A H L Swackers

I do it old school with pen and paper. It doesn't take hours. It would be even easier if I did use a spreadsheet.

Hold on.

You're telling me that in 59min or less, you found the NHL sched, and then using only paper+pen, you figured out which combinations of 3 goalies, out of 30, gave you 0 misses on game nights?

Sorry, I dont believe you. You must be gifted or something, that seems impossible.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

**** the Swackers, **** Shea Weber and **** Nutella!

I've heard the same whispers about me. Lol   "How do rumors get started, they're started by the jealous people and They get mad seein' somethin' they had and somebody else is holdin'"   That's ri

3rd in the league now...very nice

Hold on.

You're telling me that in 59min or less, you found the NHL sched, and then using only paper+pen, you figured out which combinations of 3 goalies, out of 30, gave you 0 misses on game nights?

Sorry, I dont believe you. You must be gifted or something, that seems impossible.

Dont forget I already had 2 Goalies signed...WSH and WPG.

I get a piece of lined paper and write 1 to 77 down the left side along wit thE date. Then I write 1-1 to 1-7, 2-1 to 2-7, 3-1 to 3-7 and 4-1 to 4-7.

Then I put WSH and WPG where they are available. Then I highlight the empty games and write in which goalies are available that night. Then it's just a matter of counting how many no-goalie nights each of the 3rd possible sets would leave me with.

NSH was my best 3rd set and would've left me with only 1 no-goalie night but Zach wouldn't trade his and I didn't really want to give up an asset for PK Dealers' set which would've cost $2.75 to sign...and I didn't want a bidding war on them at auction so I picked up BUF from Dan. They're only $0.25 and leave me with 4 no-goalie games...3 during the season and 1 in the first round of the playoffs.

I'll time myself next year :)

Dont forget I already had 2 Goalies signed...WSH and WPG.

I get a piece of lined paper and write 1 to 77 down the left side along wit thE date. Then I write 1-1 to 1-7, 2-1 to 2-7, 3-1 to 3-7 and 4-1 to 4-7.

Then I put WSH and WPG where they are available. Then I highlight the empty games and write in which goalies are available that night. Then it's just a matter of counting how many no-goalie nights each of the 3rd possible sets would leave me with.

NSH was my best 3rd set and would've left me with only 1 no-goalie night but Zach wouldn't trade his and I didn't really want to give up an asset for PK Dealers' set which would've cost $2.75 to sign...and I didn't want a bidding war on them at auction so I picked up BUF from Dan. They're only $0.25 and leave me with 4 no-goalie games...3 during the season and 1 in the first round of the playoffs.

I'll time myself next year :)

Buffalo isnt that bad, but if Vancouver (I think they will have the worst GAA this year) was the option that gave you 0 goalie nights, and LA was the option that gave you 4 empty nights, would you really pick Vancouver, all else being equal, ie salary+cost to acquire?

btw, thanks, but I dont think I understand what this "Then I write 1-1 to 1-7, 2-1 to 2-7, 3-1 to 3-7 and 4-1 to 4-7" means. I understand if its proprietary information. :)

1-1 to 4-7 are just playoff nights.

The best goalies in the league last year were ANA. They gave up 192 goals in 82 games for an Avg of 2.34 Goals against. If you divide that by 2 to get AHL scoring then ANA was on average a -1.17 per game.

The worst Goalies last year were Calgary with an Avg of 3.17 Goals against. That's -1.59 on Avg in AHL scoring. It's really not a huge difference...not compared to no-goalie nights which are obv -2.50.

I think it would interesting to keep track of it. Would depend on number of holes vs number of times you had to use an inferior gtd over the course of the rest of the year.

you save on avg .61ahl pts, whenevr Cgy covers an empty spot. But if it was only a 4 game empty spot, thats 2.44ahl pts.

lets say you then had to use Cgy another 10 games, instead of Anaheim, who did not cover those 4 empts spots. Now in those 10 games, you lost 4.2ahl pts.

I think it depends on how strong your top 2 are, and how often they play. If you only use Cgy on the 4 empty nights, then ok. But I doubt it works like that all the time, and I assume you guys also look at the playoffs, and figure out...."do I really want to use Cgy 3 nights in a best of 7 series?"

just a lot to consider IMO. or maybe Im just lazy. lol

There are definitely a lot of factors to consider.

I wish our schedule came out before we had to submit our rosters. I'd care much less about a no-goalie game against a team like Greaseballs than I do about one against Steelheads for example.

