ideas for the wsop...

In all honesty, maybe they should raise the buy in and limit the field and then eliminate all of the satellites, including qualifiers from on-line satellites. Do you all think that is a good idea? It would definately thin the field and I'm guessing those people who qualified from this site are glad that they have cheap satellites to win. Should Suited have been made to pay the 25K cash and not win a satellite to get into the WPT event? I'm guessing he wouldn't have gone. I'm going to venture a guess that Tuan Le wouldn't have been there, hell I'd guess that there would have been a few semi-pros that wouldn't have been there for that price.Would you all be upset when there were multi-millionaires winning the event becasue they can afford to buy-in stright, but still play like dead money becasue 25K doesn't matter to them or would you rather see one of us poor schmucks that hang out on this site get in through a satellite and take it down?

I just want to know when that lazy college student sittin ass naked in his dorm room with a bag of cheetos in his lap is going to stop dreaming about being a business tycoon and start a poker only cable channel. I want to see everytype of poker game you can imagine on tv, whenever I turn it on.

If you change the main event dramatically from what it is now..you'll ruin it. It will die. It will be like the Indy 500. Nobody will care anymore cause there are better alternatives.The reason all of us are playing poker (hopefully) is because we watched the WSOP (or WPT events) and thought "I can do that" or more importantly "I have the chance to do that".If you make an event for the top pros only ($100,000 buy in) then you really have to be sure it's what you want to do. It has to be a PGA style concept. you have to have the pros and qualifiers. Not online qualifiers but actual satellites where people show up and fight it out for a set number of spots. and if you do well at the main event, then you get an exemption to the next one or something. But you'd have to limit the pro event to 1000 entries maximum and hopefully a lot less like at the WPT championship. That seemed like a perfect event.

In all honesty, maybe they should raise the buy in and limit the field and then eliminate all of the satellites, including qualifiers from on-line satellites. Do you all think that is a good idea? It would definately thin the field and I'm guessing those people who qualified from this site are glad that they have cheap satellites to win. Should Suited have been made to pay the 25K cash and not win a satellite to get into the WPT event? I'm guessing he wouldn't have gone. I'm going to venture a guess that Tuan Le wouldn't have been there, hell I'd guess that there would have been a few semi-pros that wouldn't have been there for that price.Would you all be upset when there were multi-millionaires winning the event becasue they can afford to buy-in stright, but still play like dead money becasue 25K doesn't matter to them or would you rather see one of us poor schmucks that hang out on this site get in through a satellite and take it down?
He does have a point. When I played the $285 satelite at the Bellagio, to get into the super satelite, I looked across the table and saw one of the guys who finished fifth at the WSOP a few years back. I thought to myself what the hell is he doing here, then I looked to the tables around me and noticed quite a few familiar faces. Fact is most of these pros don't buy directly in. If you read Josh Arieh's blog a few weeks ago he was talking about how he was heads up in a satelite for the WPT Championship. Oh by the way in the WPT super satelite that I played, it was definitely the most difficult field that I have played in. I sit down and look at the guy to my right to see a FREAKING WSOP braclet. I said to the guy where did you get that Ebay. The next table I went to had a World Series Main event champion, then once he left Humberto Brenes sat down, not to mention TJ Cloutier who was sitting over my right shoulder. Point is very few of these players buy directly in. Not sure why everyone wants to see the same people at the final table, but I for one like the idea that anyone can win.