if anyone could give me some suggestions on a base startegy that i will go by i have been working on one the last couple of days 6 players max 10 cent 20 cent blinds for instance hand AKs first postion/ second position- raise 3 time bb 3rd postion -raise 3 times bb, call 3bb or under raise button raise 3 times bb, call 5 bb or under raise? blinds call or raise ??? limp or raise if its called to you this isnt how i would play it its just an example if anybody could give me some suggestions on group 1 or 2 or 3 or even 4 hands and how to play them in what position in this format cheers

if anyone could give me some suggestions on a base startegy that i will go by i have been working on one the last couple of days  6 players max 10 cent 20 cent blinds  for instance  hand AKs  first postion/ second position- raise 3 time bb  3rd postion -raise 3 times bb, call 3bb or under raise  button raise 3 times bb, call 5 bb or under raise?  blinds call or raise ??? limp or raise if its called to you  this isnt how i would play it its just an example  if anybody could give me some suggestions on group 1 or 2 or 3 or even 4 hands and how to play them in what position in this format  cheers
first off. i have no idea what this format actually is.secondly. why don't you use early, middle, late, blinds as positions rather than numbers.thirdly. you really can't do it this way effectively. make a chart.

its 10-25 cent blinds. you have to play by feel. there are lots of suckers on those tables. you cant just go by some dumb ole chart and position raises. u gotta get in there and figure out the opponants playing styles then go from there. i crush those 25 and 50 buy in games they're simple.

me too man but you have to have a little bit of a plan you cant play any old handi turned 5 free dollars into 60 in only 2 hours playing NL 10 cent 20 cent and i wouldnt call myself very good

I watched Howard Lederer's Secrets To Holdem Poker, it explains a reasonable system for pre flop play. That said I would have to agree with PokerEyesOut that those games are really about getting a feel for the other players at the table. The simple fact is that someone calling 3xBB raise or even a re-raise pre flop doesn't tell you that much about there hand as they really have no idea how to play the cards they have. I have found that a profitable attitude to take in such games is simply to see the flop as cheaply as possible regardless of the hand you have. Hit the flop big, bet big. Callers are not difficult to find in 10/20 games.

There is no real strategy, you just have to figure out the players. You will see people raising oop with suited one gappers. They are usually pretty easy to spot after the flop, generally they will just check call or min bet with any kind of draw, if the river comes and there is any possibility for a straight or flush and they bump it way up, you know what has happened. Note and play accordingly from then on. The players are horrible at that level and while you will suffer some major suckouts it is probably the easiest money you will ever make.

I just read over my previous comment where I said "I have found that a profitable attitude to take in such games is simply to see the flop as cheaply as possible regardless of the hand you have". I didn't means play 72o and hope for a miracle, what I meant was don't raise with premium hands as you are likely to get the same amount of callers that you would have had you just flat called. Play these games and you will frequently see 5xBB raises called by 5 players and watch some poor guy get his AA cracked by K2o and other such rag hands. Generally the only way to win the money in the pot is by having the best hand as you will get called if you try to bluff so make sure the odds a seriously in your favour before commiting to a pot. Yes this is very annoying but the flip is they will pay to see your full house. Separate note. Patricnz, Carlos Spencer sighing for Northampton, what's that all about?

Dude hes struggling to make the blues first statring lineup because Daniel Carter will be taking his position at first five and hes coming to the end of his carrer so he wants to make alot more money before he retires

I've been very successful recently playing the 50 NL shorthanded game, and here is my strategy:I make pretty small preflop raises. If the blinds are 25/50, I'll raise almost every "raising hand" to about 150 to go. I like underbetting a little bit, because the players generally have such a poor grasp of strategy that pot-building, especially in late position, is a very good idea. Secondly, I like smooth-calling oversize raises in position with most good hands, especially hands with big cards. If I've got a hand like AKo, and someone makes a large raise and I'm in the cutoff seat, I'll probably just call, and hope to play a big pot. If I've got position, I don't like playing back nearly as often as I do in ring games. Chances are you're going to be heads-up to the flop anyways, and giving away the strength of your hand is counter-productive. Chances are he's going to lead at the flop most of the time anyway, and when this happens, he's so invested he might spew off a bunch of chips to you.Thirdly, I bluff at a lot of pots. Pay close attention to opponents bluffing patterns. People like setting traps. They usually don't play strong hands very strong. If there board is 3 9 9 2, and your opponent bets ten bucks into a five dollar pot, there's a very good chance he doesn't have the nine. He's scared. Play accordingly. Just a little bit of strategy that's probably all wrong... post some specific questions and I'll give you my take, if you like.Ice

ice < i like it, nice signatureThats very close to the way i play in the 10 cent 20 cent no limit 15 i worked my free 5 into 60 by sticking to that plan and it worked beuatifullyunfortuantely there was only a 50 cent 1 dollar NL game going and i had bigger bankrolls than the other players so i sat down and eventually got heads up with this guy bluffed when he had big hands and sufferd bad beats and lost it allso im not going to play higer than 25 cent bb until im 18im definetly not ready and dont have the finance to do soill hold of asking any questions as im getting alot of help from another FCPer but thanks alot for your input - its good to know im close in play to some of the more succesfull Lower Stakes NL players on the forum.

If there board is 3 9 9  2, and your opponent bets ten bucks into a five dollar pot, there's a very good chance he doesn't have the nine.  He's scared. Play accordingly.
Careful... your opponents may pick up on this and bet what they think you'll call, regardless of the pot size, with a full house.