Hu Dilema

Vague question about heads up play here.I'm playing heads up in my home game against a really really bad player, he has me outchipped two to one but i'm dead set a better poker player than him. The blinds aren't an issue at this point.After 5 hands, this occurs.I'm in the BB with A8o, he limps in and i raise 3 BBs, he thinks for about ten seconds then announces all in.I am confident i have the best hand, i put him on something like QT or QJ which he doesn't want to play after the flop with. There's no chance he has a big pair and i'm pretty certain he doesn't have a better ace.I know i have the best hand, but i'm not going to be a massive favourite and i'm a better player than him.Do i call for all my chips?

Do i call for all my chips?
If this is a tournament, and I suppose it is because you're talking about the blinds not yet being an issue, I would fold here. If you're certain that you are a better player, you should be able to outplay him after a flop. Of course, if the blinds start to become a problem, you should call here if you put him on Q-high.In a cashgame, I guess it depends on the amount of money involved. If it's just some friends playing for a few bucks, I would call here, assuming that I'm putting my money in good. Even if I lose, I probably wouldn't care much. If there's a lot of money involved, I wouldn't like the fact that he's drawing live.Interestingly, I had to make a similar decision yesterday in our homegame. My friend, not a terrible player but not a great one either, was tilting a bit because people had been calling his bluffs all evening. So he decided to just go all-in preflop for his last remaining euro's (not dollars :club:). I picked up A8o and made the call, for the reasons stated above. Turned out he had 73o and I won. It was a gamble, but I figured I was a (small) favorite to win in most situations. :D

If your read is right, that makes you about 55% to win. So the fundamental question is do you think you will win the HU match at least 55% of the time if you fold?If he would move in with a hand like that, you can set up him with a big hand. If you can outplay him on the flop by just check-calling from now on, you would likewise have a bigger edge.So if you thought the blinds were an issue, calling would be reasonable. If you think you can beat him by grinding it's better to let it go.

I don't think passing up any edge in a tournament where you are "guaranteed" ahead is a good idea...But its tough to answer questions like this w/out more detailed info on blinds, stacks, and the player's weaknesses which you can capitalize on

Hes a really really bad player and he limp/reraises all in? You need better than A8 to call here, at best youre racing. If he's that bad and blinds are small I dont raise with an A to start with though, Id prefer and try to outplay him with a good flop.