***the Official Chicago Bulls Thread***

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Skiles was an awesome player... I can't say much about him as a coach

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently we're restarting our trade talks with Memphis about Gasol.We need to make a trade. Barkley was correct when he said even if the Bulls play at their very best, they're not good enough.

• 5 weeks later...

Three team trade:Chicago gets Drew Gooden, Larry Hughes, Cedric Simmons, and Shannon BrownCleveland gets Ben Wallace, Joe Smith, Delonte West, and Wally SzczerbiakSeattle gets Ira Newble, Adrian Griffin, and Donyell MarshallMeh, this trade is pretty meaningless to the Bulls, but they finally get rid of Wallace's contract.

Three team trade:Chicago gets Drew Gooden, Larry Hughes, Cedric Simmons, and Shannon BrownCleveland gets Ben Wallace, Joe Smith, Delonte West, and Wally SzczerbiakSeattle gets Ira Newble, Adrian Griffin, and Donyell MarshallMeh, this trade is pretty meaningless to the Bulls, but they finally get rid of Wallace's contract.
Sure you got rid of Wallace's contract, but your not saving a whole lot. You picked up the one the only LARRY HUGHES and his 12 million / year contract which runs for two years AFTER this season. So you basically save about 7 million.I'm not sure how familiar with The Hughes.....but check out Heylarryhughespleasestoptakingsomanybadshots.com. It should catch you up on all you need to know.Good Luck
Sure you got rid of Wallace's contract, but your not saving a whole lot. You picked up the one the only LARRY HUGHES and his 12 million / year contract which runs for two years AFTER this season. So you basically save about 7 million.I'm not sure how familiar with The Hughes.....but check out Heylarryhughespleasestoptakingsomanybadshots.com. It should catch you up on all you need to know.Good Luck
You're right but Wallace hasn't done anything since he's been here, and I'm just glad he's gone, even if Hughes is a bum.
Looks like 3 way poo poo platter to me. Only player in there I'd like is Delonte West, he has some talent.
  • 1 month later...

This painful season is almost over, but there is some more bad news.Sam Smith, a basketball writer for the Chicago Tribune, is retiring. I'm saddened by this, because he's probably my favorite basketball writer and one of the best in the country.

• 1 month later...
Gotta be Beasley right? He's exactly what they need.
They need a big man... Beasley is like 6'9/6'10... not big enough to count. He's skilled, but they need a presence down there.But, what they really need is a REAL point guard. Ship all the other guards somewhere else for a decent PF or Center, or both. (If someone would be willing to take them.)
They need a big man... Beasley is like 6'9/6'10... not big enough to count. He's skilled, but they need a presence down there.But, what they really need is a REAL point guard. Ship all the other guards somewhere else for a decent PF or Center, or both. (If someone would be willing to take them.)
Beasley is going to be a beast of a power forward. They have a lot of other big bodies, just not any that are really skilled. Rose makes sense if they didn't have Hinrich on a 5 year deal. Either way the Bulls get a ton of flexibility by winning this lottery. They can pick what piece they want and deal some other players to fill in holes.
Beasley is going to be a beast of a power forward. They have a lot of other big bodies, just not any that are really skilled. Rose makes sense if they didn't have Hinrich on a 5 year deal. Either way the Bulls get a ton of flexibility by winning this lottery. They can pick what piece they want and deal some other players to fill in holes.
really hopes this thinking wins out because I want the Heat to get Rose.

There is a guy like Beasley in every draft. Some work out, some don't.You don't get a Rose every year. This decision is so easy.Please don't **** this up Pax.

There is a guy like Beasley in every draft. Some work out, some don't.You don't get a Rose every year. This decision is so easy.Please don't **** this up Pax.
There is a guy in every draft who averaged 25/12 as a freshman who plays inside and out? o rly?:)I still like Rose better but come on....Beasley is not just some guy and I would be fine with him falling to Miami. My prediction is Beasley does amazingly well in workouts and the Bulls choice gets super interesting.
There is a guy in every draft who averaged 25/12 as a freshman who plays inside and out? o rly?:)I still like Rose better but come on....Beasley is not just some guy and I would be fine with him falling to Miami. My prediction is Beasley does amazingly well in workouts and the Bulls choice gets super interesting.
Maybe I was a bit too broad, he's on the higher end of the spectrum. But there's usually some big athletic scorer. Very good point guards are much harder to come by.
Maybe I was a bit too broad, he's on the higher end of the spectrum. But there's usually some big athletic scorer. Very good point guards are much harder to come by.
Really?You had Deron Williams and Chris Paul in the same draft, who was the best big guy in that draft?
Really?You had Deron Williams and Chris Paul in the same draft, who was the best big guy in that draft?
Andrew Bogut, duh
I'm not saying they all pan out. But there's always one with that kind of hype.And yeah, but I don't think anyone really expected Deron to be that good. I even watched Illinois games that year and he was pretty good, but no way I thought he'd get so much better when he moved up.But I mean, I'm talking really good point guards. Before Paul and Williams, who do you have that's THAT good? I'm talking like the Nash's and Kidd's of the league. People are saying Rose is going to be a better Deron Williams... if that's even close to true, then I'd take him in a second.
I'm not saying they all pan out. But there's always one with that kind of hype.And yeah, but I don't think anyone really expected Deron to be that good. I even watched Illinois games that year and he was pretty good, but no way I thought he'd get so much better when he moved up.But I mean, I'm talking really good point guards. Before Paul and Williams, who do you have that's THAT good? I'm talking like the Nash's and Kidd's of the league. People are saying Rose is going to be a better Deron Williams... if that's even close to true, then I'd take him in a second.
You can win titles without elite PG's, it's really hard to win a title without a dominate PF/C. Look at the teams left in the playoffs.How many of them have elite PG's... lets just go with 2 counting Parker and Billups who are arguably not even top 5 PG's. Now how many of those teams have elite big men? Every single one. KG, Gasol, Duncan, Wallace.Big men win championships.