700 Club's Pat Robertson Backs Rudy

In one of the crassest political moves of all time, Evangelist Pat Robertson had come out in support of Rudy Guiliani, despite the fact that he's pretty much the only pro-abortion, pro-gay rights of the Republican candidates.http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/11/07/...i-Robertson.phpWhat do you think the over/under is on what Rudy had to pay Pat Robertson to get this endorsement? What a hypocritical slime bucket. It would be different if this was the general, and it was Rudy against like Hillary, and he took the lesser of two evils or what ever.. What a clown Robertson is, it saddens me he has so much influence of the American electorate.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an actual surprise? Did you think Pat was always who he claimed to be?
Yes it is a suprise, but no I did think Pat was whom he claimed to be. I Didn't think, however, he would make such an openly corrupt endorsement, that would fly in the face of millions of his supporters values. I would put the over/under of what Rudy shelled out at 2 million
Very hypocritical, especially considering there are other Republican candidates out there that haven't been married 3 times. I'll take the over on the 2 million. Buying the religious right doesn't come cheap.
You're probably right. This is really the culmination of a career of conning naive but well meaning people out of their money... all the time he spent building a "legitimate" religious/political movement.. he now gets to cash in his chips, and whore himself out to the highest bidder. I don't know how he's going to sell this to his 700 club members.

"Never forget" (pun!) that Rudy was at the forefront of the Sep 11 tragedy, and the rebuilding process that followed. That carries far, far more weight than his political views. He is an incredibly strong representative of our nation's resiliancy, and pretty much anyone in the public spot light is going to jump on the chance to be in his corner. He's part of the reason the Republicans have been so quiet thus far: it's pretty much in the bag. Barrack and Hilary are doing fine dragging each other down. No one got much bad to say about Rudy (except for Big D apparently). I hate politics. I hate both parties. I hate the fact I don't have Greenspan to put my faith in anymore. So don't be calling me some right wing zealot. You asked why PR would back Rudy, there is your answer. It shows the true power of the Rudy tsunami that he can get the friggin 700 Club endorsement being pro-choice.As for the "gay" thing, I'm sure he's explained to Pat that married people have less sex, so encouraging gays to get married would actually decrease "gay sex" nationwide. This is the kind of meta-game thinking the republican party has lacked in recent years. :club:

"Never forget" (pun!) that Rudy was at the forefront of the Sep 11 tragedy, and the rebuilding process that followed. That carries far, far more weight than his political views. He is an incredibly strong representative of our nation's resiliancy, and pretty much anyone in the public spot light is going to jump on the chance to be in his corner. He's part of the reason the Republicans have been so quiet thus far: it's pretty much in the bag. Barrack and Hilary are doing fine dragging each other down. No one got much bad to say about Rudy (except for Big D apparently). I hate politics. I hate both parties. I hate the fact I don't have Greenspan to put my faith in anymore. So don't be calling me some right wing zealot. You asked why PR would back Rudy, there is your answer. It shows the true power of the Rudy tsunami that he can get the friggin 700 Club endorsement being pro-choice.As for the "gay" thing, I'm sure he's explained to Pat that married people have less sex, so encouraging gays to get married would actually decrease "gay sex" nationwide. This is the kind of meta-game thinking the republican party has lacked in recent years. :club:
I wasn't saying anything bad about Guilani, He's probably the republican candidate I find least repugnant. I was trashing Robertson for being such a blatant sell out towards his purported core values. The "True power" is also known as "massive bribe" There's no way Robertson did this without getting a massive amount of money from somebody.
You're probably right. This is really the culmination of a career of conning naive but well meaning people out of their money... all the time he spent building a "legitimate" religious/political movement.. he now gets to cash in his chips, and whore himself out to the highest bidder. I don't know how he's going to sell this to his 700 club members.
Exactly. Now I'm in the mood for some Hitchens.
I wasn't saying anything bad about Guilani, He's probably the republican candidate I find least repugnant. I was trashing Robertson for being such a blatant sell out towards his purported core values. The "True power" is also known as "massive bribe" There's no way Robertson did this without getting a massive amount of money from somebody.
Oh i know you weren't trashing Rudy, I just think you are undervaluing Pat's desire to back a winner, it might not have been monetarily-induced by Rudy's backers. I think backing a "winner" generates plenty of money for Pat and Co., which, indirectly, proves your poinit. If Robertson backed Hilary, THEN I would play the "money" card :club:
"Never forget" (pun!) that Rudy was at the forefront of the Sep 11 tragedy, and the rebuilding process that followed. That carries far, far more weight than his political views. He is an incredibly strong representative of our nation's resiliancy, and pretty much anyone in the public spot light is going to jump on the chance to be in his corner.
yea he was at the forfront of the sep 11 tragedy by default. he handled it well but he didnt do anything extraordinary. that shouldnt carry much weight.
Oh i know you weren't trashing Rudy, I just think you are undervaluing Pat's desire to back a winner, it might not have been monetarily-induced by Rudy's backers. I think backing a "winner" generates plenty of money for Pat and Co., which, indirectly, proves your poinit. If Robertson backed Hilary, THEN I would play the "money" card :club:
As far as many on the religious right are concerned, Rudy is Hillary. There's plenty of time to "back a winner" when the primaries are over. He just could have stayed silent, waited to see who won the primary and then thrown support behind them to take on Hillary or Obama. But backing Rudy now is completely pivotal for his campaign.. Pat R's support at this point is when it would be most valuable, so call me cynical, but I don't think he did it out of genuine conviction.
yea he was at the forfront of the sep 11 tragedy by default. he handled it well but he didnt do anything extraordinary. that shouldnt carry much weight.
The thing is, nobody else is any more qualified either. Wth has Obama ever done significantly? Or Hillary for that matter? If not for her being a woman, who thinks she is a man (but then plays the "poor me" gender card when things get rough), and if not for the fad factor of the possibility of electing the 1st woman president, aaaand if not for the fact that, for most Democrats, voting for her will be the next best thing to getting Billy back in office,.....hell. She really has not done a damn thing to warrant getting elected.Socialized medicine? BAWAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!There is no free lunch folks! you will PAY for medical care whether the Gov. taxes your assoff and runs it into the ground, or you pay your assoff in the form of payroll deductions. The bottom line is YOU WILL PAY FOR IT EITHER WAY!The problem is you will end up with less access to fewer doctors and longer waits if the fed. ever gets hold of this thing.F*CK Socialized medicine, or anything for that matter. There are other ways to fix this....
The thing is, nobody else is any more qualified either. Wth has Obama ever done significantly? Or Hillary for that matter? If not for her being a woman, who thinks she is a man (but then plays the "poor me" gender card when things get rough), and if not for the fad factor of the possibility of electing the 1st woman president, aaaand if not for the fact that, for most Democrats, voting for her will be the next best thing to getting Billy back in office,.....hell. She really has not done a damn thing to warrant getting elected.Socialized medicine? BAWAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!There is no free lunch folks! you will PAY for medical care whether the Gov. taxes your assoff and runs it into the ground, or you pay your assoff in the form of payroll deductions. The bottom line is YOU WILL PAY FOR IT EITHER WAY!The problem is you will end up with less access to fewer doctors and longer waits if the fed. ever gets hold of this thing.F*CK Socialized medicine, or anything for that matter. There are other ways to fix this....
LOL?Please don't derail this thread with genuine ( and asinine) political debate. This thread is for Robertson trashing.

Pat Robertson is probably the smartest ************ in most any room he sits in. His greatest genius lies in his effortless ability to convince people that he's a simple, Religious man with a folksy southern draw when in reality, he's a power broker who has seized on a large segment of the vote and brokers it no different than a reservation Injun peddles a souvenir blanket to pie-eyed tourists from Minnesota. He's like a Bill Clinton type. He makes you think that he's "one of us" by virtue of whatever issues he supports, but in reality, he's thinking about ten levels higher than the American population- both his supporters and detractors alike.If you examine history, the most dangerous people aren't the folks everyone knows is a genius; no, the most dangerous people are the ones who are able to manipulate the levers of power with a geniuses premeditation without anyone realizing how smart they really are. Robertsons use of religion as a socoipolitical tool allows him to puppet his supporters and opponents equally- simply because, he's so much smarter than they are. The tards who wax and foam about him because of the whole Athiest anti-god thing are his chattel no different than those who support him for the same reasons.

