So, I Haven't Played In A While....

In short, the "grind" is now even more of a grind. There is still plenty of dead money in tourneys.
Sounds like this is where all of the money is nowadays. Any good new reading that has come out recently that I can benefit from? (I own the Harrington books) Does P5's or 2+2 have good advice when it comes to that or is it pretty much the same everywhere now?

I would suggest getting a subscription to Cardrunners if you are going to play NLHE cash games. They will give you a great idea about what is going on these days. The online scene has definitely tightened up from the Party Poker glory days but there are still plenty of morons to take money from. You just have to table select a little bit these days. As others have said, go to the challenge thread in gen po to get a good idea what some really good and successful NL cash game players are doing.

Can I use my debit card (I have mastercard and visa) to deposit on to Full Tilt or does the new ban keep us from doing that? I tried searching, but it still blows and I can't find a thread on e-checks...

Can I use my debit card (I have mastercard and visa) to deposit on to Full Tilt or does the new ban keep us from doing that? I tried searching, but it still blows and I can't find a thread on e-checks...
You can always try, but most won't work.
Doug,I use e-checks and have never had an issue. I deposit with them and get checks from the sites. I have wanted to cash out directly to my bank but am leery until I talk to someone else who has done it. Checks have always worked. Just have to wait a long time now to cash after depositing with e-checks, 10 days I think, where as back in the day you could have your cash in 48hrs by EFT or a week by mail. Now its at least 17 days or so.

Does anyone else find the SSN# aspect of e-checks a little disconcerting, or do the people that use e-checks not really worry about that at all?I've gone to deposit that way a couple of times, and every time I get to the SSN# field, I say to myself "I'm about to give a company with no authorization to operate in the US, with servers in a 3rd world country my SSN#", and back out of the deposit field. Just curious. I have less of a problem giving out my credit card number, because I know if it gets stolen I can fix the problem quickly and with minimal-to-no financial loss.

I just 3 tabled $11 sit and gos and in 2 after 30 minutes we still had the original 9 and 8 in the other. It is still very beatable at lower levels, just more of a grind then ever before. with the training sites out there the level of play has really come up. I still see alot of horrible play in mtt's but those players ussually go out the first hour and your left with a field of 80% competent mtt players. I find the cash games(at least full ring) full of 8 tabling nits.

Does anyone else find the SSN# aspect of e-checks a little disconcerting, or do the people that use e-checks not really worry about that at all?I've gone to deposit that way a couple of times, and every time I get to the SSN# field, I say to myself "I'm about to give a company with no authorization to operate in the US, with servers in a 3rd world country my SSN#", and back out of the deposit field. Just curious. I have less of a problem giving out my credit card number, because I know if it gets stolen I can fix the problem quickly and with minimal-to-no financial loss.
Like I said, it hasn't been an issue for me......so far.
So, depositing by echeck, I'm still waiting 2 1/2 weeks to play?
No, playing is instantaneous.
I think he meant cashing out.
Correct.
Sounds like this is where all of the money is nowadays. Any good new reading that has come out recently that I can benefit from? (I own the Harrington books) Does P5's or 2+2 have good advice when it comes to that or is it pretty much the same everywhere now?
Strat forums here/P5/PHaus/2+2 worlds beyond anything in print at this point, in terms of online poker. AINEC.
Yeah, it gives me shivers. I just take a deep breath and take a little solace in the fact that if they really wanted to screw me, by the time I got to that field they'd already have trojans shoved so far up my computers ass that me manually entering personal info was just a formality. saving them a little bit of time as a courtesy, at that point. On second thought, yikes.. :club:

Talk about the worst place to start this thread. You know 94.2666666666*...% of OT doesn't play poker right? I liked some of the responses.I wouldn't recommend playing at FTP. The tables are rock gardens compared to Stars (LHE and NL ring), the collusion detection is sketchy at best and their support licks bleeding dog anus. If you decide you want to play on FTP after trying Stars, or vise-versa, I can do a peer to peer transfer for you on either site. *based on a recent survey

Talk about the worst place to start this thread. You know 94.2666666666*...% of OT doesn't play poker right? I liked some of the responses.I wouldn't recommend playing at FTP. The tables are rock gardens compared to Stars (LHE and NL ring), the collusion detection is sketchy at best and their support licks bleeding dog anus. If you decide you want to play on FTP after trying Stars, or vise-versa, I can do a peer to peer transfer for you on either site. *based on a recent survey
QFTIf you don't plan on doing Rakeback + Deposit bonus, then Stars is the place to be. The players on FTP are a lot better and much more frustrating at the lower limits when you're trying to build a bankroll. I wouldn't play on FTP if I didn't have the guaranteed money and I really have to debate about what I'm going to do as soon as I clear the deposit bonus (which is soon). Stars players are much easier to beat, imo... Of course, if I'm wrong... then FTP is full of LAG people at low limits and my variance is just driving me nuts right now. Once I get a whole bunch more hands recorded on PT, I can decide if it's my game or the quality of the players. They are DEFINITELY less aggressive on Stars, though.
  • 2 weeks later...
wells fargo cards tend to work and I've heard Chase cards work too