1/2 NLhero 300villain 250villain is tight. almost tight passive. he is directly on my left.couple limps, hero raise from C/O to 15. villain call. folds around.flop8,5,5 rainbow. hero bet 25, villain raise to 60. hero call, (Can I afford to re-pop here? or is going to showdown more important? this villain will not stack off lightly)hero check dark.turn 4villain bet 60. hero call.river 9hero?? c/c? IMO we are ahead of JJ,10,10 only. Villain wont play A,8 this way. and 9's have filled up.

if hes tight passive and raising the flop i think its really tough to play because you do beat some hands...is he the type of player to call a pf raise with small suited connectors?and if you do make a small raise on the flop is he the type of player that with shove 99-jj, and does he flat call pf with those types of handsi think my line would have been to call the flop and make a donk lead on the turn and re evaluate given what sort of range he has

if hes tight passive and raising the flop i think its really tough to play because you do beat some hands...is he the type of player to call a pf raise with small suited connectors?and if you do make a small raise on the flop is he the type of player that with shove 99-jj, and does he flat call pf with those types of handsi think my line would have been to call the flop and make a donk lead on the turn and re evaluate given what sort of range he has
I dont know if suited connectors are in his pf raise calling range.from what i know about him just from this session is that he is tight. and because of that, its been difficult to see him play hands.
I dont know if suited connectors are in his pf raise calling range.from what i know about him just from this session is that he is tight. and because of that, its been difficult to see him play hands.
well if suited connectors arent in his range then the only hand you dont beat are 8's...unless he plays kings or aces like this, which might not suprise meand fwiw, with people as tight as this, i generally say, "well only hand i dont beat is this"....but they generally have that one hand

Anything about the bet sizing in your opinion? The repop is light and the turn bet is super light, almost as if he's just trying to avoid having to put a lot of money into a pot he's going to fold to a re-raise. But if he has a history of betting strong hands like this, then maybe you can c/c flop and turn and fold the river. I don't think I ever c/c this river (regardless of whether the nine hit) against a tighty who's not going to ever bet the river with a worse hand. I think you're either C/Cing or C/fing based on how absurdly tight the guy actually is. If he's tight passive like you said, I probably C/F most rivers. If he was a less tight passive, I would lead a non-j-9 river.

I think I would bet/fold. A passive player isn't going to raise the river with anything short of trips. He would probably check behind JJ or TT if we give him a chance, so check/call misses that value.

hero?? c/c? IMO we are ahead of JJ,10,10 only. Villain wont play A,8 this way. and 9's have filled up.
you need to ask yourself if he is capable of playing AA or KK like this (calling behind in position). would he ever call in position with 45s or 56s. i'm kinda narrowing his range to 88-AA with AA and KK being least likely. this really looks like an overpair. based on ur reads i think i ship the flop after his raise.

How tight and how passive is he? If he's really passive and you haven't seen him raising or betting a ton, I'd fold to his turn bet a lot.The river, I like a c/f if he's got any hand reading ability at all since it's pretty obvious you have a big pair and most people won't try and make their opponents fold a big pair.

is it at all possible villain has you put on AK and figures with that kind of flop your bet appears to be a cb, so he raises figuring to get you off the hand? but then I guess your call tells him that its probably not ak...anywoo, dont know how long he has been at table and what his image of you is...not a big fan of the checking dark....I would probably c/c.....he might even show you AK...

I play quite tight-passive in my 1/2 home game, so I'm asking myself what kind of hand I would play this way. The answer is most likely only something that has you beat. There is no way a tight-passive player is calling a PF raise with a 5, so for a player like that to feel confident raising a PF raiser on that flop he would have to be holding 88 or AA/KK (maybe JJ). His turn bet is a bit weak, which tells me he's either a bit apprehensive or he has a monster and doesn't want to scare you off (if I were holding AA even I would be betting more than 60 into that pot on the turn). That suggests either 88, JJ, or KK, with AA as a possibility. I think you have to slow down and check-call. If he's really tight-passive, he won't be making a huge bet on the river.

I would probably c/c.....he might even show you AK...
I think that's very unlikely. Betting AK unimproved on the river is a bluff. It doesn't seem like a tight/passive behavior.
By the river villain has $115 left and the pot is >$270.Shove. You can't fold to a bet, so don't give him a chance to check behind with JJ/TT.
****, good point.

If there is a good chance Hero is beaten, why would villain checking behind be such a bad thing? No tight-passive player is going to be playing a hand this way that he'd fold on the river.

By the river villain has $115 left and the pot is >$270.Shove. You can't fold to a bet, so don't give him a chance to check behind with JJ/TT.
Kinda what I was thinking. I almost wanted to say reraise the flop. Maybe check is OK, since villain gave us a relatively cheap turn bet.

the hand played out so quickly that i had a range picked out where i felt it was 50/50 on if i was ahead.If i took time to really think about it, I would have made a bet on the river. But I checked, and he checked behind showing JJ. He told me he would have paid off a bet on the river. we also talked more and he said "why didnt you re-raise the flop" so before i answered i asked if he folds to my re-raise, and he said yes.thx for replies

the hand played out so quickly that i had a range picked out where i felt it was 50/50 on if i was ahead.If i took time to really think about it, I would have made a bet on the river. But I checked, and he checked behind showing JJ. He told me he would have paid off a bet on the river. we also talked more and he said "why didnt you re-raise the flop" so before i answered i asked if he folds to my re-raise, and he said yes.thx for replies
Bump the stacks by $100 or more and you have a tough problem.
If there is a good chance Hero is beaten, why would villain checking behind be such a bad thing? No tight-passive player is going to be playing a hand this way that he'd fold on the river.
If he checks behind with his whole range, that's great. But he doesn't. He mostly checks behind with the hands we beat and mostly bets better hands.