Pat Robertson is probably the smartest ************ in most any room he sits in. His greatest genius lies in his effortless ability to convince people that he's a simple, Religious man with a folksy southern draw when in reality, he's a power broker who has seized on a large segment of the vote and brokers it no different than a reservation Injun peddles a souvenir blanket to pie-eyed tourists from Minnesota. He's like a Bill Clinton type. He makes you think that he's "one of us" by virtue of whatever issues he supports, but in reality, he's thinking about ten levels higher than the American population- both his supporters and detractors alike.If you examine history, the most dangerous people aren't the folks everyone knows is a genius; no, the most dangerous people are the ones who are able to manipulate the levers of power with a geniuses premeditation without anyone realizing how smart they really are. Robertsons use of religion as a socoipolitical tool allows him to puppet his supporters and opponents equally- simply because, he's so much smarter than they are. The tards who wax and foam about him because of the whole Athiest anti-god thing are his chattel no different than those who support him for the same reasons.
Scram can you please change your sig pic? I actually enjoy reading some of your post but I ignore the longer ones because I do not want to stare at whatever that picture is of. I know this will probably make you keep it there longer, but I figured I should try.
Pat Robertson is probably the smartest ************ in most any room he sits in. His greatest genius lies in his effortless ability to convince people that he's a simple, Religious man with a folksy southern draw when in reality, he's a power broker who has seized on a large segment of the vote and brokers it no different than a reservation Injun peddles a souvenir blanket to pie-eyed tourists from Minnesota. He's like a Bill Clinton type. He makes you think that he's "one of us" by virtue of whatever issues he supports, but in reality, he's thinking about ten levels higher than the American population- both his supporters and detractors alike.If you examine history, the most dangerous people aren't the folks everyone knows is a genius; no, the most dangerous people are the ones who are able to manipulate the levers of power with a geniuses premeditation without anyone realizing how smart they really are. Robertsons use of religion as a socoipolitical tool allows him to puppet his supporters and opponents equally- simply because, he's so much smarter than they are.
Oh, I wasn't trying to say that Robertson is a moron. To run a con like he does, to wield the clout that he does is truly an impressive feat. He's one of the most successful con-men in history, I have a certain cold respect for it. It will be interesting to see how he pulls this one off without alienating his base, knowing how hostile his core followers are to Rudy.
Scram can you please change your sig pic? I actually enjoy reading some of your post but I ignore the longer ones because I do not want to stare at whatever that picture is of. I know this will probably make you keep it there longer, but I figured I should try.
"what ever that picture is of" Were you raised in Soviet Russia or by Gypsies? That's Skeletor, you barbarian. More evidence you should make the change to Red Skull, however, scram.
They aren't as hostile as you think.They ARE as manipulatable as you think.
We'll see. My mom is pretty much a one issue voter ( that is, abortion) and while not specifically a 700 club member, definitely part of the religious right voting block, and she's horrified by Robertson backing Rudy.
OK, I changed it.
We'll see. My mom is pretty much a one issue voter ( that is, abortion) and while not specifically a 700 club member, definitely part of the religious right voting block, and she's horrified by Robertson backing Rudy.
One issue voters are what they are.(Guns, abortion, "the environment", etc)The golden fleece lies with everyone else.
One issue voters are what they are.(Guns, abortion, "the environment", etc)The golden fleece lies with everyone else.
Oh, he was talking about your sig pic LOL I need to get to sleep, my reading comprehension is slipping.I understand that, but I guess what I'm saying is that Robertson's core followers, if not one issue voters, consider abortion and the protection of "family values" to be right near the tippy top. It will be an interesting trick to pull off, I may have to watch a little 700 club this week to see how he does it.