The Final Chapter?

Methinks you don't understand what genocide is.
Oh, I do. The question remains, and the answer is the same. It IS possible that a group of people-however divided- would deserve to be dead in Gods eyes. Of course, you would have to be able to know all and see all to judge that, but, whatever.
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have racist tendencies. That's ridiculous.
ok. if you want me to call it something less confrontational, you have christian elitist tendencies. how else can you possibly convince yourself that genocide is ever morally justifiable?
ok. if you want me to call it something less confrontational, you have christian elitist tendencies. how else can you possibly convince yourself that genocide is ever morally justifiable?
I don't. Biblically, God does. He likes his people better. There is absolutely nothing I can do about that. It is what it is. He promises protection to his people and none to those who aren't his people. Genocide could me morally justifiable if, you could see the future, and you saw nothing but evil from that group of people. It's possible- that being said, I cannot see the future. I mean, you do realize he plans on killing EVERYBODY at some point, why should I worry about a miniscule portion of that? Eventually, he will look down and see nobody that can be saved anymore. He promises as long as there is one, he will not send his son back. Thats a huge promise right there- it goes to show how much he is willing to put up with if just ONE would follow him. So, I have to assume that anyone Genocided didn't even have one.
Oh, I do. The question remains, and the answer is the same. It IS possible that a group of people-however divided- would deserve to be dead in Gods eyes. Of course, you would have to be able to know all and see all to judge that, but, whatever.
So... you and I don't deserve the same fate?
I don't. Biblically, God does. He likes his people better. There is absolutely nothing I can do about that. It is what it is. He promises protection to his people and none to those who aren't his people Genocide could me morally justifiable if, you could see the future, and you saw nothing but evil from that group of people. It's possible- that being said, I cannot see the future. I mean, you do realize he plans on killing EVERYBODY at some point, why should I worry about a miniscule portion of that? Eventually, he will look down and see nobody that can be saved anymore. He promises as long as there is one, he will not send his son back. Thats a huge promise right there- it goes to show how much he is willing to put up with if just ONE would follow him. So, I have to assume that anyone Genocided didn't even have one.
excuses. if god cared that humans advanced morally he would have had much more success leading by example rather than by commanding genocide. you would think god would be smart enough to forsee that in the modern world a lot of people wouldn't accept that the christian god could possibly be the true god because his supposed OT actions clash with human morality. to become a christian you are forced to *assume* that there is some overarching purpose to god's barbarism - that we aren't just the playthings of a malicious god who picks favorites and slaughters the rest.
Boy, I wish I knew you better, and I wish I was God as well, then I could actually answer that question.
There are a ton of verses in the Bible that support the theology that everyone has sinned equally and are therefore all condemned without Christ... I may have misunderstood you but weren't you basically saying, "They worshipped false gods, they were worse, and therefore deserved to die?"
There are a ton of verses in the Bible that support the theology that everyone has sinned equally and are therefore all condemned without Christ... I may have misunderstood you but weren't you basically saying, "They worshipped false gods, they were worse, and therefore deserved to die?"
Apparently God made that call. Think of it this way- lets say he could look at a group of 30,000 people and say, "I see the future, none of these people will ever worship me. There is no hope for them." He could, as God, decide to eliminate that group of people. It's bad for business to have large groups running around worshipping idols and such the like. As far as nowadays go, theoretically he could still do that, but can we say that he has? No.
excuses. if god cared that humans advanced morally he would have had much more success leading by example rather than by commanding genocide. you would think god would be smart enough to forsee that in the modern world a lot of people wouldn't accept that the christian god could possibly be the true god because his supposed OT actions clash with human morality. to become a christian you are forced to *assume* that there is some overarching purpose to god's barbarism - that we aren't just the playthings of a malicious god who picks favorites and slaughters the rest.
See, your thinking with your now brain. If you lived 2000 years ago the threat of death was a really good reason to worship something. Lol, all your line of thinking does is prove what I said in Simo's new thread. "Excuses. I am smarter than God." Really? So you know all and see all as well, eh? Sweet. Must really suck to be bound in this human form. Oh, the the things you could do if you were just a God. You don't see how arrogant that is, and probably never will. Here is a question- you know of God. You see the Bible, you see Christ example, you know how God wants to be worshipped, etc. Is anyone forcing you to NOT follow him? No. It's your choice. So, whether you see yourself as a plaything or not is irrelevant, because in reality you are not. You can do exactly as you like in this life, the power is yours- that's Gods gift to you. One thing you ARE smart enough to realize is this- it's possible that Gods actions are completely justified. It's possible that the people he commanded to die would do nothing but evil if allowed to live. That's POSSIBLE, even PROBABLE, given the barbaric times, and you KNOW it. I know you know it's possible, you are smart enough to see it. You are also smart enough to realize that it's best to never concede anything like that in public forum in a confrontation like this, so really I expect you to deny that the possibility even exists. Ask yourself this- if so evil, why not just kill everybody?
See, your thinking with your now brain. If you lived 2000 years ago the threat of death was a really good reason to worship something. Lol, all your line of thinking does is prove what I said in Simo's new thread. "Excuses. I am smarter than God." Really? So you know all and see all as well, eh? Sweet. Must really suck to be bound in this human form. Oh, the the things you could do if you were just a God. You don't see how arrogant that is, and probably never will. Here is a question- you know of God. You see the Bible, you see Christ example, you know how God wants to be worshipped, etc. Is anyone forcing you to NOT follow him? No. It's your choice. So, whether you see yourself as a plaything or not is irrelevant, because in reality you are not. You can do exactly as you like in this life, the power is yours- that's Gods gift to you. One thing you ARE smart enough to realize is this- it's possible that Gods actions are completely justified. It's possible that the people he commanded to die would do nothing but evil if allowed to live. That's POSSIBLE, even PROBABLE, given the barbaric times, and you KNOW it. I know you know it's possible, you are smart enough to see it. You are also smart enough to realize that it's best to never concede anything like that in public forum in a confrontation like this, so really I expect you to deny that the possibility even exists. Ask yourself this- if so evil, why not just kill everybody?
nice sermon

