Live Big Stack Crazy Plo/8 Hand

I play in a crazy home game which I have mentioned before. Not uncommon for many of the guys to have 2 grand on them in this game. We play a lot of 2-4 PLO/8 and 1-2 PLO/8. We actually cut back to 1-2 because the pot sizes were bigger and people gave much more action.So anyway the following hand came up last time we play just before Christmas. This is the craziest thing I have seen in the game.6 players dealt in. Everyone calls pre-flop because we pretty much do this blind in this game. Me and one other guy are the only ones who fold pre-flop to no raise. Raises occur about 40% of the time pre-flop and very rarely out of the blinds. $12 in pot preflop. Flop is As, 5s, 5h. SB checks, BB pots for $12. EP1 calls, next folds to CO who calls and the button and sb fold. 3 people to turn with $48 in the pot. BB has about $400, EP1 and CO have over a grand at least.Turn is 4s. BB pots for $48, EP1 calls, CO raises to $225, BB re-raises all-in which isn't a ton more (a litte more than $100 more), Then EP1 declares All-in for the grand. CO thinks a while before making the incredible move (however somewhat obvious) of folding quad fives face up. Have you ever seen someone fold quads knowing for a fact they are beat?Obviously the river doesn't matter. We will be talking about that hand for a while.Moral of the story though.... Do not slow play quads in Omaha on a low coordinated board, although in this situation both players would've at least called a late position re-pot from the button on the flop.I would love to hear commentary on who played this well/bad/etc.

Since its PLO8 you are playing - without knowing the players, I assume that there is no way that the EP1 would go all-in with only the 2 3 for low (ignoring the possibility of the straight flush for high).

Ya, CO has to be mighty sure that he's not folding his quads to Aces full. Truly one of the all time great folds.

EP1 had 2-3 spades. Straight flush wheel. It was a dirty hand.BB had AA. So we had aces full against, quad fives against the straight flush wheel.

• 2 weeks later...

i play plo8 a lot too, but i've never seen anything like that .... i would never fold 55 there :club: ... there is too great a chance both players have full houses with and nut lows. wow! sick hand.... but the guy with quads shouldnt have slowplayed on the flop, esp if there were people who already comminted money on the flop....

We play PLO and PLO8 1-2 for our home game also. Action is not that big, but has gotten close. Noooooo way anyone is folding 55 there. Infact half our game would have called with Ks Xs flush for the perceived nut flush prb. LOLYes that is insane, i will be talking about it for a while and I have no idea who you are.