Nova On Id Issue

an episode of NOVA will air Nov 13 on the dover trail, which was about whether teaching the theory of ID is appropriate for science classes:http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/id/although ID is thoroughly bashed as science, it also looks like they are espousing that god is not a scientific hypothesis and scientific reason (including darwinism) and religious faith are separate spheres that are completely compatable - which, although it seems to currently be the politically correct thing to do, i think is just an intellectual cop-out. at least it is a step in the right direction.

If I had seen beforehand that this judge had been appointed by Bush and supported by Santorum, I would think that evolutionary theorists were fighting an uphill battle. Luckily though, there are still good judges out there. Having ID be constitutional to teach would be terrible for progress, and we'd be the laughing stock of the western world. We're already falling further and further behind in the educational system, and another setback is really unacceptable. Seeing what Bush has done to education already is no help (i.e. "No Child Left Behind" = "No Child Allowed to Move Forward"). School is not a situation where we're supposed to be only as strong as our weakest link. I'm going on a rant here I guess, so I'll just finish with saying good job to the judge.I'm also looking forward to the program.

• 2 weeks later...
bump this is on tonight
i will honestly pay someone 5 dollars + all shipping costs if they are able to put this on a dvd and send it to me, as my roommate is monopolizing the tv (and i'm otherwise busy) and can't do it myself. alternatively, does nova get streamed online?
i will honestly pay someone 5 dollars + all shipping costs if they are able to put this on a dvd and send it to me, as my roommate is monopolizing the tv (and i'm otherwise busy) and can't do it myself. alternatively, does nova get streamed online?
the whole episode will be up at the above site nov 16

The 'recreations' of the court case and all the other scenes with actors were terrible. It made it REALLY hard to watch.

Ok, the acting was terrible, but it's Nova so you shouldve known that coming in.I think it gives a fair description of the events that transpired, but there did seem to be some bias towards evolutionary theory. Maybe that's because it's the only one that follows logic. That said, maybe a Christian who was watching the same show would get a different impression since they don't believe in the same concepts of scientific method and logic that I do.If you can get by the acting, the documentary is very informative, and shows what some people will go through to get god in public schools.