Always The Same. It's About Jacks!

VILLAIN (edited) is wild and aggressive postflop. But raising from early position means sth, even for him.Absolute PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $28.39UTG+1: $113.88Hero: $55.75Button: $102.65SB: $27.20BB: $70.70Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with :D :D UTG calls, UTG+1 raises to $2.5, Hero calls, 2 folds, BB calls, UTG folds.Flop: :D :D :club: ($8.25, 3 players)BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $5, BB folds, UTG+1 raises to $16, Hero ? (Probably should have reraised preflop, right?)Results:Final pot: $18.25

It's a pretty tough spot but I think a fold is in order. What does he C/R with here on such a dry board? I doubt anyone would do this with a single hand you beat, EXCEPT maybe AT, but ATo isn't in everyone's UTG+1 range. Either way, that's really the only hand in his range that you beat so his range is crushing you. I fold.

I agree with the fold.However, if you've been playing aggressively post-flop as you say then he may think you're betting with nothing because of the board. I think this is an overplayed pair more often than a set; and a set a little more often than a bluff.

I agree with the fold.However, if you've been playing aggressively post-flop as you say then he may think you're betting with nothing because of the board. I think this is an overplayed pair more often than a set; and a set a little more often than a bluff.
SORRY I MEANT VILLAIN IS WILD AGGRESSIVE

wild aggressives do this with air often. Check cause you missed expecting late position caller to take a stab and then C/R trying to plant it into their head that you can't do this with anything less than KK. What does "means sth" mean? ie his preflop raise range is large? Yes, you beat a bluff, but you're up against a guy who bluffs a lot. Call flop, call turn.

What does "means sth" mean? ie his preflop raise range is large?
The problem is I don't know. Always when he was on the Button he raised and folded to reraises. So I think he has a very wide range for preflopraising anyway. But he never raised so far from one of the early positions. So I gave him credit for a at least reasonable hand.Postflop so far was: Villain bets - I call; Turn: villain bets - I fold. So I have never seen his hands at showdown.

I don't understand why he would check to you. What reason does he have to think you would take the lead after that flop? Given his tendencies I can't help but wonder if he is making a move at the pot with a hand like AK, his re-raise is awfully big. Also, what hand could he be putting you on that would call a check raise that big?Did you typically take the lead when checked to in position?In any case, I think a fold is the correct play. I can't help but be suspicious though, I would love to know what you have seen him check raise with in the past.

The problem is I don't know. Always when he was on the Button he raised and folded to reraises. So I think he has a very wide range for preflopraising anyway. But he never raised so far from one of the early positions. So I gave him credit for a at least reasonable hand.Postflop so far was: Villain bets - I call; Turn: villain bets - I fold. So I have never seen his hands at showdown.
It's clearly a change up hand. I'm not sure if I'm biased because I will not c-bet every flop if I'm raising a lot preflop just so that I don't fall into too much of a predictable pattern. And often heads up, I'm going to C/R if I think he's just trying to pick up the pot. AA-JJ should be looking to get paid off considering he's been so aggressive.When I'm raising "too much" i'm playing my big hands fast because sooner or later some one is going to play back at me with something less. So for my big hands, I usually don't take my foot off the gas, and I just don't see him doing it here if he fits the description you gave. I think he's running a bluff here a lot more than not.
FYP
Yeah, i didn't really know much about him until this wsop, but what a huge horse's ass. If i were at the table on the hand he got busted, i don't think i could stop from laughing at the sick call he made when he beat absolutely nothing.
Yeah, i didn't really know much about him until this wsop, but what a huge horse's ass. If i were at the table on the hand he got busted, i don't think i could stop from laughing at the sick call he made when he beat absolutely nothing.
Who? What did I miss? Are you talking about Rain Kahn?
And damn you are right. I folded and he showed A4o. Good read Scott
Well played. You got good information to use against him later. I'm still folding here though with the info given.
Well played. You got good information to use against him later.
No, I left the table. I was afraid of him :club: But yeah I would fold this always again giving the action. But maybe I just should have bet more, maybe like $10. That could have slowed him down. Thoughts?