Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: ITH Forums)saw flop|saw showdownBB ($33.75)UTG ($20.55)UTG+1 ($15.15)MP1 ($10.85)MP2 ($9.25)Hero ($23.25)Button ($24.65)SB ($4.20)Preflop: Hero is CO with :D, :D. 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.85, 2 folds, BB raises to $2.9, Hero calls $1.80.Flop: ($5.65) :D, :), :club:(2 players)BB bets $2, Hero raises to $6, BB raises to $33.1 (All-In), Hero calls $14.60 (All-In).Turn: ($46.85) :D(2 players, 2 all-in)River: ($46.85) :)(2 players, 2 all-in)Final Pot: $46.85I called this begrudgingly, guessing trip 9s in the chat. The thing that got me was the big pf repop (which made 99 seem unlikely to me and that's the only hand I'm worried about). Also, the game told me the total pot was already something like $43 because he went all-in with more chips than I had left; I didn't double check the math. So I thought I was calling $14 to win $40-$45 instead of around $30.Anyway, this is 100% a fold to the reraise on the flop, correct?

with such a big re raise you'd think the only hand you'd realistically be behind is AA... i dunno. weird spot. i'd probably only fold if I put my opponent on AA. it's quite a large re raise though. he could be gambling with a suited king... but it wouldn' t make much sesne to reraise with KQ... i dunno. wanna pm me the results :club:

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: ITH Forums)saw flop|saw showdownBB ($33.75)UTG ($20.55)UTG+1 ($15.15)MP1 ($10.85)MP2 ($9.25)Hero ($23.25)Button ($24.65)SB ($4.20)Preflop: Hero is CO with :D, :D. 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.85, 2 folds, BB raises to $2.9, Hero calls $1.80.Flop: ($5.65) :D, :), :club:(2 players)BB bets $2, Hero raises to $6, BB raises to $33.1 (All-In), Hero calls $14.60 (All-In).Turn: ($46.85) :D(2 players, 2 all-in)River: ($46.85) :)(2 players, 2 all-in)Final Pot: $46.85I called this begrudgingly, guessing trip 9s in the chat. The thing that got me was the big pf repop (which made 99 seem unlikely to me and that's the only hand I'm worried about). Also, the game told me the total pot was already something like $43 because he went all-in with more chips than I had left; I didn't double check the math. So I thought I was calling $14 to win $40-$45 instead of around $30.Anyway, this is 100% a fold to the reraise on the flop, correct?
Ack never! You've hit just about the best flop possible. If you're going to fold this flop, then just fold pf.Most likely, I would tank a bit on the flop and call, and try and make it look like I had a hand like QQ/JJ that he could bluff me off on the turn. When he bets turn, then I'd get my money in.If he has AA, then nh to him, but I'm folding tptk in a 3bet pot just about never. He can easily show up with AQ/AJ here, underpairs, etc. (which is why I just call flop, especially with the backdoor flush draw)Mark
I never ever ever fold this flop. Ever.
Even with the big repop pf and the all in re raise on the flop? We're only worried about AA and 99, and we've got one ace so he'd have to have both remaining aces --> seems unlikely. The repop pf seems big for 99, but I guess it seems more likely than AA. Bottom set happens here almost never in my experience. There's nothing I could put him on that didn't have a twist somewhere in the action. So either he's reckless with a draw or weaker ace, or he has a set and knows I've got TPTK and won't fold to a re raise.
I think against certain players this is a fold.Usually, I'd call here.
The only way I could ever fold this flop is if I had a read on the villain as being a meganit, in which case I would not be in this position as I would not have even bothered to call the preflop reraise. But if you call a preflop reraise with AK then bet/fold or raise/fold an Axx flop you are losing money bigtime.
The only way I could ever fold this flop is if I had a read on the villain as being a meganit, in which case I would not be in this position as I would not have even bothered to call the preflop reraise. But if you call a preflop reraise with AK then bet/fold or raise/fold an Axx flop you are losing money bigtime.
Oh yeah, I didn't even notice preflop.I'd re-reraise here (preflop). Especially since I raise a lot on the button and villain might 3-bet with a wide range to defend.

Ok... call me a nit but...What the hell makes this play at us that we can beat? An overvalued A-Q or A-J?Think about it. This is A-x spades 0% of the time since we hold the A of spades. That absolutely destroys the range of hands we're beating.This is a fold. It's a pissed off fold but it's a fold. You're hoping to split the pot by calling here.An overshove is either:A ) a draw, which we've basically ruled out here unless he's insane with KQs or KJs preflop from the BBB ) a monster

Ok... call me a nit but...What the hell makes this play at us that we can beat? An overvalued A-Q or A-J?Think about it. This is A-x spades 0% of the time since we hold the A of spades. That absolutely destroys the range of hands we're beating.This is a fold. It's a pissed off fold but it's a fold. You're hoping to split the pot by calling here.An overshove is either:A ) a draw, which we've basically ruled out here unless he's insane with KQs or KJs preflop from the BBB ) a monster
This is exactly why my original post guessed that this may be 100% a fold. Of course, while I was playing I thought it was a call.RESULT: Villain turns over 99. I think he overvalued it pf and figured I had AK (maybe with nfd) from my flop raise. If I were him I'd have pushed too with that information.
This is exactly why my original post guessed that this may be 100% a fold. Of course, while I was playing I thought it was a call.RESULT: Villain turns over 99. I think he overvalued it pf and figured I had AK (maybe with nfd) from my flop raise. If I were him I'd have pushed too with that information.
This is never a fold. Unless you know that the villain is nitty or something, you just don't fold here.He can have 1 different combo of AAHe can have 3 differet combos of 99.He can have 6 combos of AK.He can have 8 combos of AQ.He can be bluffing. He can have reraised with KQss. He can be shoving KK cause he's an idiot and is frustrated the A flopped.You can't fold here.
This is never a fold. Unless you know that the villain is nitty or something, you just don't fold here.He can have 1 different combo of AAHe can have 3 differet combos of 99.He can have 6 combos of AK.He can have 8 combos of AQ.He can be bluffing. He can have reraised with KQss. He can be shoving KK cause he's an idiot and is frustrated the A flopped.You can't fold here.
We just saw the old guy donk do this at the final table of the WSOP ME. KK 3bet, Ace flops, hrm, check raise all in! Nice play donkster. OP, try not to be results oriented, and don't ever even consider folding this. And if you would, then just fold the AK pf to the 3bet and save your money.Mark
I'd 3bet a pair of 9s from the blinds as well against a player who raises a lot in late position.