was probably a little reckless given he could really make a hole in my stack.Do you think a reraise is an option if you check the turn. The river is an blank and he bets into you?Probably far too aggressive but I think that play looks like a better hand than top pair played throughout.Probably thinking far too much for a $5R tournament.
It's hard to correctly utilize multi level plays vs opponents who only think on one level. Your opponent was only thinking, "I have top pair good kicker, how can I get all in here?" I would have check called his whole stack to the river, and may have come over the top of you on the turn had you lead for 1/2 pot. The point for me lately has been to minimize tough decisions against unpredictable opponents, and sometimes that just isn't possible...but in this situation it was.
So by your estimation we're behind at the moment in the pot on the bubble...and you suggest making a weak lead of less than half the pot with a hand that pretty much has to fold to a shove with only one card to go? Doesn't make sense...CONTROL THE POT SIZE!!!Just a question...what is your line if the villain shoves your 1/3 pot bet on the turn???*There's 16k in the pot at this particular point and the villain has about 32k remaining*
A weak K or A8 should be folding their hands to a bet on the turn especially this close to the bubble. It's what we call a semi-bluff. That's why I like a bet here. If Villain can call or raise that, then I probably shut it down. I think 8k would be a good bet here and if he pushes for 24k more, then ya, we can fold. But KQ took a weird line here, hard to put someone on that hand when they check the flop and turn. If it was K9 or worse, he should probably be folding to a bet so why not take a stab?But I could go either way on betting or checking. That's why I said that in my first post.So Al, you never explained why you think Villain could likely have a set already.... KK?... don't think so.... 88?... well we have an 8.... So it's likely he has exactly 44? C'mon guy.