Michigan Home Game Laws?

I am interested in starting a monthly home game. With a small rake to be paid back in an annual championship tourney. With points accrued throghout the year, making up larger starting stacks for the players who garnered those points, throughout the year. I was wondering if anyone could discuss the legalities of this type of game in the state of Michigan.Thanks in advance.

As long as you aren't taking a rake as a profit from holding the game, I believe it's ok.I'm kind of sketchy on the actual laws on holding home games in Michigan, someone else probably has more info on it.

I go to a monthly home game once a month that has been running for like 12 years or something. We have a grand prix where a certain amount of every buy in is set aside for the top three point getters at the end of 6 months. Cops have played from what I have been told and there were no issues. I believe the organizer told us that as long as no rake is being kept for his personal use then all is good.

I go to a monthly home game once a month that has been running for like 12 years or something. We have a grand prix where a certain amount of every buy in is set aside for the top three point getters at the end of 6 months. Cops have played from what I have been told and there were no issues. I believe the organizer told us that as long as no rake is being kept for his personal use then all is good.
How many regulars are attending these on avg? Also how are the points distributed?
How many regulars are attending these on avg? Also how are the points distributed?
Anywhere was 8-16 or so. Average is around 12.We play once a month. 2 $25 NLHE Tourney's. $2.50 is taken out of each buyin to go towards the Grand Prix.You get 1 point for paying the 2.50 (That was if someone misses a game, they can pay $2.50 to get their point)Basic point system.no. of players in tourney/position +1 =So of 10 players 10/3rd place + 1 = 4.33

432.202 (v) "Gambling game" means any game played with cards, dice, equipment or a machine, including any mechanical, electromechanical or electronic device which shall include computers and cashless wagering systems, for money, credit, or any representative of value, including, but not limited to ...poker... or any other game or device approved by the board, but does not include games played with cards in private homes or residences in which no person makes money for operating the game, except as a player.

432.202 (v) "Gambling game" means any game played with cards, dice, equipment or a machine, including any mechanical, electromechanical or electronic device which shall include computers and cashless wagering systems, for money, credit, or any representative of value, including, but not limited to ...poker... or any other game or device approved by the board, but does not include games played with cards in private homes or residences in which no person makes money for operating the game, except as a player.
Thanks alot for this I was looking for something like this. I tried searching michigan.gov and couldn't find this.
Be sure not to invite Jim Tressel. He would surely win.
Leave the sweater vest, vice principle, and god of Michigans armpit out of this.Hopefully Rich is the answerSay good bye to Lloyd cooper
ahhhh yes. Tressel. ahem. Cheaters are not allowed at Michigan home games, but thanks for the tip-top advice. P
Dude.I am a total Michigan (Go Blue!) fan....but unless I've missed something, Tressel has OWNED us with out the cheatage. I supported Carr as a great man and a great coach, even thru the losses to The Ohio State University (God how I love how stupid they sound when they emphasize the word "The") - but the first two games of the year this year meant Carr HAD to go. He is still a great man, was was a very good coach.I for one would LOVE to know that Tressel "cheated".
Dude.I am a total Michigan (Go Blue!) fan....but unless I've missed something, Tressel has OWNED us with out the cheatage. I supported Carr as a great man and a great coach, even thru the losses to The Ohio State University (God how I love how stupid they sound when they emphasize the word "The") - but the first two games of the year this year meant Carr HAD to go. He is still a great man, was was a very good coach.I for one would LOVE to know that Tressel "cheated".
Maurice Clarett and plenty of conjecture?------------------------------------------------Point well taken. There is no denying UM has nearly reached "John Cooper" status the last few years. Also, I am very happy that Michigan and it's tired brand of football will get some updating, and hopefully bring it's integrity and tradition with it as it joins the rest of the country in the 21st Century.ok, I'm out, Merry Christmas everybody. I hope Santa brings that Royal Flush just like you asked! P
Maurice Clarett and plenty of conjecture?------------------------------------------------Point well taken. There is no denying UM has nearly reached "John Cooper" status the last few years. Also, I am very happy that Michigan and it's tired brand of football will get some updating, and hopefully bring it's integrity and tradition with it as it joins the rest of the country in the 21st Century.ok, I'm out, Merry Christmas everybody. I hope Santa brings that Royal Flush just like you asked! P
With my luck it'll be on the Board for a chop pot (I'll have pocket 98 sooted in the same suit as the Royal for a flooped straight flush)Be safe.