"On the river Jamie was heads up with Eli Elezra. The final board read Qc Js 5c 7c Qh. Jamie bet about $10,000 and while Eli was thinking, he showed him the 4c. I love it! Who thinks this is bad for poker??? Seriously, does anyone think that showing cards in this situation makes the game any less entertaining, or for that matter, hurt the integrity of the game in any way?"Well, in that case, Eli would have had sevens full of queens. The board was slightly different, but Daniel caught the essence of it. I also like Jamie showing the card, but he totally gave it away like you said, Eli even made a forward motion and he said with a little fear in his voice, "you don't want to be bluffed twice on TV" or something, doing kind of the opposite of what he did during WSOP ME 2006. So sick too, he shows the bluff, again, and says he is always gonna bluff the river, and pretty much sticks to it, and when he has two pair against Bob Safai he checks it, and top pair against Eli he checks it down. When he gets that image, you gotta valuebet too.Like the way Daniel and Hellmuth played this show, Farha is playing PLO style NLHE:p

I know I am a little late but am just now catching up on the HSP season 4 episodes. I gotta say there is WAY too much talking during hands imo.During the Eli/Gold 4c bluff there was an insane amount. Even Helmuth, who went off last season on PAD about this, was doing his share.And then Daniel/Farha with the 3h-4h hand....man! Everyone is yaking away, speculating out loud, and Gold even announces Daniel's exact hand! Bad.I mean these guys are certainly good enough to put everyone on a pretty accurate range, but still if I were DN I'd have been a little ticked in that hand. These guys should really shut up during hands. I think it sets a bad precedent to the up and comers that this is o.k. behaviour (that's Canadian for behavior, lol).

I know I am a little late but am just now catching up on the HSP season 4 episodes. I gotta say there is WAY too much talking during hands imo.During the Eli/Gold 4c bluff there was an insane amount. Even Helmuth, who went off last season on PAD about this, was doing his share.And then Daniel/Farha with the 3h-4h hand....man! Everyone is yaking away, speculating out loud, and Gold even announces Daniel's exact hand! Bad.I mean these guys are certainly good enough to put everyone on a pretty accurate range, but still if I were DN I'd have been a little ticked in that hand. These guys should really shut up during hands. I think it sets a bad precedent to the up and comers that this is o.k. behaviour (that's Canadian for behavior, lol).
I completely agree, one of my biggest pet peeves happens at my old weekley home game. After this one guy would muck his hand and that hand hit the flop good, he would always groan and make a big physical sigh that you knew he folded a peice of that flop, it really messed up the game.
Like the way Daniel and Hellmuth played this show, Farha is playing PLO style NLHE:club:
Is Sammy Farha a donkey? This is a serious question. I am a microlimits player, but when I see a player who plays the way he does, I lick my lips. He seems to throw away $100 000's of dollars with reckless abandon with crap hand after crap hand.

Farha seems to play very loose and likes that persona because he can get paid off when he has a big hand. So some of what you have seen is advertsising, some is tilt and Farha is a multiu millionaire gambler so $100,000 although is a lot of money to you or I, is not much to him. Hell he would be up or down 1 Million a sitting at some points in the Big NLHE/PLO Game between him and Sbrugby along with others.

As long as they are playing 8 handed No Limit Holdem Farha is a donk. He doesnt adjust well to playing full ring and isnt that great of a NL player to start with.

i know u can leave a poker game anytime u want, but when safi announced that he was leaving after that hand, where he was a fav pf, is that a bit slimy?just asking.

i know u can leave a poker game anytime u want, but when safi announced that he was leaving after that hand, where he was a fav pf, is that a bit slimy?just asking.
Why would it be slimy?I like it in that situation - you're saying you have to go, letting everyone else know that when you do leave it's not (1) I won the hand, now I'm taking the money and running, or (2) I lost the hand so now I'm leaving in a pout.
Not at all, he had been saying for a while that his plane was waiting for him, he had somewhere to be, and then before he put the money in he said OK this is it my last hand.