I don't really want to speak for CrowT at all, but I want to bash at the easy response of "you're saying you're smarter then god".In the words of Dr. Cox "wrong wrong wrong wrong, wrong wrong wrong wrong, you're wrong" :PI'm, personally, saying that the god of the bible is not a god I would want to worship even if I did believe. And not just because of the illogical things that we see.Let me give you a long drawn out exampleFrom my sig we question god with this:

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.Is he both able and willing? The whence cometh evil?Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" Epicurus (341-271 BC)
Alright, so we have a problem that is not answered by the book. The answer you're giving us is that we just need to believe that god has his reasons for everything that he does and that we're being arrogant for questioning him. That just brings up ANOTHER issue.Lois, the ONLY way we can tell if something is worthy is by using OUR OWN judgement. That applies to the CHRISTIAN religion. You're telling me to ignore the unanswered question and just believe. I almost feel that you're trying to tell me that I'm arrogant for even asking the above quote which is absurd. You would never tell your children to do anything else with blind faith. You teach them to question everything. ESPECIALLY weird white guys with unmarked vans offering candy. It is not arrogant to point out the problems of the god that the Christians present. It is human to question what doesn't make sense. Which brings up another incosistnecy. God wants us to make the choice to worship him blindly... if god wants humans to be so adapt at blind faith, then humans would, consistently, believe in ALL kinds of gods other then him. You're saying that he gives us choice AND the ability to reason. Utilizing our human ability to reason, it is quite obvious that the Christian god presented requires a stretch of imagination. He practically made us in a manner that will make it difficult for us to believe in him.Bah.
Being able but not willing, makes him a teacher not malevolent
...................what?"being able to stop evil and not stopping it"that has nothing to do with being a teacher.it sounds like you're just trying to use the convenient excuse of 'all knowing, all powerful, big plan, allows evil for a purpose'.if i saw you, a trained citizen with a concealed weapon, watching some guy mow down people in the mall with an automatic weapon... and you had the shot, the opportunity, etc... and you didn't take it ........ wow, i would put you right under the guy mowing down the people in the mall on the "damn, that's evil" list.
One thing you ARE smart enough to realize is this- it's possible that Gods actions are completely justified. It's possible that the people he commanded to die would do nothing but evil if allowed to live. That's POSSIBLE, even PROBABLE, given the barbaric times, and you KNOW it. I know you know it's possible, you are smart enough to see it. You are also smart enough to realize that it's best to never concede anything like that in public forum in a confrontation like this, so really I expect you to deny that the possibility even exists. Ask yourself this- if so evil, why not just kill everybody?
Genocide could me morally justifiable if, you could see the future, and you saw nothing but evil from that group of people. It's possible- that being said, I cannot see the future. I mean, you do realize he plans on killing EVERYBODY at some point, why should I worry about a miniscule portion of that? Eventually, he will look down and see nobody that can be saved anymore. He promises as long as there is one, he will not send his son back. Thats a huge promise right there- it goes to show how much he is willing to put up with if just ONE would follow him. So, I have to assume that anyone Genocided didn't even have one.

lolyou guys either have memories that are too good or too much time on your hands to find these quotes :club:

lolyou guys either have memories that are too good or too much time on your hands to find these quotes :club:
Good memory, nah. I was just reading through this thread for the first time, and thought the contradicting statements were quite funny.
  • 3 weeks later...

The fact that you can't see the two lines of thought is beyond sad at this point, and make no mistake, that's a pointed barb at you. You actually requested that I come an look at this question? Come on. You and I both know that you are smarter than this. One is referring to just killing people arbitrarily, we were talking about people that he sent his people to battle in the Old Testament, and the fact that he didn't just sent the, after everyone. He had clear choices and reasons why he wanted certain people punished. One is referring to the idea that eventually there will be no souls left to save, and time for him to send his son back to take his faithful followers into heaven, judgement day, where, obviously, everybody dies.

Or they just aren't really paying attention. It's all about the ownage. Someday you and I will have a drink together and have a blast. I have a feeling we would really get along.
Or they just aren't really paying attention. It's all about the ownage. Someday you and I will have a drink together and have a blast. I have a feeling we would really get along.
hahasomeday right?Let me know when you're in Bakersfield and I'm sure we'll have a very interesting time at the bar.