2008 Poker After Dark Schedule

Assuming Light picked this line-up of players and emphasized the talkers, he should probably be talking more.What does 'Encore' mean in this context? They seem to differentiate it from Rebroadcast...so are they playing a new match with the same lineups as earlier ones?Also, 'Gus & Ladies' and 'Love At First Raise' ought to be pretty interesting. (I think I like the lineup on the latter, though other possible couples would've been Dan & Beth Shak, Chip & Karina Jett, and Brown & Rousso.) My brother suggested that they have an episode with poker couples that have broken up: Bill and Kristy Gazes, Daniel and Ng, Todd Brunson and Harman.

This Ken Light guy is a tremendous nit and about as engaging as a wet dish rag. This is one of the weakest PADs ever. But I'm a poker slut so I'll watch.*L*T*

This Ken Light guy is a tremendous nit and about as engaging as a wet dish rag. This is one of the weakest PADs ever. But I'm a poker slut so I'll watch.*L*T*
I think it is good-anything with Daniel, Hellmuth, and the Mouth together is good. Throw in Scotty and it is very entertaining. I am not surprised that Light isn't talking-he must be overwhelmed. I can't imagine I would be talking much either.

This Ken Light guy folds a lot of hands in late position that a lot of people would play. Unreal. Maybe he's too shell shocked that he's sitting at a table with 5 of his favorite pros? How could you not loosen up with all the talking going on though?

This Ken Light guy folds a lot of hands in late position that a lot of people would play. Unreal. Maybe he's too shell shocked that he's sitting at a table with 5 of his favorite pros? How could you not loosen up with all the talking going on though?
This & the above post are good assessments of this PAD. Seems like things are loosening up bit here on Wed. Mike must be taking his meds cuz he's pretty quiet for Mike. I'd like to see Ken make it to heads up. Prolly wishful thinking.*L*T*psHow did Ken Light qualify for this tournament. Was it a FT premotion?
This & the above post are good assessments of this PAD. Seems like things are loosening up bit here on Wed. Mike must be taking his meds cuz he's pretty quiet for Mike. I'd like to see Ken make it to heads up. Prolly wishful thinking.*L*T*psHow did Ken Light qualify for this tournament. Was it a FT premotion?
He won a tournament on fulltilt. I actually think it was a series of qualifiying tournaments.How about the story of Scotty's brother?

Everyone was giving DN a lot of respect on Wednesday's episode. I was pretty surprised because DN could be holding ATC and people are dropping out like flies. Ken Light folded KJ again from the CO. He folded KJ in the hijacker seat and the CO twice in a row on Tuesday's episode and he folded again last night in the CO. He's folding a lot of good cheap flop hands(like 75 suited, etc). I was surprised to see him play pocket 7s to be honest. It'd be nice to see him win a decent sized pot to see if it loosens him up some and actually interact with everyone at the table.

Maybe he's just trying to prolong his time at the table because he knows it's a once in a lifetime chance. He knows he's a big underdog to win so he probably doesn't want to get involved without a big hand, otherwise he's likely to get outplayed. Even so, I'm surprised he hasn't taken many shots, I mean he's the only one at the table that no one knows anything about. BTW, does anyone else not believe he was bluffing Daniel on that KT hand?

Ken Light is driving me nuts!!!All of a sudden hes talking, trying to guess hands, tell people what he is and what Hellmuth is thinking...He's making himself look like an idiot. How did he win anything to get this far?? Play a hand man!!

Did anyone else find it amusing when Hellmuth encouraged Light's play by telling him he was playing excellent poker (just so Light could get blinded down)?I couldn't really understand much of what he was saying, too much stuttering. I still can't believe he folded A J suited, K J, and A J offsuit preflop, although you could give him a pass for the AJ suited since Jen was waiting for a hand. All the other hands.... ehhh

Hellmuth wanted Light to call because he either was going to knock him out, or double him up and Hellmuth didn't care if he doubled up because he was very confident that he would eventually beat him.

• 2 weeks later...

the second week was far more entartaining.... not only were all players actually playing hands they were also having fun at the table.... but the third week will be sick i think.... the trash talkers all together :club: ...

Ken Light is driving me nuts!!!All of a sudden hes talking, trying to guess hands, tell people what he is and what Hellmuth is thinking...He's making himself look like an idiot. How did he win anything to get this far?? Play a hand man!!
Sorry this is a late response but I tivo'd the series and just got around to watching it last night...I too was frustrated by the hands Light was folding. I was thinking, you're in a great situation, playiing with some of the best players in the world....why not take this opportunity and learn? And the way you learn is by playing hands and getting in the action. I found myself yelling at the tv on more than one ocassion lol. I can bet that he was prob. nervous as hell but those nerves might have subsided if he played more hands. And I didnt like the way he was talking near the end....found it kinda disrespectful in a way.

Is Gavin Smith really this annoying to play with? Is it just me, or does it seem like he says: "This is bullshit" every other hand? Pretty irritating listening to him ramble about whatever. He's been making some hellacious lay downs though.

lol.... hellmuth won his 2nd PAD title. now by sticking out his 2 index fingers he can not only show the number of bracelets but also how many PAD he has won, lol.dont you find it annoying to see how poorly PAD is structured at the end? the blinds go up from like 1000-2000 to 1500-3000 after like 3 or 4 hands :club: .... all the shows have coinflips at the end for all the money. it doesnt matter how good you play you can still win it. in the last match, shawn had like 75000 3way and still managed to lose. same thing happened to ivey the match before and so many other times. it seems like it doesnt matter how good you play in the first 80% of the show as long as you can get lucky in the end when it matters. what do u think?

I think the structure is fine. It's the beauty of editing that makes it seem like after 3 or 4 hands the blinds jump. In reality it's probably like 6 or 7? But I can't believe Hellmuth won again. I'm still waiting for the show to be uploaded on to pokertube.

I think the structure is fine. It's the beauty of editing that makes it seem like after 3 or 4 hands the blinds jump. In reality it's probably like 6 or 7? But I can't believe Hellmuth won again. I'm still waiting for the show to be uploaded on to pokertube.
You can watch it on NBC.com in a much bigger, clearer screen ya know? Yea, you gotta see an advertisement every 7 minutes just like on TV, but oh well.
I watch all five episodes during the week, but for some reason the director's cut doesn't air where I live. Can I watch it online? And is it even worth watching?
Bookmark the link in the original post, select "Watch Poker After Dark" as shown below:http://www.nbcsports.com/pokerThe episodes, including the Director's Cut, are available the next day. The Director's Cut is okay. It's a summary of the previous week.