Speaking of Goalie combos though. I had to make a decision on whether I keep MTL at $5+, surely if I could make the draft I wouldn't have but I really didn't want to settle with what was left after the FA draft (Like both sets of EDM!) and the chance to get NYR back to make a 4 non goalie combo seemed to make sense.

I noticed on Dobber that all three of my Goalies are top 10 so that's a plus as well right.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Poor guy. First he has to go to Montreal. Now from the mighty Mustangs to the Swackers.

Condolences to the Weber family

I wish this team wasn't in my conference, because

1) I dont want to play against the Swackers anymore. Will beat me to the playoffs and beat me some more on the way too.

2) I would root for this team above all others in the AHL. Just cant root for the guy in my conference.

• Like 1

**** the Swackers, **** Shea Weber and **** Nutella!

Now that the schedule has been posted I have proper shit talk days to look forward to... starting with Canadian 'Pathet'ic... see ya Oct 18th.. the first of several days you will be SWACKED this year.

Bitch

• Like 2

You be sure to chirp that to Price, Giroux and especially Weber when you're skating past them.

Skating past them is the key point. I'm having trouble deciding what forwards to use. Schenn will still be serving his suspension, but I have so many weapons it's hard to choose.

I think I'm going with this for my D:

P.K. Subban NSH

John Carlson WSH

T.J. Brodie CGY

Shayne Gostisbehere PHI

I'm guessing your lineup will look like this:

Claude Giroux PHI OT

Jonathan Drouin TAM

Filip Forsberg NSH

Kyle Palmieri NJD

Brock Nelson NYI

Elias Lindholm CAR

Shea Weber MTL

Olli Maatta PIT

Hampus Lindholm ANA

Rasmus Ristolainen BUF

Connor Murphy ARI

Chris Tanev VAN

MTL

I'm guessing your lineup will look like this:

Claude Giroux PHI OT

Jonathan Drouin TAM

Filip Forsberg NSH

Kyle Palmieri NJD

Brock Nelson NYI

Elias Lindholm CAR

Shea Weber MTL

Olli Maatta PIT

Hampus Lindholm ANA

Rasmus Ristolainen BUF

Connor Murphy ARI

Ivan Provorov, PHI

Chris Tanev VAN

MTL

Not too sure of everything yet. I'll be surprised if both Risto and Lindholm are unsigned. It was just announced that Provorov will not only make the team but be there for the season.. according to Hextall. We'll see.... I'll keep you guessing till the end!

:)

Dave, wtf, where is the announcement about Draisaitl for DStrome?

Huge deal, I had no idea it had happened last week. (AHL site awful for notifications)

Im curious, why the deal? At first glance, I think its really kind of even, just curious about the whys for each of you.

Cool deal though!

Hey Arp... there were a few factors.

- Brian reached out to me about Leon.

- I love Leon but Strome does project higher long term and in value to their team I would lean the importance more to Strome. (Cue raging debate on that one). I realize Leon can play Wing as well, so it's not like he will be the 3rd Center on EDM. Strome, on the other hand, it would seem, will always be a 1st liner on ARI.

- It nicely solved a bit of a double up situation for both of us... for about an hour anyways. The Yakupov trade happened about a hour after we agreed to the deal! lol

- Didn't matter, although I don't have an EDM fwd anymore I didn't have ARI or STL either, now I do.

- Leon is ahead by a year true, but I do think Strome has more benefit long term. I have a good few players peaking in the next couple years so this gives me a peaking player next gen, so to speak.

- I pretty much stick to certain write-ups to help my decisions and Strome was hands down the better player across all my 'sources'. :)

- Last but not least... there was whispers going around that I am the hardest owner to deal with. Well, **** whoever you guys are... make reasonable offers that make sense for both sides, and don't try to so obviously screw people over in deals, and you may find I am an absolute peach to deal with.

As you were..... bitches.

Great writeup Dave!

I honestly didnt know you were considered hard to deal with. I think if you ask Serge, he would be happy to tell you Im harder to deal with. :)

I like your thoughts on Strome > Leon. Like I said, I really really like both, so I can see either one having the better career, but I guess if I HAD to pick, I'd go Strome too. Plus I didnt realize you made the deal just before Yak got moved.

And good thinking on the "timing" of your team. Makes sense.

Love trades like this, wish we had more in the AHL that were so close you can barely pick a side.

• Like 1

I've heard the same whispers about me. Lol

"How do rumors get started, they're started by the jealous people and

They get mad seein' somethin' they had and somebody else is holdin'"

That's right! I just quoted Timex Social Club...bitchesssssss

• Like 2